Status
Not open for further replies.

sake

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Good luck everyone!!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just says app complete on AADSAS. No emails after submitting the supp.

Scratch that ^

Forgot that I received an under review email saying my file has been sent to the ADCOM for review.

Is a 4th LOR truly required for UNLV?

Is a 4th LOR truly required for UNLV?
I believe it is. I had letters from 3 professors and one dentist. My application was considered incomplete because my dentist LOR did not explicitly state that I shadowed in his office (I did shadow in his office, I'm not sure why he didn't mention it in the LOR). I had to ask him to resubmit it to UNLV explicitly stating that I worked for him and then they marked my app complete. They take these LORs pretty seriously.

Reactions: 1 user
I believe it is. I had letters from 3 professors and one dentist. My application was considered incomplete because my dentist LOR did not explicitly state that I shadowed in his office (I did shadow in his office, I'm not sure why he didn't mention it in the LOR). I had to ask him to resubmit it to UNLV explicitly stating that I worked for him and then they marked my app complete. They take these LORs pretty seriously.
Thanks for the info!

Received under review email on 7/28. Haven't heard anything back yet.

friend of mine got an interview here; i don't think they're on SDN but just thought i should let you all know that they've started.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I got an interview on Oct 20th!

Reactions: 2 users
Hey guys! Thought I should let you know I got an interview invite yesterday! Oct. 20!

Reactions: 3 users
For those of you that received interviews, when did you submit your app/ have it complete?

For those of you that received interviews, when did you submit your app/ have it complete?

I submitted it in mid-June. The application was fully complete by end of June I believe.

STFU I GOT AN INTERVIEW! Check your emails, everyone! Status changed on AADSAS as well.

Notification date: 08/09
Method of notification: email
Residency: CA
Application complete date: 7/11
GPA (science, overall): 3.02 for both (but 3.98 for the past 2 years)
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/23/21/22/none but 19 QR

Interview Date: 10/20

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone thing I have a good shot at getting an interview?
OOS
18 AA 17 TS
Overall 3.48 w/ (+/-) and 3.53 w/o-------Science 3.35 w/ (+/-) and 3.42 w/o
Solid leadership
900+ hours of Volunteer
450+ hours of Shadowing (General Dentist, Oral Surgeon, Periodontist, Endodontist)
1000 hours of undergraduate research with 3 publications
Currently do research @ Medical School during this Gap year
Thanks guys

Interview #3
Email 8/14

CA
AA 20 TS 21 PAT 21
sGPA 3.33, oGPA 3.45

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone thing I have a good shot at getting an interview?
OOS
18 AA 17 TS
Overall 3.48 w/ (+/-) and 3.53 w/o-------Science 3.35 w/ (+/-) and 3.42 w/o
Solid leadership
900+ hours of Volunteer
450+ hours of Shadowing (General Dentist, Oral Surgeon, Periodontist, Endodontist)
1000 hours of undergraduate research with 3 publications
Currently do research @ Medical School during this Gap year
Thanks guys
on the site it says AT LEAST a 19 for TS,PAT, and AA

Just got an interview and I'm from AZ!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Quick question, help!

In supplemental, they asked "List the names of all other dental schools you have applied to. If not applicable, list 'None.'"
Are they asking what schools we are applying this cycle or schools what have applied to in the previous cycles?

Quick question, help!

In supplemental, they asked "List the names of all other dental schools you have applied to. If not applicable, list 'None.'"
Are they asking what schools we are applying this cycle or schools what have applied to in the previous cycles?
All the schools you've applied to this cycle.

I got the email that my application was under review on August 7, and I got my invitation to interview on August 10! Way faster than I was expecting. My interview is on September 29th, and I'm in-state. So excited!

I got the email that my application was under review on August 7, and I got my invitation to interview on August 10! Way faster than I was expecting. My interview is on September 29th, and I'm in-state. So excited!

Congrats! If you are in-state, you have great odds of interviews and acceptance at UNLV. Here's their stats from last year. 75% of in state applicants got interviews.

Screenshot 2017-08-17 at 8.56.16 PM.png

Last edited:
Question to those who received an interview: was your AADSAS application status "Under Review"?
Thank you =)

I got an interview this past Friday and my date is September 29th as well! I'm from California. I'll see ya there!

My application went to "under review" on 7/18 -- exactly a month from then I received my email inviting me to an interview. Good luck everyone.

Quick question! So I received the "under review" email but my AADSAS only says "received/application complete". Did anyone with an interview encounter this as well?

Quick question! So I received the "under review" email but my AADSAS only says "received/application complete". Did anyone with an interview encounter this as well?
That's my situation ><

When did you receive the under review email? Thank you!!

Last edited:

Mine said that as well and I received an interview so don't worry.

I've been told that the wording on your applications does not matter, be it "receiver/under review" or whatever. They get back to you when they do.

That's my situation ><

When did you receive the under review email? Thank you!!
Im in the same boat, I got an email saying that my app is getting reviewed on the 9th!

For those that received interviews: How long after getting "under review" email did you get an interview invite?

Mine said that as well and I received an interview so don't worry.

I've been told that the wording on your applications does not matter, be it "receiver/under review" or whatever. They get back to you when they do.

Thanks for letting us know!

Posted in the big chat but I got an interview today! 4:35 PM PST.

Interview #4, stats in my signature

Status
Not open for further replies.