2018 ****The Official UNLV Dental Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just received an interview invite!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Hi friends! I got accepted here last cycle and will be attending. I'm happy to answer any of your questions! It's an amazing school

Reactions: 1 user
Hi friends! I got accepted here last cycle and will be attending. I'm happy to answer any of your questions! It's an amazing school

How was the interview? What was it like? Are you from Nevada? Where are good apartments to live at with lots of fellow dental students (assuming we get in)? Is the gym on the main campus accessible for free for the dental students (gym looks sick!)? When does school start for first years?

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad :)
How was the interview? What was it like? Are you from Nevada? Where are good apartments to live at with lots of fellow dental students (assuming we get in)? Is the gym on the main campus accessible for free for the dental students (gym looks sick!)? When does school start for first years?

Thanks in advance!
1- Literally the best interview process of the three I had
2- There's the standard stuff walking you through the school and talking about presentations. For the actual interview, it works like this:
* Get a sheet of paper that lists the interviewers (there's a professor and a student) and who's interviewing who at what time. You'll interview with both a student and a professor. I don't want to give too much away but essentially the student ones are very laid back and the staff is very friendly!
3- I'm from maryland :) I love it here though
4- For apartments you'll make a facebook page and then all the D2-4's have recommendations for ya
5- I'm guessing it is but I never thought to ask
6- Orientation week starts Sept 5 for us and then classes start Sept 11th!

Reactions: 5 users
1- Literally the best interview process of the three I had
2- There's the standard stuff walking you through the school and talking about presentations. For the actual interview, it works like this:
* Get a sheet of paper that lists the interviewers (there's a professor and a student) and who's interviewing who at what time. You'll interview with both a student and a professor. I don't want to give too much away but essentially the student ones are very laid back and the staff is very friendly!
3- I'm from maryland :) I love it here though
4- For apartments you'll make a facebook page and then all the D2-4's have recommendations for ya
5- I'm guessing it is but I never thought to ask
6- Orientation week starts Sept 5 for us and then classes start Sept 11th!

Thank you!! If I have any other questions, I'll message you if that's alright! Good luck in your first year :p

Hi. When are your interviews?

--random UNLV student looking forward to see applicants walking around campus

Where are people staying for their interviews?

I'm interviewing ovtober 6th if anyone wants to split a room or something let me know

Members don't see this ad :)
For anyone who is interviewing, I'd be down to meet you on Thursday early evening (interviews are all on Fridays) and answer any questions about the interview in person. Send me a private message and we can arrange.

--a 1st year

For anyone who is interviewing, I'd be down to meet you on Thursday early evening (interviews are all on Fridays) and answer any questions about the interview in person. Send me a private message and we can arrange.

--a 1st year
Oh and your options of entertainment with me are pool, billiard, or BBQ dinner.

Looks like they are scheduling interviews post 12/1 now.

School: UNLV
Notification date: 9/18
Method of notification: Email
Residency: CA
Application received date (Under Review Email): 7/7
Interview Date: 1/26
GPA (science, overall) 3.74, 3.78
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): AA 24/ TS 22/ PAT 20/ RC 23/ QR 27 none below 17

Career changer (high school teacher for 5 years), 900+ hours of dental shadowing

Have my interview this Friday. Where should we park for it? On the Grad Rebel Gateway it says "the parking area closest to Carl's Jr is the best area to park to avoid incurring a parking ticket." The nearest Carl's Jr. is 1.4 miles away from the school. Is this where you previous interviewees parked? If not, where did you park? Greatly appreciate the replies in advance!

Have my interview this Friday. Where should we park for it? On the Grad Rebel Gateway it says "the parking area closest to Carl's Jr is the best area to park to avoid incurring a parking ticket." The nearest Carl's Jr. is 1.4 miles away from the school. Is this where you previous interviewees parked? If not, where did you park? Greatly appreciate the replies in advance!

I parked in patient parking without problems. But that was last year. Give the admission office a call. It's an easy question

Just got offered my interview today! I scheduled it for January 19th.
3.4 GPA
AA 19/PAT 22/QR 19/RC 20/BIO 18/GC 19/OC 17/TS 18
In-state, 2 years dental assisting

Just want to check with others regarding the status on aadsas because my status went from "invited to interview" to "none". I'm freaking out since this is my first interview.

Just want to check with others regarding the status on aadsas because my status went from "invited to interview" to "none". I'm freaking out since this is my first interview.
same thing happened to me. check your grad rebel status, it should still say invited to interview.

Happened to me. I called them and they said no worries and that the interview still was on. I think the portal is just wonky sometimes. Don’t worry!

Interview #2!!!
OOS
21 AA 22 TS 20 PAT
3.76 oGPA, 3.66 sGPA

When we confirm our day, does it show up in the UNLV portal or is it just the confirmation email we get that we have scheduled our interview?

Interview #2!!!
OOS
21 AA 22 TS 20 PAT
3.76 oGPA, 3.66 sGPA

When we confirm our day, does it show up in the UNLV portal or is it just the confirmation email we get that we have scheduled our interview?
I think it’s just the email, but I don’t remember. The portal does tell you a little bit about the day, but the main info comes from the confirmation call you get about 3 days before the actual interview.

Good luck! It’s the best interview day! Everyone is super laid back and nice.

I think it’s just the email, but I don’t remember. The portal does tell you a little bit about the day, but the main info comes from the confirmation call you get about 3 days before the actual interview.

Good luck! It’s the best interview day! Everyone is super laid back and nice.
Awesome! Thank you! I just wanted to make sure that I confirmed it right and it sounds like I did! Sweet! Thanks for the tips! I am really excited!

Are there dates you can pick from for the interview?
Or are the dates assigned?

I had a choice between 3 days, but this was when there were more interview dates available. I'm not sure now. Go with what Tommy says

Sorry assigned as in I had the choice between two days but that was it. Sorry for the confusion.

Sorry assigned as in I had the choice between two days but that was it. Sorry for the confusion.
I called UNLV, they said I can choose, and there are more dates available, but it won't show up. And they cannot input the date for me. So I am in a bind... I may try to call them again to verify.

Wait so you can call and get an earlier time than the ones that were given in the email?

Wait so you can call and get an earlier time than the ones that were given in the email?
I called. They said they do have more dates, but they do not know why it is not showing up. However, they cannot schedule or reschedule for you on the phone.

What do y'all think my chances are? Honestly.

3.7 overall gpa & science gpa (bio/chem major/minor).
19 AA 19 PAT 19 QR 24 RC 18 TS.
65 hours shadowing multiple dentists (general & orthos).
350 hours research.
100 hours volunteering.
NCAA student athlete all 4 years.
Excellent LOR's.
Planned service trip to Nepal in the spring to volunteer with dental group.
App submitted September 29.

UNLV is my top choice & I so eagerly want an interview there!

I called. They said they do have more dates, but they do not know why it is not showing up. However, they cannot schedule or reschedule for you on the phone.
Interesting. Let me know if you figure it out. I would love to get an earlier date.

Just out of curiosity... interviewed here last week. Just noticed my top has a bleach stain. Anyone happen to see me with a bleach stain on my back and right arm? Feel kinda silly if I did

Applied to UNLV on JULY 18th and no news yet, neither interview invitation nor rejection? what might happened :( so nervous

According to last years thread, they reduced their interviews from 400ish to 260ish. Does that mean they interview to accept now? Kinda like UOP?

According to last years thread, they reduced their interviews from 400ish to 260ish. Does that mean they interview to accept now? Kinda like UOP?
During the interview day, they told us that they interview about 260/270 people a cycle. Does not mean they will accept you if you interview, of course. There are only 81 spots for this years class, I believe.

During the interview day, they told us that they interview about 260/270 people a cycle. Does not mean they will accept you if you interview, of course. There are only 81 spots for this years class, I believe.
Do you know if this includes post December 1 interviews?

Do you know if this includes post December 1 interviews?
Pretty sure they meant for the entire cycle. But don't worry, they didn't start interviewing until late September. I know this because I was part of the first interview day. Probably many, many, many seats that still need to be filled!

I'm facing the same situation and the earliest date I have available is Jan 26. I too would like an earlier date, let me know if you figure something out.

Just out of curiosity... interviewed here last week. Just noticed my top has a bleach stain. Anyone happen to see me with a bleach stain on my back and right arm? Feel kinda silly if I did

...do you mind telling us what the interview was like this year?
Please & thank you!

Please & thank you!

Please & thank you!
The interviews themselves were great. 30 min with a dental student and 30 min with a faculty member.

The day itself was fantastic, as well. A talk from Dr. K that was extremely energized, a financial aid talk, lunch with dental students, etc. I think it's very similar to what other interview days are like at other schools, yet UNLV stands out in my mind because of how nice, approachable, and relaxed everyone seemed to be. It didn't have the "high-stake, anxious" feeling that you can potentially get at other schools.

It's a really fun day. You'll inevitably walk out feeling amazing. Good luck and let me know if you have any more questions!

(by how much I comment on here, is it surprising how much I loved it? haha)

Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.