2018 ****The Official UNLV Dental Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The interviews themselves were great. 30 min with a dental student and 30 min with a faculty member.

The day itself was fantastic, as well. A talk from Dr. K that was extremely energized, a financial aid talk, lunch with dental students, etc. I think it's very similar to what other interview days are like at other schools, yet UNLV stands out in my mind because of how nice, approachable, and relaxed everyone seemed to be. It didn't have the "high-stake, anxious" feeling that you can potentially get at other schools.

It's a really fun day. You'll inevitably walk out feeling amazing. Good luck and let me know if you have any more questions!

(by how much I comment on here, is it surprising how much I loved it? haha)
Dr. K is literally the best. You guys will love him.

Members don't see this ad.

Invited for an interview today!
Interview date 1/26
App complete 8/25
Undergrad GPA: 3.0
Post-bacc GPA: 3.6
22 AA, 21 TS, 22 PAT
California resident
3+ years at a dental office
This is my fourth time applying and will be my second interview with UNLV.

What happened to all the interview dates pre-Dec? :(

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Interview invite!
Method of notification: E-mail
Residency: KS
AADSAS mail-out date: August 25
GPA (science, overall): 3.84, 3.63
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 18,20,21,19

Interview Date: 01/26

Reactions: 1 user
Hi friends! I got accepted here last cycle and will be attending. I'm happy to answer any of your questions! It's an amazing school
I have an interview here in January and I am so excited about this one! What are the reasons you chose UNLV and why do you think it is a great dental school? Thanks in advance!

So i got an email that a decision has been made. But once i checked grad the decision (rejected) was for fall 2017 and my application for fall 2018 was still under review. Did they just make a mistake and that decision was actually for fall 2018? I am going to call them tom just to make sure.

Interview #4
School: UNLV
Notification date: 11/1
Method of notification: email
Residency: CO
Application complete date: 8/17
GPA (science, overall) 3.80 sGPA/ 3.84 oGPA
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/20/21/20/none

Interview #2
Residency: CA
Application complete date: 8/21
GPA (science, overall): 3.25, 3.41
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/25/21/21/no

@anxious_achiever Do we have the same interview date haha?

Interview #2
Application complete date: 8/21
GPA (science, overall): 3.25, 3.41
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/25/21/21/no

@anxious_achiever Do we have the same interview date haha?
I signed up for February 2, 2018

Anyone interviewing this Friday? Two days ago, I was able to reschedule a February interview to this Friday! Are they really only interviewing ~270 people this cycle? And any quick tips about the interview?

Thanks everyone!

Anyone interviewing this Friday? Two days ago, I was able to reschedule a February interview to this Friday! Are they really only interviewing ~270 people this cycle? And any quick tips about the interview?

Thanks everyone!
Wow, wait. How did you reschedule it?!?!?!

Wow, wait. How did you reschedule it?!?!?!
The date opened up on the scheduling system! So I saw a Nov 17 interview date on the scheduling system and rescheduled mine through the system.

Members don't see this ad :)
The date opened up on the scheduling system! So I saw a Nov 17 interview date on the scheduling system and rescheduled mine through the system.
Were you able to view a different day without canceling your current day or did you have to cancel it first to view available times?

Hi. Does anyone think it's too late to submit my application for this cycle to UNLV? I would love to start in class of 2022 if I have a chance.

How many people does UNLV interview per cycle?

Interview #1
Notification date: 11/21
Application complete date: 8/08
GPA (science, overall): 3.06, 3.24
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/20/19/24/no

Reactions: 1 users
How many people does UNLV interview per cycle?

Here's the data from the ADEA guide for last year's cycle. 412 total interviews.

Screenshot 2017-11-29 at 8.12.12 AM.png

For those of you who interviewed, are your statuses "none" at this time?

Good luck everyone. If it's like last year the portal is going to be updated soon.

Accepted
I got a call from Dr. Ancajas around 9:00 AM MT.
-IN STATE

does it say "offer made" on the ya'lls portal? Mine says "offer made" but no call

. As soon as I saw someone post that they got the "offer made" I checked my portal and saw it. I swear to God I thought I bombed the interview I am still in shock and disbelief. The equation they use only counts for so much... I did terrible in math and reading and still got accepted. Do not give up or lose hope !!!

Portal status changed to “offer made”, but no call or email.

Congrats, you guys are in! When did you guys see the portal change? Trying to figure out if they're all at once or change at different times...

Edit: Did anyone interviewed on Nov. 17 get accepted?

Last edited:
Congrats, you guys are in! When did you guys see the portal change? Trying to figure out if they're all at once or change at different times...

I just went and checked to see if there was a status change about 45 min ago. I dont really know when it was changed.

OMG I JUST CHECKED AND OFFER MADE!!!

Just got the offer! Don't lose hope yet, I have been checking for past 2 hours and portal just changed for me! It is still changing!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Mine just changed to “offer made”!!! Keep watching your portal!

My portal just changed to offer made (within the past 10 minutes probably)!

Congratulations to everyone. Really wanted this one. Aside portal update anyone receive anything? I saw some instate received a call?

So from looks of last year. Everyone got a portal change and received official packet in the mail Dec. 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.