*** The Official UoP School of Dentistry Class of 2022* Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.

artist2022

DDS 🦷🎓✔
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Last year's thread: ***The Official UoP Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Hey everyone! I applied here last cycle and received an interview, and while I chose not to attend it, I'm still available to answer any questions. Auntymarkovnikov is an incoming D1, whereas jbarnett2020 and DMikes are current students!

Good luck everyone!

*PS: Remember that it's a 3 year program, and that's why it's C/O 2022 and not 2023 ;)

Link to interview prep: University of the Pacific Arthur A. Dugoni School of Dentistry Interview Feedback
----> Be sure to give feedback on your interview to help future applicants! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Did anyone get an app complete/ review email? I only got a receipt for my payment.

I received the file processing email June 18th. Then any additional status updates regarding my application and the process will be emailed..

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I received this back in June:
The Office of Admissions will now begin processing your application to verify all documents have been received from AADSAS and admissions requirements have been fulfilled. Once the processing is complete, you will receive an e-mail with your updated status.

I also received an email that my $75 application fee was received.

Is there a separate SUPPLEMENTAL application for Pacific?

I submitted my app on 7/11 but haven't received an email relating to sending the separate $75 application fee. Most of the other schools I am applying to sent an email, but I'm not sure if I'm supposed to send the fee now or wait for an email with a link to the school's payment page. Can someone chip in on their experience? did you send the fee at the same time you e-submitted via aadsas prior to any feedback?

I submitted my app on 7/11 but haven't received an email relating to sending the separate $75 application fee. Most of the other schools I am applying to sent an email, but I'm not sure if I'm supposed to send the fee now or wait for an email with a link to the school's payment page. Can someone chip in on their experience? did you send the fee at the same time you e-submitted via aadsas prior to any feedback?
Looking back to last year's cycle, I submitted my primary on 8/24, and paid my supplemental on 8/26. As I've been looking through my emails, I don't see one that was asking me to pay. I'm not sure why I waited two days, but I think you can just pay it asap. As soon as my application was verified (8/29), I got an email in the morning saying my application was being verified to make sure it was complete, and an hour later I got the "File Under Review" email. These were the first emails I had received from them (besides the fee receipt). Hope this helps!

I sent the fee through their website. Don't wait for the email

I submitted on 7/11, paid the supplement on 7/12, verified on AADSAS on 7/16, and just received the confirmation e-mail earlier today.

Members don't see this ad :)
when did you receive the email?

June 5th: submitted AADSAS app
June 11th: paid UoP fee June
June 18th: email that they received the fee and are processing my application for completeness
July 24th: app is under review

hope this helps!

Good luck everybody! Let me know if you have any questions!

Anyone know around when the first round of interviews get sent out?

Anyone know around when the first round of interviews get sent out?

last year they were sent out the last week of August with interviews starting in September!

Have you received an email that your application is under review yet? The last email I got was July 9th with the subject "File in Process".

last year they were sent out the last week of August with interviews starting in September!

Have you received an email that your application is under review yet? The last email I got was July 9th with the subject "File in Process".
My last email from them said “file under review”

when did you submit your app? and how soon after the "file in process" email did you get the "under review" email?
For me, I submitted on 7/11, paid the supplement on 7/12, received the "file in progress" e-mail on 7/24, got the "app completed and now under review" e-mail the very next day.

For me, I submitted on 7/11, paid the supplement on 7/12, received the "file in progress" e-mail on 7/24, got the "app completed and now under review" e-mail the very next day.

Wow I should definitely call them. It's been 3 weeks since I received the "file in process" email :(
thank you!

Wow I should definitely call them. It's been 3 weeks since I received the "file in process" email :(
thank you!
No problem! It's very possible they might have forgotten to send the e-mail, my friend submitted her app before me but I got the confirmation/under review e-mails before she did. She was actually at the school last week so she dropped by the admissions office and they admitted her app was supposed to have been marked complete already, so they did it right then & there for her! Definitely give them a call, it won't hurt

No problem! It's very possible they might have forgotten to send the e-mail, my friend submitted her app before me but I got the confirmation/under review e-mails before she did. She was actually at the school last week so she dropped by the admissions office and they admitted her app was supposed to have been marked complete already, so they did it right then & there for her! Definitely give them a call, it won't hurt

Right when I was about to call, they actually emailed me that my app is now under review :') talk about perfect timing lol thanks for your help! hopefully my app isn't too delayed

Just got a call with an interview invite for September 20!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 4 users

Congrats!! May I ask when you submitted your app and when you were verified?

Congrats! Did they offer you more than one date, or only Sept 20? I received a message to call them.

I got a call too! Got to choose between the 20th and the 24th...chose the latter!

5th Interview Invite

Residency: HI
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/25/18
Application complete date: 7/20/18
Invite received: 8/30/18
GPA (science, overall): 3.83, 3.80
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 26/25/23/30/none

Congrats. When did they notify they that your application was complete?

6/18 they emailed me saying they were processing my file and then on 7/20 they emailed me again saying it was under review.

Congrats to everyone who got an interview. I was wondering if they send out emails as well as notifying you via phone-call about your interview invite. I am especially worried if they would call during my work hours and I would not be able to answer their call.

Congrats to everyone who got an interview. I was wondering if they send out emails as well as notifying you via phone-call about your interview invite. I am especially worried if they would call during my work hours and I would not be able to answer their call.

When I did not answer my phone, they sent an email asking me to call.

For those that received a "under review" email, did you ever get a "pending review" email before that? I submitted my app and fees in June :(

Can those who have received interviews post their stats?

Received an interview offer today! And just made an SDN account specifically for dental school interviews.:laugh:

Stats:
24 AA / 23 TS / 28 PAT
3.93 GPA
Took DAT July 20, sent in application July 30th

I don't have the most recent ADEA Dental School Guide, anyone know what percent of those interviewed (OOS) get accepted?

Last edited:
Received an interview offer today! And just made an SDN account specifically for dental school interviews.:laugh:

Stats:
24 AA / 23 TS / 28 PAT
3.94 GPA
Applying without a bachelors degree (applied between my Sophomore and Junior year)
Took DAT July 24, sent in application July 30th

I don't have the most recent ADEA Dental School Guide, anyone know what percent of those interviewed (OOS) get accepted?

I got you

Out of 12oo OOS applicants,
76 interviewed, 68 offers made, so ~89% = REALLY HIGH

Stats:
24 AA / 23 TS / 28 PAT
3.94 GPA
Applying without a bachelors degree (applied between my Sophomore and Junior year)
Took DAT July 24, sent in application July 30th

I've read and heard multiple times that the hardest part is to get an interview at UOP. Once you have an interview, you're basically accepted. Congrats on the interview!

Last year's thread: ***The Official UoP Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Hey everyone! I applied here last cycle and received an interview, and while I chose not to attend it, I'm still available to answer any questions. Auntymarkovnikov is an incoming D1, whereas jbarnett2020 and DMikes are current students!

Good luck everyone!

*PS: Remember that it's a 3 year program, and that's why it's C/O 2022 and not 2023 ;)

Link to interview prep: University of the Pacific Arthur A. Dugoni School of Dentistry Interview Feedback
----> Be sure to give feedback on your interview to help future applicants! :)

Does UofP accept community college credits?

I got you

Out of 12oo OOS applicants,
76 interviewed, 68 offers made, so ~89% = REALLY HIGH

Is this information available in the ADEA 2017-2018 Guide?
I'm looking at it right now, and I cannot find the "offers made" column. Or is this information available somewhere else?

Is this information available in the ADEA 2017-2018 Guide?
I'm looking at it right now, and I cannot find the "offers made" column. Or is this information available somewhere else?

its in the book, all the way in the back.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.