*** The Official UoP School of Dentistry Class of 2023* Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

artist2022

DDS 🦷🎓✔
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
No one's made this so here ya go!

Link to last year's thread: *** The Official UoP School of Dentistry Class of 2022* Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Link to interview prep: University of the Pacific Arthur A. Dugoni School of Dentistry Interview Feedback
----> Be sure to give feedback on your interview to help future applicants! :)

Good luck!

*PS: Remember that it's a 3 year program, and that's why it's C/O 2023 and not 2024 ;)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know when interviews will be sent out?

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone heard back from pacific?

Reactions: 4 users
Are they a little late to start this year? Usually invites go out late August for mid September.

Just got the call for an interview invite! So stoked!!

Reactions: 1 user
And first 3 interview dates are 9/16, 9/19, and 10/10

Members don't see this ad :)
They dont send emails? What if we miss the call
I guess they like to call to hear people's reactions. I'm honestly not sure, but I imagine they leave you a voicemail to call back? If you see a San Francisco number calling I'd do whatever you can to answer!

I guess they like to call to hear people's reactions. I'm honestly not sure, but I imagine they leave you a voicemail to call back? If you see a San Francisco number calling I'd do whatever you can to answer!
Congrats on the interview! I was wondering if your status changed on your app?

Congrats on the interview! What is the area code on the number if you don't mind me asking?

Interview invite yesterday
School: University of the Pacific
Notification date: 9/6/19
Method of notification: phone call
Residency: CA
AADSAS mail-out date: 8/14
Application complete date: 8/16
GPA (science, overall): 3.97, 3.97
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 25/26/21/22/no
Dates available OR your interview date: September 16, September 19, October 10

They also have dates going into November.

Hope this helps! Good luck!

Reactions: 5 users
Interview #2
School:
University of the Pacific
Notification date: 9/9/19
Method of notification: Phone Call
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/24
Application complete date: 7/25
GPA (science, overall): 3.55, 3.6
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/22/22/21/none
Dates available OR your interview date: 2 dates in October, 1 in November

Interview Invitation
School:
Residency: UT
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/16
Application complete date: 7/16
GPA (science, overall): 3.3, 3.5
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/any section below a 17): 20/19/22/none
Dates available OR your interview date: Sept 19

My stats seem lower than other people who have received invites, but hopefully it gives everyone hope! Grateful to have a shot!

Reactions: 11 users
Lol a few days late, but here are my stats!

Interview Invitation
School:
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/03
Application complete date: 7/03
GPA (science, overall): 3.51, 3.63
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/any section below a 17): 21/18/22/none
Interview date: Sept 19

Interview Invitation
School:
Notification date: 9/10/19
Application complete date: 7/10
GPA (science, overall): 3.7, 3.6
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/any section below a 17): 21/21/23/none
Dates available OR your interview date: Nov 14

Are there any pre December interviews left? I’m honestly pretty sad and scared I only got 1 interview so far... I have 3.7ogpa and 3.8sgpa 22aa 22ts

Just got the call for an interview invite! So stoked!!
Hey. I got an email saying my application is complete and under active review on 8/5, but I haven't heard back from them since then. Did you answer the phone call when they called or did you let it go to your voice mail?

Yes I answered the call. I saw the San Francisco area code and didn’t want to miss it in the event it was an interview invite!

Does anyone know if their interview is one-on-one or group interview? I just received their call today

Does anyone know if their interview is one-on-one or group interview? I just received their call today

From what I understand, it’s a one on one with a faculty and a one on one with a student, but I’m also wondering this too! the adea page also says “informal group”

From what I understand, it’s a one on one with a faculty and a one on one with a student, but I’m also wondering this too! the adea page also says “informal group”
Oh ok. Thank you. From what I read on their page, it says students would be interviewed by one or more members of the Admissions Committee

Oh ok. Thank you. From what I read on their page, it says students would be interviewed by one or more members of the Admissions Committee
Congrats on your interview! I was curious what dates were availiable?

Hey. Do you know if the interview is open-filed or closed-filed?

The interview is open file. And the informal group part of the interview is open discussion with other interviewees and an admissions or faculty facilitator. Mostly just an opportunity to get to know everyone and ask any questions you want.

Are they done sending pre-December iv invites? Uop is my number one choice but sadly haven't heard anything

Reactions: 3 users
Interview Invitation
School:
Notification date: 11/1/19
Method of notification: E-mail
Residency: International
Application complete date: 8/1
GPA (science, overall): 3.05, 3.16
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/23/22/26/none
Dates available OR your interview date: 12/09 and 12/12

I called admission today, apparently no pre-December interview dates left.

Last edited:
Do they care about family legacy? My brother goes to pharm school at uop but there wasnt a place to write it in the application. I really want to go here but have not received an interview yet

Do they care about family legacy? My brother goes to pharm school at uop but there wasnt a place to write it in the application. I really want to go here but have not received an interview yet

I don't think I've ever read anything related to family legacy at UOP.

I got an interview invite for UofP with the optional dates of Dec 5, 9, 12

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: 2 users
Got invited for an interview today! Available dates were December 9th and 12th.

I got an interview yesterday. I applied to very few schools and I am soo nervous because this is my only interview. Does anyone know if it's still the case that UoP tends to accept most interviewed applicants?

I got an interview yesterday. I applied to very few schools and I am soo nervous because this is my only interview. Does anyone know if it's still the case that UoP tends to accept most interviewed applicants?
they accept 2/3 of the interviewed applicants

Congratulations! Would you mind sharing your stats/state?

Interview Invitation
School:
Notification date: 11/1/19
Method of notification: E-mail
Residency: International
Application complete date: 8/1
GPA (science, overall): 3.05, 3.16
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/23/22/26/none
Dates available OR your interview date: 12/09 and 12/12

I called admission today, apparently no pre-December interview dates left.
Congrats! Do you happen to know if they're just starting to send out invitations to international applicants? I'm international and haven't heard back :(