*** The Official VCU School of Dentistry Class of 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

artist2022

DDS 🦷🎓✔
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
No one's made this so here ya go!

Link to last year's thread: *** The Official VCU School of Dentistry Class of 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Link to interview prep: Virginia Commonwealth University School of Dentistry Interview Feedback
----> Be sure to give feedback on your interview to help future applicants! :)

Good luck!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I turned in my application in late June, and VCU is the only school that says "received/application complete" while all the other schools say "received/under review." Is that the same for everyone else?

Reactions: 1 user
I turned in my application in late June, and VCU is the only school that says "received/application complete" while all the other schools say "received/under review." Is that the same for everyone else?
Yes, mine says the same! I've heard the "Received/Under Review" and "Received/Application Complete" statuses can be dependent upon the school.

Members don't see this ad :)
First interview is tomorrow! Good luck y’all!

Reactions: 1 users
I just had my interview yesterday

Got an interview invite today for September 19! Application sent 7/20 verified 7/24 application complete email 7/25

Last edited:
Interview invite today for Sept 20! Submitted and verified 6/4, OOS.

Pretty sure the first round of interviews were last Thurs/Fri - I had at least 10 friends from my pre-dental club that interviewed then, all in state!

Got an interview invite today for September 19! Application verified 7/20
When did you turn in your application and when was it considered complete? My app was completed on 7/16 and I’m still waiting and I’m also oos

When did you turn in your application and when was it considered complete? My app was completed on 7/16 and I’m still waiting and I’m also oos

Submitted 7/20 verified 7/24 application complete email received 7/25

I received an interview invite today for 9/20 earlier today !

Good luck to everyone, feel free to ask me questions or message me, I’ll always try to answer when I can.

Good luck to everyone, feel free to ask me questions or message me, I’ll always try to answer when I can.
Do you know if VCU gives out the earliest interview dates to their top preference applicants? So far I have an interview at LECOM and will hopefully get one from my state school as well but I have three other schools that I was waiting to turn in the supplemental if VCU hadn't contacted me.

Do you know if VCU gives out the earliest interview dates to their top preference applicants? So far I have an interview at LECOM and will hopefully get one from my state school as well but I have three other schools that I was waiting to turn in the supplemental if VCU hadn't contacted me.
I interviewed at the first date but plenty of my class interviewed later. Remember that there’s a huge shuffle that takes place between school’s favorite applicants and applicants’ favorite schools. This isn’t specifically something to be anxious about haha.

I interviewed at the first date but plenty of my class interviewed later. Remember that there’s a huge shuffle that takes place between school’s favorite applicants and applicants’ favorite schools. This isn’t specifically something to be anxious about haha.
Thanks for the reply. I just use my job to distract me from constantly thinking about schools replying back or not.

Reactions: 3 users
Thanks for the reply. I just use my job to distract me from constantly thinking about schools replying back or not.

I use the internet at my job to check my e-mail every 18 seconds for updates xD. I think that I embody the literal definition of insanity! Isn't it great.

I know in the interview invite they said they would send more info after I completed the supplemental. I got an email with more info after I confirmed my date, but nothing after I submitted the supplemental. Is this the same for anyone else?

Me! I’ve heard the interview will be really chill

Cool! I was getting worried they sent me the wrong interview date since everyone else here said they're interviewing on the 20th. Good luck on the interview!

I have seen videos and read posts about VCU having a 2 days interview in the past. However, my interview invitation-only have information about the Sep 20 interview day and no mention of any other activities scheduled as part of the interview on a different day. Is it just a one day interview now?

I have seen videos and read posts about VCU having a 2 days interview in the past. However, my interview invitation-only have information about the Sep 20 interview day and no mention of any other activities scheduled as part of the interview on a different day. Is it just a one day interview now?
I asked someone who interviewed there for this cycle and yes it is just one day.