The official waiting for May 15th thread!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rachmoninov3

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So just about 30 days left until we start to see major waitlist movement. Good luck to all!

Members don't see this ad.

What are you doing waiting to see if you get off the waitlist before deciding where you are going. It is really hard waiting so long.(housing, roommates,ect). The school I am waiting for will not let me know until mid june

Rachmon, I will make you a deal. If you can send some good vibes my way and get me off of the waitlist at Dartmouth, I in turn will relinquish my UNM acceptance to you....Sound Good??? :) JK!

But best of luck to you with the waitlist movement at UNM. I think it is an awesome school and the price is definitely right. :cool:

Members don't see this ad :)
What are you doing waiting to see if you get off the waitlist before deciding where you are going. It is really hard waiting so long.(housing, roommates,ect). The school I am waiting for will not let me know until mid june

I need to get accepted off a waitlist (at this moment- i am waitlisted at 3 schools )

I need to get accepted off a waitlist (at this moment- i am waitlisted at 3 schools )

I feel your pain. 3 waitlists, no acceptances here, as well... I'm most worried about housing right now... Aside from whether or not I get in at all, of course, lol.

I feel your pain. 3 waitlists, no acceptances here, as well... I'm most worried about housing right now... Aside from whether or not I get in at all, of course, lol.

Explain

*lighting candles and kneeling down* Please pray for us that ZeusMD gets into Dartmouth, and I get off the waitlist at unm...

I feel all your pain... I am here to wait with you guys as well.

*lighting candles and kneeling down* Please pray for us that ZeusMD gets into Dartmouth, and I get off the waitlist at unm...

Don't know if the powers that be heard you...... But you made me laugh. :laugh: :D

Well look at you gunners, all sad with your 3 waitlists...try one waitlist with no acceptances and a severe case of parents who think your a total failure to the family...

...ya jerks.

I know in at least one of the cities I may end up in, the nicer, safer places where students tend to live start filling up this time of year. It would have been best to be on a waitlist (for the apartments) by March if I wanted to get something this summer, but as it is I guess I'll just have to go on luck. I'm sure this isn't the same for every city, or even every area/community in this particular city... Plus I'm a little picky about housing - I want to live alone, and that said, as a female, I want to live somewhere that I can feel very comfortable living alone. I'm sure something will work out, wherever I am, I just tend to get a little impatient about planning these things and worry a little too much...

I am waiting to get off a waitlist as well. I hope May 15th comes fast!

Members don't see this ad :)
Well look at you gunners, all sad with your 3 waitlists...try one waitlist with no acceptances and a severe case of parents who think your a total failure to the family...

...ya jerks.

Same here. My parents usually make some comment alluding to my zero acceptances. :(

Four alternate lists... and still waiting.

just b/c it's 3 wl's doesn't mean it'll increase my chances significantly of getting in...two wl's practically havn't moved in years, and when wl movement does occur, its only for high priority status(which, of course, i'm not in)..and plus, i do have my parents on my back..sucks too since i see 'em everyday, and each day there's some sort of reference as to why im not in med school yet, etc...

I was being unambiguously sarcastic...

Just tossing this thought out there. . . does anyone feel like there is a lot of people on waitlists this year? Or is this typical? I've never gone through this process before, but it seems like there are a lot of people with massive numbers of waitlist notifications, as well as at least one school (BU) that usually has a tiny waitlist and this year seems to have a huge one. Sitting on two waitlists myself, I admit I keep on hoping it's just the same 1000 people holding onto those 17000 seats. But yeah, thoughts?

..ya jerks.

Tell your parents to stick it where the sun don't shine!!!!!
We have enough stress as it is. If they think it is so easy, tell them to take one MCAT.....just one MCAT. And I don't mean just to get a 22L, but studying their @sses off in order to get >30. Then they'll see the inhumanity that is the medical school application process!

Parents, sheesh. They think they know everything! :cool:

as of right now...i am also a failure in my family.
now if i can just get one acceptance and most of my problems will go away.

likewise

I'm currently on 8 waitlists, and I just missed a call from a Restricted Number... I never get restricted #s on my phone... I don't know what to do lol... I wonder if they leave a voicemail... or if it's even too early to be taken off a waitlist... Hmph.

2 WL and waiting to hear one post-interview decision. At least we're all in this together...

It has been a long wait to this point already....only another 3 1/2 weeks or so...I am going nuts.
3 waitlists, waiting on one post-int decision.
Good luck guys and gals

I'm currently on 8 waitlists, and I just missed a call from a Restricted Number... I never get restricted #s on my phone... I don't know what to do lol... I wonder if they leave a voicemail... or if it's even too early to be taken off a waitlist... Hmph.

restricted numbers are almost always exes

hahah! i got 2 calls today from an area code that is the same as my top choice waitlist, but they were wrong numbers. seriously, it was just evil.

i'm on the may 15 bandwagon too, except it will probably be a little later than may 15 before the schools actually contact those on the waitlist who were bumped up..... uuugh.

26 days ;)

bump!

we cant let this thread die like the "official not accepted anywhere" thread

at least i cant find it on the first few pages anyway

May's going to be a big month...

Good luck everybody.

4%20Leaf%20Clover.jpg

I am waiting to get off the waitlist at my top choice school. Just a few more weeks everybody! Good luck!

Not officially waitlisted yet...but have a feeling it's only a matter of time!

Count me in!

6 more days until I find out WHERE I am on the waitlist...(seriously either they didn't rank it until this past week---what a mother of an adcom said, or they just don't want to be bothered and it's already ranked---what another waitlistee said)
The letter said "you can inquire about your place on the alternate list on or after May 1st..." 6 more days, 6 more days...

Good lord..my parents think an organic mech is amazing. Wow..I couldn't imagine this. I'm a first generation college student. They are just proud I'm IN college.

Alicia

Good lord..my parents think an organic mech is amazing. Wow..I couldn't imagine this. I'm a first generation college student. They are just proud I'm IN college.

Alicia

I'm not a first generation college student (though I'm only the second, and my parents were the first and only from each of their families to graduate.) but my parents are the same way. They're (a little overly) proud of the smallest things, and wouldn't care in the least if I didn't end up in medicine, for whatever reason. Dad actually told me today that he isn't sure he wants me to get into med school. (How's that for encouragement, lol.) He's just afraid it's going to result in a really hard life overall... But I know they'll support me fully either way. :)

I can't image having pressure from my parents about this, on top of the pressue I put on myself. For those of you who do, just try to remember that not getting in the first time, or even the second or third, is NOT a failure. Just a temporary setback that lots of people go through!

Hey guju,

I'm assuming based on ur name ur an indian applicant like myself. I'm in exactly the same position with three waitlists and no acceptances. I don't feel it's too bad of a position. Chances are we'll get off one of them. Can't wait till the end of this month to find out for sure though.

you'll get one guju, i think wayne state will come through for you

Question--- if all waitlists are ranked, then what is the point of writing letters to the dean and such to try and improve you chances of getting off the list? Don't they just go in order from the top of the list no matter what?

Question--- if all waitlists are ranked, then what is the point of writing letters to the dean and such to try and improve you chances of getting off the list? Don't they just go in order from the top of the list no matter what?

Not all waitlists are ranked (or so some of the schools claim).

Good luck guys.

I feel for those with family pressure. I'm a bit opposite. My parents really didn't want me to get in and I've got all this family pressure to be the perfect mom/wife (and not let the fact that I'm a med student affect this).

Aside from some waitlists not being ranked, I imagine one factor included in the ranking is the likelihood that the person will attend if taken off the waitlist. I used to be involved in a hiring process that involved waitlists, and the strength of the candidate's interest in the job was definitely a factor we took into consideration when deciding who to pull from the list.

Maybe they'll bump you up a couple spots???? Sometimes they don't finalize/rank the waitlists till the last minute. One school I interviewed at, and am still awaiting a decision from, doesn't rank their waitlist UNTIL may 15th. I'm writing a letter tonight to the director of admissions because it can't hurt anything.

4 Waitlists and waiting to hear on one interview. This waitlist game stinks. They say they don't rank, but if they didn't, how would they decide who to accept?
Oh well - I guess we'll keep waiting - together.

4 Waitlists and waiting to hear on one interview. This waitlist game stinks. They say they don't rank, but if they didn't, how would they decide who to accept?

Some claim its random. The dean just points at a name and calls.

you guys, its may 4th..11days til the 15th, and i guess about 15-20 days til we hear about some signficant movement:scared: :scared: :scared: :scared:do you think it is too late to send a second LOI?

you guys, its may 4th..11days til the 15th, and i guess about 15-20 days til we hear about some signficant movement:scared: :scared: :scared: :scared:do you think it is too late to send a second LOI?

It certainly can't hurt. My philosophy on life: it's never to late :luck:

It certainly can't hurt. My philosophy on life: it's never to late :luck:

At worst, you'll get a polite reply thanking you for your continued interest in the school and informing you probably still won't get in!

Not that I have any personal experience or anything...yeah.

Still hoping all 20 ppl in front of me get accepted into stanford/harvard, etc. and not go! :laugh:

Still debating and checking out last details, but most likely will be withdrawing from SUNY Upstate MD/PhD, Wayne State MD/PhD, Oklahoma (MD) within the next week.

I just sent one this morning :D