***The Official WesternU Class of 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

SmilesForYoo

Dentist
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Last year's thread: ***The Official WesternU Class of 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Hey everyone! WesternU is a community filled with professional, resilient, and dedicated dental students! I personally am involved with pre-dental outreach and advocacy! If there's anything that I could do to make your application cycle go smoother, please let me know!

Good luck everyone!

Link to interview prep: Western University of Health Sciences College of Dental Medicine Interview Feedback
----> Be sure to give feedback on your interview to help future applicants! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
When are likely interview invites to be sent out?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I got a C- in general chemistry II and Otha is chemistry II. They just emailed me to re-take those classes since the school accepts only C or above.
I am a Masters in biology student with a High/string GPA. I also have a 22 on my organic DAT portion. I don’t think it’s fair of the school to ask me to re-take those classes.
I could be wrong but that’s how I feel..

The requirements for most dental schools are C or above anyways. That's just the requirements they have to be met, and schools usually don't make exceptions to that rule.

The requirements for most dental schools are C or above anyways. That's just the requirements they have to be met, and schools usually don't make exceptions to that rule.
True, but I also have a very strong GPA in Masters in Biological Sciences where I scored As in classes like Biochemistry II, etc. so I was kind of hoping they'll look at everything holistically.

I got a C- in general chemistry II and Otha is chemistry II. They just emailed me to re-take those classes since the school accepts only C or above.
I am a Masters in biology student with a High/string GPA. I also have a 22 on my organic DAT portion. I don’t think it’s fair of the school to ask me to re-take those classes.
I could be wrong but that’s how I feel..

You have to retake that. No exceptions. All dental schools require at least a C for prerequisites. Life isn't fair. Deal with it

I got an email today saying everything is received and that the committee will start reviewing my app!

Just wondering how come Western doesn't have a section to input pre-requisite courses? Just psyching myself out if I missed it cuz I didn't see it on AADSAS nor their own secondary app. Thanks!

Just wondering how come Western doesn't have a section to input pre-requisite courses? Just psyching myself out if I missed it cuz I didn't see it on AADSAS nor their own secondary app. Thanks!
It’s been a while but from what I can recall they make you fill out a form for the prerequisites. It should be available for download on the secondary application iirc

In completing the Western Supplemental, do you need to provide letters of recommendation that are separate from the letters uploaded to AADSAS?? I have everything else verified on their checklist, having assumed that the AADSAS letters would suffice.

Got an email this morning saying that my app is complete and that it has been sent to the Admissions Committee. Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
In completing the Western Supplemental, do you need to provide letters of recommendation that are separate from the letters uploaded to AADSAS?? I have everything else verified on their checklist, having assumed that the AADSAS letters would suffice.
From what I can remember the letters you upload to AADSAS should suffice

working through the supplemental application, I was wondering if I should write about "why you are applying to the Western University of Health Sciences College of Dental Medicine specifically"?

working through the supplemental application, I was wondering if I should write about "why you are applying to the Western University of Health Sciences College of Dental Medicine specifically"?

Well, would you rather interview an applicant that took the time to research and write specifically about the school they’ve applied to or someone who hasn’t? :)

Probably not a deal breaker but definitely write all “optional” parts that are offered for schools.

Reactions: 2 users
I submitted my AADSAS application 2 days before I submitted the WesternU secondary but my checklist only has the fee and secondary app received. Did it take a while for the AADSAS app to change from awaiting to received for yall?

I submitted my AADSAS application 2 days before I submitted the WesternU secondary but my checklist only has the fee and secondary app received. Did it take a while for the AADSAS app to change from awaiting to received for yall?
Mine says none on aadsas but on the Western portal everything has been received.

did anyone else get an email stating that their app was missing requirements even though they are fulfilled and listed?

I called and they said my application is complete. But, I never got an email or the status hasn’t changed an AASDAS either.

Hello,

Just some insight on the application. I have heard from good sources that you should write all "optional" parts of the application. Especially the "Why WesternU?" portion. Hope this helps!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
/when did they send out supplementals to people?

They never asked, I think you’re just suppose to go on the website and fill out your supplemental when you turn in the AADSAS.

When did they ask you for a supplemental?
You complete the secondary application on Western's website. At the end of the application it will ask for the secondary fee as well.

You complete the secondary application on Western's website. At the end of the application it will ask for the secondary fee as well.
Okay, that’s what I thought but my supplemental never asked why I thought Western would be a good fit, that’s why I’m confused. I saw an above comment saying they got asked that.

That’s what I thought too, but apparently they require you to take both the labs.

Were you guys required to take Organic Chemistry 2 Lab? I took Ochem I class which is 3 credits, Ochem I lab which is 2 credits and Ochem II lab which is 3 credits. I thought that as long as we had the 8 credits that should be fine.
My school didn’t even offer ochem 2 lab, just one overall ochem lab

Did you talk to them? I talked to them, and they told me that I have to take it in order for them to process my application.

I haven’t talked to them about anything besides my app saying it’s missing 4 credit hours (I had 86 hours at time of application) but they said it wouldn’t affect the process and that my app would still go through.

Were you guys required to take Organic Chemistry 2 Lab? I took Ochem I class which is 3 credits, Ochem I lab which is 2 credits and Ochem II lab which is 3 credits. I thought that as long as we had the 8 credits that should be fine.

As long as you take one year of ochem with lab, you should be fine.

I would like to know what is the interview style format for Western UCDM?

For those curious, they didn’t email the interview invite, you have to log into your western application on their website and it should tell you there

Type western university in your email search box. Then click on the secondary application email and you will see “check application status” link

Type western university in your email search box. Then click on the secondary application email and you will see “check application status” link
/
did it say on the main page u got invited?

I just checked the portal and under the checklist it says that they are still awaiting for a class that I have yet to take. I put that class as one of my planned courses in my application so I am confused. Anyone else experiencing the same thing and should I be worried?

I just checked the portal and under the checklist it says that they are still awaiting for a class that I have yet to take. I put that class as one of my planned courses in my application so I am confused. Anyone else experiencing the same thing and should I be worried?
Nope don’t be worried. I got an interview invite today and it also says it’s awaiting a class for me too (that I’m gonna take next quarter). It won’t hinder your application.