*** The Official WesternU College of Dental Medicine Class of 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.

artist2022

DDS 🦷🎓✔
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Last year's thread: ***The Official WesternU Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Hey everyone! I applied here last cycle and was accepted. While I will not be attending, I'm still available to answer any questions, alongside I-hate-alginate, who is attending!

Good luck everyone!

Link to interview prep: Western University of Health Sciences College of Dental Medicine Interview Feedback
----> Be sure to give feedback on your interview to help future applicants! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Hey, what was the class profile of the entering class? DAT/GPA average

Going to attend the DMD program this coming August!
If anyone need help with interview lmk! I do mock interviews!

Good luck and stay patient!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Not sure if anyone can answer for me. On my app portal it said that my app was sent to admissions and was under review. That sentence is no longer on my app. I didn't see anything in last years thread and wasn't sure if this as a good or bad sign. I know Western is pretty late in getting around to interviews and such so I am not expecting anything from them yet, just wasn't sure what that meant.... Being patient is sooooo hard.

Not sure if anyone can answer for me. On my app portal it said that my app was sent to admissions and was under review. That sentence is no longer on my app. I didn't see anything in last years thread and wasn't sure if this as a good or bad sign. I know Western is pretty late in getting around to interviews and such so I am not expecting anything from them yet, just wasn't sure what that meant.... Being patient is sooooo hard.
If there are updates on the portal, I'm sure you'd have received an email too. As long as you have the email, you're fine. If you didn't get an email, then it just might've been a blip on the portal. It's too early to tell what anything means. Don't worry :) just sit tight and you'll hear from them probably mid July or so.

Reactions: 1 user
Where on the portal did you see that status? I’ve been checking periodically but the only thing I see is that all my materials have been recieved.

Where on the portal did you see that status? I’ve been checking periodically but the only thing I see is that all my materials have been recieved.
It was under the sentence that talked about use this reference number if you have questions.

It said something along the lines that your materials have been sent to admissions for review.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

It was under the sentence that talked about use this reference number if you have questions.

It said something along the lines that your materials have been sent to admissions for review.

Oh I see, thanks. I haven’t had any status show up there yet. Did you get an email that your app was under review?

Oh I see, thanks. I haven’t had any status show up there yet. Did you get an email that your app was under review?
No never got an email, so I'm guessing it was just a glitch.

No never got an email, so I'm guessing it was just a glitch.

Oh yeah maybe so. Well based off last year’s thread we have quite a while before invites are sent but if anything changes for me I’ll be sure to post!

Hey Bingwen,
I’ve been emailing back and forth with them for about a week and yesterday I asked if I would receive an email once I was under review. I was told this morning that my app is currently being reviewed and I should have recieved an email, but I didn’t. I still don’t have any status on the portal either but your app very well may be under review also, I’m just not sure why we didn’t get emails but I let them know I never recieved one! Will update if I hear anything new.

Hey Bingwen,
I’ve been emailing back and forth with them for about a week and yesterday I asked if I would receive an email once I was under review. I was told this morning that my app is currently being reviewed and I should have recieved an email, but I didn’t. I still don’t have any status on the portal either but your app very well may be under review also, I’m just not sure why we didn’t get emails but I let them know I never recieved one! Will update if I hear anything new.
Awesome!!! Thanks so much for checking on that.

Hey Bingwen,
I gave them a call this afternoon and Sarah told me that my app was being reviewed by the admission committee and the next thing that I will probably hear from them is if I get an interview or if I am an immediate no. She said that it would be quite a while yet before those get sent out. So now we wait.... haha

Members don't see this ad :)
I gave them a call this afternoon and Sarah told me that my app was being reviewed by the admission committee and the next thing that I will probably hear from them is if I get an interview or if I am an immediate no. She said that it would be quite a while yet before those get sent out. So now we wait.... haha
Thanks, that’s good to know! Yeah after looking at last year’s thread I realized I should be prepared to wait a while lol best of luck!!

Thanks, that’s good to know! Yeah after looking at last year’s thread I realized I should be prepared to wait a while lol best of luck!!
Yeah, a long wait it seems. Good luck to you as well!!

third time applying

20 aa
22 sciences
16 math
20 pat
3.3 science gpa
3.5 general gpa

any thoughts?

third time applying

20 aa
22 sciences
16 math
20 pat
3.3 science gpa
3.5 general gpa

any thoughts?
Should be good enough as long as you have a solid app overall (good rec letters, experience, etc)

Any Updates guys? What's the school's timeline?

Last edited:
Does anyone receive an email states that the application is completed? They don’t state on the status page, but I got all checked.

Does anyone receive an email states that the application is completed? They don’t state on the status page, but I got all checked.
Mine says it’s been sent to admissions committee for processing, but i have all checks next to the requirements. So I’m in the same boat.

Mine says it’s been sent to admissions committee for processing, but i have all checks next to the requirements. So I’m in the same boat.
Mine didn’t say it’s been sent to admissions committee for processing tho. Should I call in and check because everything was submitted before 6/29.

Mine didn’t say it’s been sent to admissions committee for processing tho. Should I call in and check because everything was submitted before 6/29.
I never got an email stating this. It just says that in my portal.

Do they email you and tell you that you need to send the secondary application or are you just supposed to send that in after you apply through the online portal?

Do they email you and tell you that you need to send the secondary application or are you just supposed to send that in after you apply through the online portal?
You’re just supposed to do it i believe.

I submitted my secondary app a while back but I just realized they're waiting on my physics grades. Status is "awaiting" for both physics courses on the application checklist. Was I supposed to have 'em finished before applying? I'm so confused. On their website it says all prerequisites "must be completed by the spring term prior to matriculation." I'll be done with physics this spring and I reported that in the AADSAS application!

What should I do? Did this already ruin my chances of receiving an interview invite?

I submitted my secondary app a while back but I just realized they're waiting on my physics grades. Status is "awaiting" for both physics courses on the application checklist. Was I supposed to have 'em finished before applying? I'm so confused. On their website it says all prerequisites "must be completed by the spring term prior to matriculation." I'll be done with physics this spring and I reported that in the AADSAS application!

What should I do? Did this already ruin my chances of receiving an interview invite?

Hey! I'm literally in the exact same boat as you! I will be retaking 2 physics courses (course equivalent to 1 physics course at my undergrad) this upcoming winter and spring. I e-mailed my admissions counselor since I also have that "awaiting" status next to my in-planned courses, and she said that it's totally fine and if I'm offered admission, they will request a grade update and date when it will be completed. My application is currently under review. I'm assuming you should be totally fine too. Any in-progress/planned pre-reqs just need to be completed before the first day of school, hence "prior to matriculation". Hope this helps! :)

Hey! I'm literally in the exact same boat as you! I will be retaking 2 physics courses (course equivalent to 1 physics course at my undergrad) this upcoming winter and spring. I e-mailed my admissions counselor since I also have that "awaiting" status next to my in-planned courses, and she said that it's totally fine and if I'm offered admission, they will request a grade update and date when it will be completed. My application is currently under review. I'm assuming you should be totally fine too. Any in-progress/planned pre-reqs just need to be completed before the first day of school, hence "prior to matriculation". Hope this helps! :)
Oh, okay. What a relief! Thanks so much for sharing. Good luck, and hope you land an interview soon!

Nope, got a notification that they received everything and sent to admissions.

I contacted them last week concerning the status of my application, and they said it was under review, and that they wouldn't start interviewing until early-mid September most likely. Thus, I am assuming we should hear something in late August.

Interview #6
AADSAS Submit date 6/5
Western Secondary app complete email 6/21
GPA (s/o) : 3.70/3.70
DAT (AA, TS, BIO, GC, OC, RC, QR, PAT): 25, 23, 22, 28, 22, 22, 30, 23
Haven't scheduled yet

Are interview invites on the portal or do they email you directly?

They emailed me directly, haven't checked the portal yet.

@Daisycake What days are you interviewing? I see UCSF and CWRU which I have too! It'd be fun to meet up if it aligns

Yes! I'm thinking on Oct 6, thats the earliest slot I see for Western. That would be awesome! When's your UCSF and CWRU?

I see that too but my fiance wants to take engagement pics on the 7th so she said no to that date haha. I'm waiting for the school to open and I'll see if they add more

UCSF Oct 5th
CWRU Sep 18th

Also,
BU Sep 17th
Touro Oct 31
Midwestern Oct 2

Any of those the same for you?

Haha yeah true there's sadly only 2 dates so far :(

UCSF Sept 28
CWRU is undecided lol, it's scheduled on the same day as UCSF, so have to switch.
Midwestern too! Sept 13

4th INTERVIEW!
I chose October 6th, really wish I could choose a Friday to see the PCC!
Planning on staying till Sunday to explore Cali, heard they got some sights!

Did your status ever change in your portal?
All my required items are checked off and the date submitted is 7/23
My status still just states: "Submitted"

Should I worry about not receiving an email from them yet?
Thanks for any help (or if anyone else can give me some input)!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.