The official "What not to do now that you got an acceptance thread!" i.e. D.U.I.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

axlaxl1

Ram Ventilation
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
From what I heard, don't get below a C and don't get a D.U.I.. Obviously don't kill anyone, have to wait until you have insurance first. :lol: that is a good one. But seriously anything else people might want to consider now they have obtained their dreams.

From the D.U.I. perspective. I even went out last night, my b-day, and I just closed the drinks down early. Seemed like the appropriate thing to do. WYO?

Members don't see this ad.

From what I heard, don't get below a C and don't get a D.U.I.. Obviously don't kill anyone, have to wait until you have insurance first. :lol: that is a good one. But seriously anything else people might want to consider now they have obtained their dreams.

From the D.U.I. perspective. I even went out last night, my b-day, and I just closed the drinks down early. Seemed like the appropriate thing to do. WYO?

I had to look up the acronym WYO.

you can't laugh at your own far from hilarious "jokes"

Members don't see this ad :)
Obviously don't kill anyone, have to wait until you have insurance first. :lol: that is a good one.

Love it when people complement their own jokes....I'm with ya blargh

Uhhh I think you shouldn't DUI anytime.

Dont develop ADD, It sucks when you are trying to study!!!

Uhhh I think you shouldn't DUI anytime.

I totally agree. But now, don't you think it is more on the surface now. I dunno I always believe I am ok to go home or leave somewhere. I always stop a bit early I guess now it is just pronounced a little bit.

Drunk Drivers should be locked up and left on an isolated island until the end of existence.

Members don't see this ad :)
Drunk Drivers should be locked up and left on an isolated island until the end of existence.

Personally I believe people drink to much in the first place. The fact is if every car were pulled over I think 75% of America would be given a D.U.I.

Personally I believe people drink to much in the first place. The fact is if every car were pulled over I think 75% of America would be given a D.U.I.

personally i believe that everyone should have their own b.a.c. number on their license...i probably drive better at .10 than some people do sober anyway...

personally i believe that everyone should have their own b.a.c. number on their license...i probably drive better at .10 than some people do sober anyway...

whoa

Love it when people complement their own jokes....I'm with ya blargh

Sigh... Why would he be complementing his own joke? Take a second or two to think before you make an assumption. I'll take you through the step by step process.

1. The OP says "Obviously don't kill anyone, have to wait until you have insurance first." Obviously, this is a joke. Whether it is his own joke or not is UNKNOWN.

a. Either he/she complemented his/her own joke and wants to look like a self righteous punk or

b. He/She's just stating how the joke made him or her chuckle a little. I thought it was funny.

These are the only two options that come to mind.

2. The OP is conscious enough to be able to register for an account, meaning he or she can use e-mail and knows how to read instructions. This leads us to believe that the OP is conscious enough to negate 1a's option. Therefore leaving me with the choice 1b.

Come on people, people that would assume 1a are just deprived individuals who compensate for what they lack by means of attacking others.

And it's ok for people to laugh at their own jokes if they are actually funny. Give it a break. Stand up comedians do it all the time, not everyone in the world is Stephen Colbert, and even Colbert let's himself go.

My lord! It was a sarcastic remark not made with any sincerity! People need to take a breather every once in a while and not take everything so personally on here.

My lord! It was a sarcastic remark not made with any sincerity! People need to take a breather every once in a while and not take everything so personally on here.

Hahaha, I've been watching Death Note recently, it's a good series.

This is totally unrelated, but I must ask you... where did you come up with your name? Please tell me you are a GNR fan and your name derives from Axl Rose.

Sigh... Why would he be complementing his own joke? Take a second or two to think before you make an assumption. I'll take you through the step by step process.

1. The OP says "Obviously don't kill anyone, have to wait until you have insurance first." Obviously, this is a joke. Whether it is his own joke or not is UNKNOWN.

a. Either he/she complemented his/her own joke and wants to look like a self righteous punk or

b. He/She's just stating how the joke made him or her chuckle a little. I thought it was funny.

2. The OP is conscious enough to be able to register for an account, meaning he or she can use e-mail and knows how to read instructions. This leads us to believe that the OP is conscious enough to negate 1a's option. Therefore leaving me with the choice 1b.

Come on people, people that would assume 1a are just deprived individuals who compensate for what they lack by means of attacking others.

And it's ok for people to laugh at their own jokes if they are actually funny. Give it a break. Stand up comedians do it all the time, not everyone in the world is Stephen Colbert, and even Colbert let's himself go.

LOL, what is funny is that when i typed in : l o l : I really was chuckling to myself. I mean, who can not think the comment I made, especially as a pre-med (accepted), isn't just a little bit funny.

But Sowaifo you are correct. I don't understand at all why people read a thread topic, come in the door, and then just trash it with offering nothing regarding the thread's original post. Is the term Troll? I dunno.

I actually think the question has merit. I mean wouldn't it suck to have an acceptance taken away for something you could have just come to SDN and figured out for yourself? Again, :lol: OK yea that one really wasn't all that funny. But I feel like it would really bother someone if I admittedly acted more like choice 1a, lol.

Cheers

wow, talk about overreacting. looks like someone needs new batteries in his sarcasm detector.

Don't do what the guy who got accepted by Duke did.

It was discussed here a while ago, and I asked about it at my Duke interview... An individual became horrendously drunk at a re-visit, and in front of current students, he became extremely racist and sexist. His acceptance was revoked.

It was discussed here a while ago, and I asked about it at my Duke interview... An individual became horrendously drunk at a re-visit, and in front of current students, he became extremely racist and sexist. His acceptance was revoked.

Well, I am not worried about that because I am not like that in the first place. Wow, what was he thinking? Some people really are pompus.

wow, talk about overreacting. looks like someone needs new batteries in his sarcasm detector.

Ooh, a sarcasm detector! That's useful!

If you think "Far from hilarious" is supposed to be sarcastically funny, then you have a very unique sense of humor. But ok I guess.

Ooh, a sarcasm detector! That's useful!

If you think "Far from hilarious" is supposed to be sarcastically funny, then you have a very unique sense of humor. But ok I guess.

it is funny when people get ripped for being an :beat:and then try to do the "oh I was just joking bit. :lol: that is hilarious too.

Back to the theme of the thread... watch your drug use (if you're into that) since some schools require drug tests at/before orientation... (just to change the subject a bit)

Back to the theme of the thread... watch your drug use (if you're into that) since some schools require drug tests at/before orientation... (just to change the subject a bit)

really what schools?

actually, he pretty much spoke nothing but the truth. i mean, he was literally a millionaire!

I used to love when he forced people to work the phrase "to the tune of" into their questions.

Also, Dr. Drew is a passionate, passionate man.

:thumbup: to loveline.

Caller: My girlfriend is using a nasal spray that really dries her out when we have sex. What can I do about that?
Adam: Wait, wait, wait. Exactly how big is her nostril?

Favorite moment ever. I think the show stopped for ~5 min while everyone tried to stop laughing. *sigh* Why don't they bring that show back? It's not like Adam's doing anything now...