The Official: What Schools are You Ditching this Week Thread?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
M

moops

Let's see em' kiddos.

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by moops
Let's see em' kiddos.

UCLA, Hopkins, USC

before this week: Yale, WashU, UCSD

Gluck to everyone on waitlists!

I wish I knew the answer to that question! Still, after months of thinking about it I can not decide where I want to go next year. I'm down to two choices and either one would be great but I just can't finally pick one over the other. I could go to Harvard and be in debt about $200,000 or I could go to the University of Michigan and have my tuition fully paid. I know, most people want to roll their eyes at such good fortune but it is making me crazy! If anyone has anything constructive to say I would really appreciate it. Good Luck to everyone.

Members don't see this ad :)
For MD spots: Pitt and UMich. I dumped Baylor last week. Though, I still want to see what Pitt and UMich are willing to offer a white male (me) from a disadvantged/poverty level family with very low EFC. That's why I haven't withdrawn yet.

Unofficially, UMich told me that I would get 12000 in scholarship. That's 160k in debt by graduation. If that's their official offer as well, there's no way.

thinking that usc will be getting my high heeled boot this week,
love the school, hate the debt:(

Case just received my letter today. Ditched Michigan St, Howard, Morehouse acceptances, and removed myself from the following waitlists:
Mayo, Wash U, U Pitt, UCSD
Hope this helps.

just dropped Howard also. where are you going cbpremed?

withdrew from harvard, ucsf, yale, and penn
Go Cornell!!!

thanks alphabeta, there goes my chances of getting into cornell off the waitlist. I think you should go to harvard. Just kidding, good luck at cornell.

Wouldn't it be cool if you could scalp acceptances like concert tix. Like stand outside on orientation day and hold up your spot in the class and then everyone who wants it could haggle. Ok- maybe that isn't that cool.

anyone know anything about NYU? Dumping it so fullofhope and I can go there? Columbia? Anyone? I wanna go to school in NYC!!

Originally posted by jmwalker
Wouldn't it be cool if you could scalp acceptances like concert tix.

it makes sense, to earn back all the $$ you spent to get them.

Originally posted by pre-med undercover
I wish I knew the answer to that question! Still, after months of thinking about it I can not decide where I want to go next year. I'm down to two choices and either one would be great but I just can't finally pick one over the other. I could go to Harvard and be in debt about $200,000 or I could go to the University of Michigan and have my tuition fully paid. I know, most people want to roll their eyes at such good fortune but it is making me crazy! If anyone has anything constructive to say I would really appreciate it. Good Luck to everyone.
Free at at #8 School and $200,000 at a #1 school. The choice seems clear to me. Choose Michigan. It is a great school, it is top 10, and it is FREE.

There is no reason for you to choose Harvard over Michigan.

Originally posted by JBJ
Free at at #8 School and $200,000 at a #1 school. The choice seems clear to me. Choose Michigan. It is a great school, it is top 10, and it is FREE.

There is no reason for you to choose Harvard over Michigan.

yellowyes.gif

Members don't see this ad :)
I withdrew from Hopkins.

Withdrew from Tulane, MSU CHM, Wayne, and Loyola. I would also like to know about NYU, I am really hoping to get off that list. But, for now, G-town it is!!

Originally posted by carrigallen

hey - yeah

for what? (not that i'm not happy, but why?)

I'm going to Columbia, I just have a feeling that I'll be happier there. They are both great schools, it was a very tough decision.

anyone know anything about NYU? Dumping it so fullofhope and I can go there? Columbia? Anyone? I wanna go to school in NYC!!

You know it Jmwalker... NYU needs us, they just dont know yet... but we'll take the city by storm, you wait and see.

:D

saying goodbye to mayo and the scholarship. sniff.

Hopie-

We will rock orientation week in the city! I will be the out-going one and you will be the mysterious one. wonderful...

Hopie-

We will rock orientation week in the city! I will be the out-going one and you will be the mysterious one. wonderful...

they wont know what hit'em

Wouldn't it be cool if you could scalp acceptances like concert tix.

Originally posted by MedguyNYC
just dropped Howard also. where are you going cbpremed?
Looks like Davis, but I wish I could get into UCSF off high priority, or UCLA so I can stay home with my family and my man. :(

Not to pressure anyone, but UCSF is a pretty bad school. I think as many as you as possible should just ditch it, and go elsewhere.

;)

I just dropped my USC withdrawal letter in the mail...GAWD that was painful:(

goodbye mayo, cornell, and pitt. Hello Duke!

what pictures next to people's buddy name are actually them?

This is actually me. I'm wearing a giant sombrero and holding a plush alien face in front of my own, but yep, folks, they let me into med school anyway ... :laugh:

Originally posted by mattie113
saying goodbye to mayo and the scholarship. sniff.

That's good news to me!!

Did Mayo take you off the waitlist? If so... please please please tell me how they let you know.

Ditching: Yale, UCLA, UVA, Tufts, UVM, Mizzou, Georgetown

Hello Pittsburgh!!

going to USC.

let go of Temple, Albert Einstein, CWRU, Northwestern, SLU, and Tufts. good luck to everyone with their schools.

Withrew from Cornell (and Sinai for the second time -- apparently AMCAS was never notified).

Best of luck to those still waiting to hear -- hope this helps.

letting go of UCI sometime today.

Adios to SLU and U. of Miami. Thanks fellas...

And to all y'all pondering UCLA, UCI, OHSU, and Cornell...drop them all...You don't wanna go to any of those places, right? ;)

Dropped Emory. Grading sucks.

gave up MU today.. tough decision, but had to make a decision.

oh, also- 15th is when we have to inform the schoosl right? i called amcas and they still had me down for 2 acceptances..

just got into BU, dropping SLU...hope that helps some waitlisters!

I will be dropping Tulane, which I really love but I just got off the waitlist at P&S. I hope that someone on the waitlist who is as psyched as I am for getting off my waitlist takes my spot :)

I gave up my spot at the University of South Florida today. Going to Wake Forest!

michigan state

tufts class of 2007!

dropping Creighton... byebye Omaha