The *OFFICIAL* Who do you want to see get into med school most thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UCSBMed1

SoCal Hater
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay guys and gals. I'm tired of studying for midterms, so I came up with this idea.

Who do you want to see make it into med school the most, out of those SDNers who haven't gotten in this year yet?

Start with one person, then you can nominate more at a later time.

I'll start. I nominate Nefartari. She has been so thoughtful, kind, and patient with me throughout this whole process. She's answered my questions about schools, and she's just a nice girl. If anyone deserves to get into med school this year, she's one of them. I'm rootin' for ya Nefartari, you can do it! :D

Members don't see this ad.

Lola

She is really grand.

Lola too! How can I forget about our favorite Bovine member? :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I nominate Indianboy.

Hope that Helps

P 'I nominate Indianboy' ShankOut

I was like, "Geez . . . another frigging OFFICIAL thread . . . ", then saw my name! :) Thanks, UCSB! I'm rooting for ya too to get into your beloved school. Really admire your tenacity and cute jumpiness @ the board.

Of course, I would love to see all the non-trads get in, esp. folks such as lola and buglady. We're not going to have much more time to reapply, so this whole process is more urgent for us, esp. the ladies since our biological clock is ticking.

There've been tons of obstacles for me, being 30 now. First, a discouraging advisor who basically said "Don't apply" since I'm Asian and among the overrepresented, financial difficulties since college, 3 rounds of the mcat, and then having to apply with aug. scores. I've heard nothing from nearly 20 of the private schools I applied to, and so far have 3 interviews @ the UC's, but that's what I'm hanging onto right now. Hoping everyday that I won't have to reapply.

I'm also rooting for all the SDN proletariats--anybody who doesn't have the luxury of choosing between Harvard and Yale, or the like (no flames, please). ;)

Originally posted by Nefertari

Of course, I would love to see all the non-trads get in, esp. folks such as lola and buglady. We're not going to have much more time to reapply, so this whole process is more urgent for us, esp. the ladies since our biological clock is ticking.

:( I know what you mean. Glad to know I'm not the only one. ::sigh:: still waiting........

EDIT: I nominate Medical123. We can all learn a lot from her about having tenacity and never giving up.

Well my vote goes to:

LOLA, LOLA, LOLA
and
TWEETIE_BIRD (sorry I am assuming you haven't gotten in yet, I remember you got an invite at univ of wash - correct me if i am wrong about this)

Good luck everyone

X

Originally posted by Tweetie_bird
:( I know what you mean. Glad to know I'm not the only one. ::sigh:: still waiting........

EDIT: I nominate Medical123. We can all learn a lot from her about having tenacity and never giving up.
Definitely you too, Tweetie! You seem so youthful, I forget that you're also non-trad. What have you been up to? How was your UWash interview? Did you nail that panel of interviewers? :D

i wish we can take acceptances from the "first post, i'm in" people and give them to people here like lola and tweetie and nefartari.

Originally posted by Street Philosopher
i wish we can take acceptances from the "first post, i'm in" people and give them to people here like lola and tweetie and nefartari.
Aww, that's sweet! Thanks, SP!
Any volunteers from the "I'm in" Newbies? :D

Ramoray, because he works soo hard and he gives 100% to everything he does! I want to see him in med school for next year!!

EDIT: I nominate Medical123. We can all learn a lot from her about having tenacity and never giving up. [/B][/QUOTE]

Awwww.....thanks, Tweetie!:)

I nominate:

Tweetie
Perseverant 1
Lola
Ramoray

.....oooops! I just broke the one person rule:rolleyes: ! Heck! Just let all of the unaccepted SDNer's in!

Originally posted by Tweetie_bird

C'mon now! You know you got my vote ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
Indianboy
thumbsup.gif

he's probably in medschool already

Another vote for buglady. Vermont! Vermont! This week!

My votes go to Tweetie and Lola...I don't post too often but they always seem to have something encouraging to say to others. Good luck to all, I wish everyone could get an acceptance or two!:)

Originally posted by Nefertari
I was like, "Geez . . . another frigging OFFICIAL thread . . . ", then saw my name! :) Thanks, UCSB! I'm rooting for ya too to get into your beloved school. Really admire your tenacity and cute jumpiness @ the board.

There've been tons of obstacles for me, being 30 now. First, a discouraging advisor who basically said "Don't apply" since I'm Asian and among the overrepresented, financial difficulties since college, 3 rounds of the mcat, and then having to apply with aug. scores. I've heard nothing from nearly 20 of the private schools I applied to, and so far have 3 interviews @ the UC's, but that's what I'm hanging onto right now. Hoping everyday that I won't have to reapply.

I'm also rooting for all the SDN proletariats--anybody who doesn't have the luxury of choosing between Harvard and Yale, or the like (no flames, please). ;)

Nefertari :) because even tho I don't know you very well your statement above has me convinced your time is here!!
Lola
and anybody else who has applied and still waiting.Gee it's too hard to choose when you want to see everybody get in!!

Lola: great lady, wonderful attitude, and awesome avatar.

I've lurked for a long time, but Lola's one of the reasons that I decided to get involved. Good luck from a fellow non-traditional!
:p

you guys are so sweet!! Thanks opus, nefertari, UCLA2K, and Street. I keep haunting my mailman everyday...I even made cookies! The karma could only help, right? :(

Nefertari--thanks for that comment about being youthful. It's interesting you bring it up because I was having a conversation with a friend the other day about how I may not be able to have kids till I am atleast 29-30. Her logic was that you can't be that "old" when we have kids because of the generation difference etc. I kept trying to convince her that if *I* am youthful enough and understand the issues my child's generation will face, I will be able to relate to them even if I was 60!! Anyway, just wanted to share. :clap: :clap:

Cheers to all of us getting in!!!

PS: I did have my U Wash interview and felt like I had done a great job. The interviewers were all smiles and giggles before I left. I really felt like i had them in my corner. Few weeks ago I got an email saying I'm on their competitive list. :( We'll see how far that takes me.

Aww, thanks D-dubs!! :love: :love:

I'm so happy for all the SDNers who have already gotten in..DW, chopsuey, Woots32...and so many others!!! Now I'd really really really love to see lola and Tweetie_Bird get accepted. I'm pulling for you guys!! (where's a good luck similie when you need it??)

Originally posted by manicmaven
Another vote for buglady. Vermont! Vermont! This week!

Aww...manic, you're the best. Even though you have a few acceptances, I'm praying hard for you to get into your numero uno choice. I'm telling you, my mom has flagged down every Catholic priest and asked them to pray for us.

I'm rooting for people who have struggled with either multiple takings of the MCAT or who have weathered multiple application cycles. Not to discount anyone who had good luck with the MCAT or applying...but I've always rooted for the underdog. Go Non-Trads!!

I hope everyone who has worked their tails off during this crazy time gets in. I really do.

I think everyone that has been mentioned definately deserves to go, but my personal votes go to Tweetie, Lola, and Sweet Tea. :D :D :D

Anyone whose first choice is BU. It'll be fun to be around happy campers :rolleyes: :clap:

My vote is for UCLAMan, he has been helpful to the newbies and usually isn't condesending. Plus, I really dig his avatar.

Originally posted by Blitzkrieg
myself

I will cast my vote for Blitzkrieg! I had thought that you had already gotten in! Good luck!

thanks medical :) Not yet, but hopefully soon....

sorry to be repetitive but
LOLA
Tweetie
shamthis

Originally posted by CJ2Doc
My vote is for UCLAMan, he has been helpful to the newbies and usually isn't condesending. Plus, I really dig his avatar.

haha...thanx...air jordans are cool. :D

as far as my votes...i'd have to say...

Lola
Shamthis
Tweetie
Cipher

Thanks Kiping and UCLAMAN, but remember, I already have 3 acceptances so I might not be worthy of your nomination. At the very least, we'll learn the currency of your spirits when it comes down to USC and CWRU.

Kiping check your PMs.

oops sorry Blitzkreig, I thought you had gotten in also! I'll cast another one for ya!

Originally posted by shamthis
Thanks Kiping and UCLAMAN, but remember, I already have 3 acceptances so I might not be worthy of your nomination. At the very least, we'll learn the currency of your spirits when it comes down to USC and CWRU.

oops...well I still nominate you...because I want you to get into the med school of your choice. :D So I want USC to pick you up....and if you so choose, CWRU to pick you up as well. Although I think you should go to USC just because I believe I've already nominated you on the thread about who you would like to be in med school with. Not that I'm in USC yet. :(

awww... you guys are so sweet :) :love: :love: :love: there are so many great people on here i'd love to see get into med school! i don't know what i would have done without this website -- ummm work maybe? ;) tweetie, congrats on getting on the competitive list. that sounds promising! don't they also reject post interview? i'd love to see buglady get into vermont :)

thanks lola, but my acceptance wouldn't be the same if you didn't get in also ;) !

Originally posted by UCLAMAN
oops...well I still nominate you...because I want you to get into the med school of your choice. :D So I want USC to pick you up....and if you so choose, CWRU to pick you up as well. Although I think you should go to USC just because I believe I've already nominated you on the thread about who you would like to be in med school with. Not that I'm in USC yet. :(

...a genuinely nice statement. I appreciate it.

Of course the good wishes go both ways--

sweet tea and tweetie and lola.... :) out of people who've gotten in already...there are lots of you i'm psyched for getting into med, too :)

yay, SDNers :clap: :love: