The OFFICIAL WHO ELSE Thinks "OFFICIAL and Who Else Thinks?" Threads are annoying?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sekiray

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Yea?
You will get your interviews,
your stats are fine
go read their website
your situation is not unique
go do a search
no I will not eat **** to go to med school
Go Call them
Yes LORs are important
Yes MCAT is important
Low GPA/High MCAT? no
High GPA/Low MCAT? no

Members don't see this ad.

I agree that some posts may be annoying, but who says that every single post must be an original question?

um...what is the purpose of SDN if people can't ask those kinds of questions? yes, the repeats get annoying, but i definitely think most of the threads are helpful.

Members don't see this ad :)
I tend to ignore a majority of the threads posted. Mainly because I won't have anything productive to say that someone else hasn't said in the first place.

MirrorTodd said:
I tend to ignore a majority of the threads posted. Mainly because I won't have anything productive to say that someone else hasn't said in the first place.

yea thats true
just thought ppl can cut down on it a bit
or do a search cuz you can seriously find someone asking a similar question to you all the time.

Sekiray said:
yea thats true
just thought ppl can cut down on it a bit
or do a search cuz you can seriously find someone asking a similar question to you all the time.
I found the search a bit confusing for a while. That google one is horrible. There's just too many threads for it to be effective. I finally learned to do the advanced search and search the thread titles only.

well it's somewhat ironically annoying that you titled this thread "official" IMO, but whatever :rolleyes:

yes, it's true that many repeated questions get asked on a daily basis... I attribute this to the fact that SDN newbies don't know how to use the search function and would rather just ask, since theyll get an answer faster than trying to figure it out.

I also agree that most threads/posts are useful, or at least fun/funny. If a thread or post does to interest or pertain to me, then I just ignore it and suggest you do the same as to not be annoyed by their presence...sorry, but it's not gunna stop anytime soon ;)