go sox!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 3, 2004
Northeast
Status
AStudent said:
1) George Washington (2/14/05) :D :thumbup:

I just checked my mail after reading this post and wah-bam! A nice and lovely rejection from GW. At least they actually took the time to reject me unlike many other schools...

akpete

Drinks, anyone?
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 14, 2004
Madison
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I gotta admit, my BU rejection really made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

indo

Feed me a stray cat
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 28, 2002
www.mcw.edu
Status
Resident [Any Field]
akpete said:
I gotta admit, my BU rejection really made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.
That's funny because my BU rejection made me want to stab people. Heh, differ'nt strokes...differn't folks.

synapse lapse

tokyo robotic
15+ Year Member
Mar 14, 2003
future
Status
Attending Physician
Haha BU takes the cake. It's all "We recognize it's our loss not taking you, we love you and you are a very good person and people love you, and you will be a great doctor, please keep your head up and we are sure you will win the nobel prize and cure cancer and we are very very sorry ...." It was so funnny I was laughing.

Sarikate

Full of antioxidants
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 22, 2004
Status
Medical Student
GWU's was SUPER nice, it almost brought a tear to my eye :)

UCLAstudent

I'm a luck dragon!
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 6, 2002
CA
Visit site
Status
Resident [Any Field]
You know, Mayo's wasn't half-bad. It was a good read. ;)

twilight

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 29, 2005
Status
AStudent said:
1) George Washington (2/14/05) :D :thumbup:

I thought U Pitt's rejection letter was really sweet. Hmmmm, it was a rejection though!

liverotcod

Lieutenant Crunch
15+ Year Member
Nov 1, 2003
Status
Attending Physician
What is this "rejection letter" of which you speak? How do I get one of those?

;)

WiseGuy

10+ Year Member
Feb 11, 2005
Status
certainly NOT university of miami...."we evaluated you application on the basis of MCAT score, GPA, diversity of life experiences, patient contact, letters of recommendation, and whether you are in general a good person. we gave your application to three different committee members, so you had three different opportunities to impress us. but you didn't. loser. you scored significantly below the threshold required for an interview invite. you are a waste of space."

"significantly below the threshold for an interview invite??" i had a 3.6 GPA from Duke and a 37 MCAT!! I backpacked across Europe, largely by myself, double majored in biology and history, and spent 3 years in a variety of hospital settings, directly assisting in patient care. and I'm a friggin' FLORIDA RESIDENT. IT'S MIAMI PEOPLE, not Harvard or Hopkins. i realize they can't quantify life experience or patient interaction, but their average MCAT is a 28!!!

GRRRR

vikaskoth

BrownWave
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Aug 12, 2004
New Orleans, LA
Status
i got a letter from rosalind franklin saying talking about their 1 yr applied physiology masters and how for 10 bucks i can switch my med app info over to this masters program. I'm guessing this is like a rejection, i'll proally receive the official notice soon.

Ambs

Sleeping is underrated!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 16, 2004
Status
Medical Student
WiseGuy said:
certainly NOT university of miami...."we evaluated you application on the basis of MCAT score, GPA, diversity of life experiences, patient contact, letters of recommendation, and whether you are in general a good person. we gave your application to three different committee members, so you had three different opportunities to impress us. but you didn't. loser. you scored significantly below the threshold required for an interview invite. you are a waste of space."

"significantly below the threshold for an interview invite??" i had a 3.6 GPA from Duke and a 37 MCAT!! I backpacked across Europe, largely by myself, double majored in biology and history, and spent 3 years in a variety of hospital settings, directly assisting in patient care. and I'm a friggin' FLORIDA RESIDENT. IT'S MIAMI PEOPLE, not Harvard or Hopkins. i realize they can't quantify life experience or patient interaction, but their average MCAT is a 28!!!

GRRRR
Miami's loss!

bidster

15+ Year Member
May 29, 2003
Visit site
Status
I would consider it "nice" if Harvard and Hopkins would go ahead and send me my (post-sec) rejection letters already. I've been waiting for at least Harvard to cough it up ever since their last interview invite day officially passed over a month ago, but nada.

The jig is up people!!! Just tell me what I already know! :p

RaaMD

Caffeine Addict
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 23, 2004
Status
UCSf was the nicest I've received.

osjx-82

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Oct 30, 2004
Status
would people mind quoting or paraphrasing their rejection letters when nominating? I'm dying of curiosity :oops:

k-monger

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 3, 2004
Midwest
Status
U-W Madison was very nice about it. In fact, two months after I received my rejection letter from them, they decided to send another, identical rejection letter to me. I guess they thought that I didn't feel rejected enough after the first one...

BlueMagpie

Meladori
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 12, 2004
The Interstitium
Status
Yeah, I felt UPitt's was very well put. Something like, "having personally reviewed your application, I understand how long you have worked to become a doctor..." It made me feel good to spend $70 just to get that letter.

indo

Feed me a stray cat
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 28, 2002
www.mcw.edu
Status
Resident [Any Field]
osjx-82 said:
would people mind quoting or paraphrasing their rejection letters when nominating? I'm dying of curiosity :oops:

So you're saying you've never received a rejection letter? Great, way to rub it in dude! :mad:

NDFan392

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 20, 2004
Status
Maybe he/she has never received a nice rejection later? :confused: