The official "wow, that sure was a nice rejection letter" thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AStudent

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
1) George Washington (2/14/05) :D :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

AStudent said:

I just checked my mail after reading this post and wah-bam! A nice and lovely rejection from GW. At least they actually took the time to reject me unlike many other schools...

I gotta admit, my BU rejection really made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Members don't see this ad :)
akpete said:
I gotta admit, my BU rejection really made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

That's funny because my BU rejection made me want to stab people. Heh, differ'nt strokes...differn't folks.

Haha BU takes the cake. It's all "We recognize it's our loss not taking you, we love you and you are a very good person and people love you, and you will be a great doctor, please keep your head up and we are sure you will win the nobel prize and cure cancer and we are very very sorry ...." It was so funnny I was laughing.

GWU's was SUPER nice, it almost brought a tear to my eye :)

You know, Mayo's wasn't half-bad. It was a good read. ;)

AStudent said:

I thought U Pitt's rejection letter was really sweet. Hmmmm, it was a rejection though!

ya, i'll give another vote to ucsf's letter

What is this "rejection letter" of which you speak? How do I get one of those?

;)

certainly NOT university of miami...."we evaluated you application on the basis of MCAT score, GPA, diversity of life experiences, patient contact, letters of recommendation, and whether you are in general a good person. we gave your application to three different committee members, so you had three different opportunities to impress us. but you didn't. loser. you scored significantly below the threshold required for an interview invite. you are a waste of space."

"significantly below the threshold for an interview invite??" i had a 3.6 GPA from Duke and a 37 MCAT!! I backpacked across Europe, largely by myself, double majored in biology and history, and spent 3 years in a variety of hospital settings, directly assisting in patient care. and I'm a friggin' FLORIDA RESIDENT. IT'S MIAMI PEOPLE, not Harvard or Hopkins. i realize they can't quantify life experience or patient interaction, but their average MCAT is a 28!!!

GRRRR

i got a letter from rosalind franklin saying talking about their 1 yr applied physiology masters and how for 10 bucks i can switch my med app info over to this masters program. I'm guessing this is like a rejection, i'll proally receive the official notice soon.

WiseGuy said:
certainly NOT university of miami...."we evaluated you application on the basis of MCAT score, GPA, diversity of life experiences, patient contact, letters of recommendation, and whether you are in general a good person. we gave your application to three different committee members, so you had three different opportunities to impress us. but you didn't. loser. you scored significantly below the threshold required for an interview invite. you are a waste of space."

"significantly below the threshold for an interview invite??" i had a 3.6 GPA from Duke and a 37 MCAT!! I backpacked across Europe, largely by myself, double majored in biology and history, and spent 3 years in a variety of hospital settings, directly assisting in patient care. and I'm a friggin' FLORIDA RESIDENT. IT'S MIAMI PEOPLE, not Harvard or Hopkins. i realize they can't quantify life experience or patient interaction, but their average MCAT is a 28!!!

GRRRR

Miami's loss!

I would consider it "nice" if Harvard and Hopkins would go ahead and send me my (post-sec) rejection letters already. I've been waiting for at least Harvard to cough it up ever since their last interview invite day officially passed over a month ago, but nada.

The jig is up people!!! Just tell me what I already know! :p

UCSf was the nicest I've received.

would people mind quoting or paraphrasing their rejection letters when nominating? I'm dying of curiosity :oops:

U-W Madison was very nice about it. In fact, two months after I received my rejection letter from them, they decided to send another, identical rejection letter to me. I guess they thought that I didn't feel rejected enough after the first one...

Yeah, I felt UPitt's was very well put. Something like, "having personally reviewed your application, I understand how long you have worked to become a doctor..." It made me feel good to spend $70 just to get that letter.

Dartmouth's rejection letter was nice... i guess :confused:

osjx-82 said:
would people mind quoting or paraphrasing their rejection letters when nominating? I'm dying of curiosity :oops:

So you're saying you've never received a rejection letter? Great, way to rub it in dude! :mad:

Maybe he/she has never received a nice rejection later? :confused: