The Ohio State University Alternates

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

iamspartacus2

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well, it looks like I am one of the alternates at OSU. I thought I would make this thread so that I could have a support group. OSU is my number one choice, and the only school at which I have interviewed. To all you people who were accepted at OSU, and received multiple other offers, please open a seat for me by going elsewhere. Nonetheless, I offer congratulations on your acceptance. :)

Members don't see this ad.

Dec 6th they said you can start calling and find out our position

I know. I hope I'm not too high on the list. I'm sure the IS list moves a bit slower than the OOS, unfortunately. I wish I could call right now, but I guess I might as well be patient, I may have to wait a really long time for an acceptance.

Hang in there fellow alternates!

Members don't see this ad :)
To those on our alternate list --- please, please, please be patient. And please remember that each and every one of you is an academic star !! For complete details about our alternate list and how it works, please visit http://dent.osu.edu/admissions/news_and_events.php. Please contact us with any questions that you may have. Most importantly, please try not to be disappointed. This year, our interviewed applicants had the highest academic credentials in the history of our College. You are part of this elite group --- be proud !! And be patient …

Predents shows that about 10 of the people who were accepted and have not said they were attending also got into their state school So I could see the list moving very quickly

I called to find out my spot on the alternate list. I'm not going to say my number, but it is much lower (closer to number 1) than I had even hoped for, so things are looking up! I am on the Ohio resident list, so I hope it moves a bit soon. Come on Ohioans, don't you want to go somewhere out of state for a little change in scenery?

I called to find out my spot on the alternate list. I'm not going to say my number, but it is much lower (closer to number 1) than I had even hoped for, so things are looking up! I am on the Ohio resident list, so I hope it moves a bit soon. Come on Ohioans, don't you want to go somewhere out of state for a little change in scenery?

I personally know a few Ohioans who will be declining, so expect some movement soon :)

Thanks for the reassurance! I hope the list moves soon. Does anyone know if they will start giving the alternates spots anytime before January?

As a person declines, we invite the top person on the alternate list on the very same day.

As of today 12/10/10 ---

For our NON-OHIO alternate list - we have had 2 decline (they did not want to remain on the alternate list) and we have offered seats to 6 since Monday, December 6th. So a total of 8 have moved off the list.

For our OHIO alternate list - we still have a total of 43 on the list. There has been no movement.

I'm OOS. So glad to hear that seats are opening up! I feel like calling to ask every day... trying to control myself. Thanks for keeping us posted!

Does anyone have an update on the alternate list? Has the Ohio resident list moved at all? I am guessing that it won't really move at all until January, but it sure would be a nice Christmas present to be offered a seat.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am fairly certain it has moved 7 spots since day one. This is just my rough math off of where I started and where I was Friday, I think I will call again this Friday, once a week should not be too much I think?

seems to have moved another 4 since last Friday :)

hi, alternate from Ohio, may ranking number is between 15-20 do i have chance? plz tel me more about that.

Only 9 left on the Non-Ohio alternate list and 5 Ohio alternates have received seats in the Class of 2015. Please be patient, the list will be moving as deadlines approach (January 1st for all of the first offers).

Just got in! Started as #8 on the Ohio resident alternate list! All of my dreams have come true!

Congratulations! I am still wait listed, somehow disappointed. though my ranking is now between 1 to 10, I do not think there will be that much of change in wait list after Jan 1st:(...

Seats filled (offer accepted, deposit is in): 80
Non-Ohio waitlist: 0
Ohio waitlist: 32

All offers from the alternates are now going to people on the Ohio waitlist, which has moved up 11 spots so far (including a few spots since January 1st).

Good luck!

Last edited:
Seats filled: 80

All offers from the alternates are now going to people on the Ohio waitlist, which has moved up 11 spots so far (including a few spots since January 1st).

Good luck!

I think it's really cool that you guys are forthcoming with posting those numbers for people.

I wish all school posted information like this. I didn't even apply to Ohio but like to check and see how the waitlist is moving as I feel other schools must be somewhat similar. Too bad I haven't moved off of mine!

Seats filled (offer accepted, deposit is in): 80

Good luck!

Seats filled (offer accepted, deposit is in): 90
Ohio waitlist: 30

All offers from the alternates are now going to people on the Ohio waitlist.

Good luck!

note: Several deadlines for people accepted off the Non-Ohio an Ohio waitlists are approaching and I will post updates when we see a lot of movement (most likey before the end of the month). While there are 16 spots left, this waitlist will stay active until the White Coat Ceremony for the Class of 2015 on 9/19/2011. Movement can occur all the way up to a week before this event. People who send in their deposits can still choose to attend another school so be paitent and hopeful.

If anyone has any extra tickets to the while coat ceremnoy let me know :D

Seats filled (offer accepted, deposit is in): 102
Ohio waitlist: 28

All offers from the alternates are now going to people on the Ohio waitlist.

Good luck!

note: Remaining deadlines for people accepted off the Non-Ohio an Ohio waitlists are approaching and I will post an update on the 30th, after all have expired. While there are 4 spots left, this waitlist will stay active until the week before the White Coat Ceremony for the Class of 2015 on 9/19/2011. People who send in their deposits can still choose to withdrawl their acceptance so be paitent and hopeful.

As of 1/27/2011 the OSU College of Dentistry Class of 2015 has been filled. What this means is that there will be LIMITED movement of the Ohio waitlist.

This DOES NOT mean that there will be no more movement. Our class is not finalized until a week from the White Coat Ceremony which will take place on 9/19/2011.

If you are still on the Ohio waitlist please be patient but don't hesitate to check in with our admissions office from time to time to see if there has been any movement.

Good luck