The Ohio State University - College of Pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

marscole

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone applied to this school? I just received an email notification from this school and right now setting up supplemental application online.

Am I considering late now? Just wondering~~~

Members don't see this ad.

I just received the supplemental application today as well. I submitted my pharmcas awhile ago (mid august?) so the fact that I got the supplemental 2 months later concerns me...

I e-submitted my application on 9/5

Members don't see this ad :)
I asked the admissions office and they said they actually only started to evaluate last week and sent out invites for supps this week. Got mine too! Plan to submit it soon.

anyone get an interview invite yet?

I applied here too! No word of an interview yet. I haven't had A. chem yet...Does anyone know if you get in if they allow you to take that there during the summer prior to starting pharmacy school.

I applied here too! No word of an interview yet. I haven't had A. chem yet...Does anyone know if you get in if they allow you to take that there during the summer prior to starting pharmacy school.

my friend that is a P1 at osu took a-chem over the summer, not at ohio state but at his undergrad university...except i'm pretty sure he said that they wouldn't be requiring it anymore starting with this admissions cycle. not positive though

I don't even know what A. Chem is :(... is that bad?

I don't even know what A. Chem is :(... is that bad?

Haha, I had to look it up, so no worries. As far as I can tell its the NMR, mass spec, IR kinda stuff that you probably did in OCHEM labs but probably goes more in depth I'd imagine if they have a whole class for it.

Haha, I had to look it up, so no worries. As far as I can tell its the NMR, mass spec, IR kinda stuff that you probably did in OCHEM labs but probably goes more in depth I'd imagine if they have a whole class for it.

Oh, I see. Thanks :D

Did anyone else have trouble with the 500 character limit on the supplemental essays? I must have resubmitted like 10-15 times to get all of my essays to 500 characters or less. :laugh:

Did anyone else have trouble with the 500 character limit on the supplemental essays? I must have resubmitted like 10-15 times to get all of my essays to 500 characters or less. :laugh:

HA... First I assumed 500 words...then cut down to characters according to word, and then had to try and submit 3 other times to make it fit and flow somewhat okay...of course each answer ended up being like: I shadowed a pharmacist for 3 months. I volunteered in a hospital. my friend is a pharmacist. So much for explaining myself!

HA... First I assumed 500 words...then cut down to characters according to word, and then had to try and submit 3 other times to make it fit and flow somewhat okay...of course each answer ended up being like: I shadowed a pharmacist for 3 months. I volunteered in a hospital. my friend is a pharmacist. So much for explaining myself!

I can totally relate. For some reason, I was thinking that if I could keep my essays to around 150-200 words, then I would be okay. Not true. At all. It's funny to think that I agonized over the essays for days before I even I tried to submit them. Then, when I realized I was well over the character limit, I cut them down to essays that strangely resembled what I originally wrote the first day I got the supplemental invite.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anybody know when they will start sending out invites for interviews??? Or anybody hear anything?

Can you fit 500 characters in the form? I keep typing and still I can input all the information in. Probably, I haven't submitted yet~~~

Can you fit 500 characters in the form? I keep typing and still I can input all the information in. Probably, I haven't submitted yet~~~

Oh it would probably let you but 1000 words in the form (It let me paste in 500 before I realized it said characters.) When you try and submit it will kick it back to you telling you exactly how many characters you have and will remind you that you can only have 500. I got mine fairly easily down to 516, and those last 16 characters were a hassel to figure out what was the least important among info that I thought was all relevant.:p

I just had my interview at OSU on 11/18. We were the first group of interviews and they said they are doing more interviews in December. And, A-chem is no longer a requirement :)

I just had my interview at OSU on 11/18. We were the first group of interviews and they said they are doing more interviews in December. And, A-chem is no longer a requirement :)

How did the interview go?

Congrats on the interview! How many people were in the interview group and when did they tell you to expect to hear back?

Thanks. The interview was really easy. I was extremely nervous, but there was no reason to be. There were 11 students being interviewed that day, but they said normally its more around 25 students. You interview one on one with one or two faculty members. My interview lasted about 20-25 minutes which was around what everyone else's was too. one person's lasted about 40 minutes but, that was the longest. They just asked simple questions. Why pharmacy? Why OSU? Your experience with pharmacy/ pharamcists? How do you handle stress? What has been your favorite class? etc. Besides the interview, there was a tour of the building, a presentation about the college, a file review, and a student-panel. Everyone was very nice and it was a very relaxed process. Although the had a rough timeline one when things would occur, it wasn't strict. So it was supposed to last until 5pm (started at 1pm) but we were done at 4pm because things went smoothly. They said that they get decisions out within 2 weeks of the interview date and that they rarely put people on a waitlist. Most people usually hear back that they have been accepted or declined. They can make the decisions so quickly because they do a file review to make sure you are on track to graduate and have taken or have a specific plan to take all the required courses. If you haven't taken all the courses yet make sure you know what quarter/semester you are going to take them because, they want to know for sure that you are prepared. They said they don't want to give admits and then the student not complete the course work and not be allowed to start school in the fall. You can take courses in the summer too if you need to.

Just interviewed last week. Now the wait begins

I'm a P1 at ohio state and I interviewed on a Friday and heard back the following Thursday. They are very quick and I would not stress at all.

I'm a P1 at ohio state and I interviewed on a Friday and heard back the following Thursday. They are very quick and I would not stress at all.

How do you like Ohio State? Are you from Ohio? Was Ohio your first choice? What do you like most about it? Sorry if this sounded like an interview :p I'm just applying there as well (mainly because they're great at research) but would like to have more info.

Congrats on being a pharmacy student at a great uni by the way! :)

Got an interview invite today via email. Not sure if I want to go. Any current students want to share your experiences? Thanks!

Got my invite too! :) Ill be there January 13th!:D

I got an invite today as well. I think I'll be declining, since I got into my state school. Good luck everyone!

Did you call to confirm yet?

I did! It's all set. I'll be driving my butt from Texas to Ohio on the 11th. (I'm really excited to get to wear a winter hat and gloves!.... Sad, I know)

(Lol! Come up to MN. You won't be disappointed. Except...we haven't had much snow this year. So odd.)

I was outside yesterday.... shorts and a t-shirt... no joke. While all you northerners are going to be wildly jealous for .2 seconds, it gets old. Seasons give you something to look forward to! :) Anyways, hope I get to meet some of you in January. This is my very first interview, and top on my list, so hopefully even though I only have shadowing and no experience, they will like me anyways.:xf:

If anyone has been accepted to this school, please let me know so you can be added to the Official Roll Call for Class of 2015/2016. Please post in the sticky thread your acceptances and the program you will be attending (if accepted to multiple schools).

Here is the link to the sticky thread:

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=847419

:):thumbup:

I did! It's all set. I'll be driving my butt from Texas to Ohio on the 11th. (I'm really excited to get to wear a winter hat and gloves!.... Sad, I know)

WOWWW! That's a how many hour drive?! Making the drive from CA would be unreasonable. Haha. I think I'll be heading over to OSU then also because I got denied from my #1 UCSF. Ouch...

I will be going from Texas (Austin) as well!!

I will be going from Texas (Austin) as well!!

Well if you're going for the same date and need a ride.... let me know.. I'm going anyways from San Antonio. My friend is going to drive up with me to keep me company/mock interview me in the car, but you are more than welcome if youre looking to save some money.:cool:

Well if you're going for the same date and need a ride.... let me know.. I'm going anyways from San Antonio. My friend is going to drive up with me to keep me company/mock interview me in the car, but you are more than welcome if youre looking to save some money.:cool:
Thanks for the offer! but I dont think we will be interviewing on the same day. I will be interviewing on Jan 14th. I am most likely going to take a flight :) driving there seems pretty intense.

Anybody (female) want to share a hotel room together and split the fees for the night of the 13th? I'm looking to interview on Saturday Jan 14, but I haven't decided yet.

Anybody (female) want to share a hotel room together and split the fees for the night of the 13th? I'm looking to interview on Saturday Jan 14, but I haven't decided yet.

I wouldnt mind, although would be there the 12th also. I am not leaving until the 14th. Splitting the price for one night is better than nothing!

I would love to share the room. I am interviewing on the 14th as well, and will be spending the night of the 13th there. Please let me know.

Hello,
I'm interviewing on the 13th, is anyone on here going to be there

So, three people from Austin? Very nice. But my interview is on the 27th.

I applied back in November, but had a late start on everything and just took the PCAT yesterday. I received a secondary last week and submitted it on Sunday, and forwarded my preliminary report to them already. I want to go to OSU so badly and can't wait to hear from them!

good luck to those interviewing tomorrow!!!!! :D rock it!

Hi guys,

Just curious, for those of you that received an interview, when did you submit your pharmcas/supplemental? I'm just curious how fast/slow they are at evaluating applications haha. ^.^

Hi guys,

Just curious, for those of you that received an interview, when did you submit your pharmcas/supplemental? I'm just curious how fast/slow they are at evaluating applications haha. ^.^

My friend received her interview invitation before she submitted her supplemental application so I think it doesn't really matter, as long as u finish it before the interview. I thought that was weird =\

For me it took exactly 1 month after i submit my supplemental until they sent the invitation

Hi guys,

Like stated above the supplemental wasn't necessary to receive an interview but I did have to wait until my PCAT scores had arrived since I took them in september. I think I received word about a month after they had all my info from pharmcas and it was about a week before the interview date. If you get invited they're really nice and efficient. I interviewed on Friday and was accepted the following Tuesday. Best of luck to you!

Like stated above the supplemental wasn't necessary to receive an interview but I did have to wait until my PCAT scores had arrived since I took them in september. I think I received word about a month after they had all my info from pharmcas and it was about a week before the interview date. If you get invited they're really nice and efficient. I interviewed on Friday and was accepted the following Tuesday. Best of luck to you!

Haha,thanks for the input, cdao and mrmoses. I'm just really hoping that I can be your future classmate! :oops:

Let's hope we all get in!! :)

Indeed! If we all get in, I say we all form a study group. I'll bring the hot chocolate ;) I heard it gets SUPER cold in the midwest haha.

Indeed! If we all get in, I say we all form a study group. I'll bring the hot chocolate ;) I heard it gets SUPER cold in the midwest haha.

yeahhh I had the interview today and its super cold in ohio right now =\ it's like 20F now....can't complain though, my friend has it worse in canada lolol

yeahhh I had the interview today and its super cold in ohio right now =\ it's like 20F now....can't complain though, my friend has it worse in canada lolol

20F?????? Ohhhh myyyy gosh..... I hope your hotel room/place that you're staying at is super heated. Anyways, I hope your interview went well! Was it really as "relaxed" as the other SDNers said it was?