The Origin and Source of COVID-19 discovered?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

twospadz

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Video below gives explanation of the possible origin of COVID-19 that seems to be pretty well investigated. Opinions?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
China also has had multiple viruses leak from labs before, even SARS. The fact that lab guidelines were published around the first known COVID-19 infections in china is a telling sign in itself.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-04-03-21-57-56.png
    Screenshot_2020-04-03-21-57-56.png
    274.3 KB · Views: 117
  • Screenshot_2020-04-03-21-57-16.png
    Screenshot_2020-04-03-21-57-16.png
    307.8 KB · Views: 130
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm not sure why this matters much. Whether it was in a market or in a lab, it sounds like it occurred through exposure to an animal or animal excretions. Plenty of zoonotic diseases exist and result from close contact with animals, this is just another one. I don't think a theory that this did not originate in Hubei is all that widespread.

I'm not sure why this matters much. Whether it was in a market or in a lab, it sounds like it occurred through exposure to an animal or animal excretions. Plenty of zoonotic diseases exist and result from close contact with animals, this is just another one. I don't think a theory that this did not originate in Hubei is all that widespread.
It matters from an international legal perspective, as China will essentially be sued into oblivion if it originated in their lab

Reactions: 1 users
It matters from an international legal perspective, as China will essentially be sued into oblivion if it originated in their lab

Sanctions, perhaps pressure to improve their lab conditions, but I don't see much more happening. Even so, this may be important in terms of international politics/public health, but not all that important to regular healthcare workers or even the general public.

Sanctions, perhaps pressure to improve their lab conditions, but I don't see much more happening. Even so, this may be important in terms of international politics/public health, but not all that important to regular healthcare workers or even the general public.

This isn't about sanctions. Nations could start suing for compensation of their lost GDP from China

Reactions: 1 user
Reactions: 8 users
And China will just give em the middle finger.

Nothing will happen until countries pull their manufacturing out of China and move elsewhere.
If they don't pay up, then sanctions and tariffs happen. The US could also choose to not honor our over a trillion dollars of debt to them if they do not comply. There's a lot of wild options. I'm excited.

Reactions: 4 users
The US could also choose to not honor our over a trillion dollars of debt to them if they do not comply.

That would absolutely destroy the value of the US treasury bonds and do far, far more damage to the US than it would to China.

Reactions: 1 user
China will just airdrop their population on us then it's over. 1.5 billion vs 350 million

While this is interesting, it's not really directly relevant to resident medical training. As we have several active COVID threads already I'm going to move this to Topics in Healthcare.