The painful wait for your scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

apple638

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I should be used to this by now...you know waiting about 4 weeks to get your score but it's just not getting any easier. For the first two steps, you're on rotations and you don't have people asking you constantly, "you got your scores yet". Now, I'm in residency and everyday the residents and nurses are asking me for my results and I'm checking for my scores like 2-3 times a day. One more week and I should know my fate. I just don't want to take this thing again...painful.:scared:

Members don't see this ad.

man, this board has really slowed down...well at least I was able to vent. I actually feel a little better...less than one week to go

man, this board has really slowed down...well at least I was able to vent. I actually feel a little better...less than one week to go

I am also waiting for my score and keep checking the website knowing that it will take at least 4 weeks. I just wanna pass. Good luck to you!

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
When I took it a month ago, they emailed 3 wed. later and told me my score was available. So it should only take about 3 weeks.

I should be used to this by now...you know waiting about 4 weeks to get your score but it's just not getting any easier. For the first two steps, you're on rotations and you don't have people asking you constantly, "you got your scores yet". Now, I'm in residency and everyday the residents and nurses are asking me for my results and I'm checking for my scores like 2-3 times a day. One more week and I should know my fate. I just don't want to take this thing again...painful.:scared:

I think it best NOT TO TELL anyone that you took it..... questions like that just add to the anxiety level. That is my plan. I guess in some programs it might not be possible.

Good luck.

In my program, everyone knows everyone's business so there's no way of getting around it.

I prefer the wait for Step 3 scores versus the previous Steps (esp 1). With Step 3, it tends to slip your mind (not checking the mailbox, etc) and, one random morning, you'll wake up to an email with the link to your scores. I'm not too far from receiving the big email, but have hardly given my scores a second thought since taking the test (this thread has been the biggest reminder).

Are Step 3 scores emailed on Wednesdays only the same way that the other step results were mailed on Wed only? The 8th post was made on a Wednesday but referenced Tuesday of the same week so it's hard to say for sure.

I prefer the wait for Step 3 scores versus the previous Steps (esp 1). With Step 3, it tends to slip your mind (not checking the mailbox, etc) and, one random morning, you'll wake up to an email with the link to your scores. I'm not too far from receiving the big email, but have hardly given my scores a second thought since taking the test (this thread has been the biggest reminder).

Are Step 3 scores emailed on Wednesdays only the same way that the other step results were mailed on Wed only? The 8th post was made on a Wednesday but referenced Tuesday of the same week so it's hard to say for sure.

What was your NBME assesment score? What was your average on UW? do you think a 420 will pass???:confused:

Didn't take NBME or use UW. Mainly went with QBook and some NMS. I prefer hard copies of the Q&A's as it's easy to get distracted when studying off a screen. Plus, it's nice to be away from the machine for a while.

Don't know about the correlations. Hopefully it works out for you. I should receive the random email sometime next week.

Btw, does anyone know if Step 3 scores are emailed on Wednesdays only? I'm starting to think that's the case as one poster mentioned receiving their scores today. If so, I know when the email will arrive.

Btw, does anyone know if Step 3 scores are emailed on Wednesdays only? I'm starting to think that's the case as one poster mentioned receiving their scores today. If so, I know when the email will arrive.

Ya. It seems to be the case however I may be mistaken. I know of at least 6 friends of mine who have taken the Step 3 examination and all of there score reportings came back on a wednesday somewhere between the hours of 6:00 to 9:00 a.m. (early morning hours)