The PCAT- What you should know before taking it

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

titanlord1

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please post here anything that might be usefull for anyone who is going to take the PCAT. Thanks.

-No calculuators on the PCAT
-Anatomy is minimal on the PCAT

Members don't see this ad.

Really? I thought anatomy was tested over a lot.

-Plants are no longer tested on. (from what I've heard on SDN).
-You need to bring two ID's to the testing center
-No electronic watches

Please post here anything that might be usefull for anyone who is going to take the PCAT. Thanks.

-No calculuators on the PCAT
Between 30% to 40% of the bio section is anatomy and physiology. That's not minimal.

Members don't see this ad :)
also quick question is their any calclus on the pcat? if so how many questions are there. is it alot?

Got it,thanks! Heard Pearson is also big on the Nervous system. We're there a good chunk of neurology questions as well?

Eh, I'm sure there was. Not any specific that I remember. However, I do remember there being like a picture of something you would identify on a microscope and pointing to a part and asking what type of cell it was. Something like a goblet cell or etc.

Took pcat without anatomy or physio. Got 91 with dr. Collins. Don't remember having much anatomy on mine

Took mine back in 2010. Don't remember any anatomy on mine. Didn't take anatomy or physio or micro. and got 91 on bio section.

can anyone confirm calcclus? im getting mixed answers some people are saying few calclus questions others saying alot.

Took mine back in 2010. Don't remember any anatomy on mine. Didn't take anatomy or physio or micro. and got 91 on bio section.

Starting 2012 they changed the format and added more a&p, micro, and basic biochem.

can anyone confirm calcclus? im getting mixed answers some people are saying few calclus questions others saying alot.

Just asked my girlfriend and she had a lot of calc on hers. Buy all of the Pearson practice tests. That gives you a great representation on the test.

thanks what do you think is the hardest section on the pcat? maths? bio?..etc? i think for me its maths.

I had most trouble with reading... Got a 25. I only read like 1/4 of articles before I had to fill in random answers for the best... Im too slow a reader I guess

I had most trouble with reading... Got a 25. I only read like 1/4 of articles before I had to fill in random answers for the best... Im too slow a reader I guess

how good/bad is 25? 25 out of what? and how did you do on maths?

25 percentile lol. Pretty bad. Got 97 on math though.. I thought I was gonna do worse cause I didn't have time and left five blank