The Pelicanman Finally Got Accepted

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PelicanMan

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I GOT INTO USF

I CAN'T BELIEVE IT.

AFTER BEING REJECTED BY 15 SCHOOLS LAST YEAR. I GOT INTO THE FIRST SCHOOL I INTERVIEWED.

Thanks you for helping me though this horrible process. I love you guys, and wish you the best of luck.

Members don't see this ad.

you're gonna be a doc!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats PelicanMan!!!

I just barely missed getting an immediate acceptance, got the maximum amount of votes without being offered a spot right away. I'm a little bummed out but Larkin said since I'm at the top of the waitlist, I should hear some good news once interviewing ends.

Congrats again to another reapplicant! :clap: :clap:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I have been following your story since last year and it always made me so sad that you didn't get in. BUT NOW YOU"RE GONNA BE DR. PELICANMAN!!!!!! I am so proud and happy for you. You deserve it babe. Go have a beer on me!!

CONGRATS PELICANMAN!!!
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Congrats!!

I too followed your tragic story last year, and I am now truly delighted that you have been accepted.

You will make an excellent Dr and will do SDN proud.

:clap: :D :clap: :D :clap:

I'm very very happy for you.

This goes to show you that one should never give up on your dream. You earned it Pelicanman.

Wahoo! Felicitaciones, Dr. PelicanMan!

*sob* Now the Pelicanman can fly free....*sob*

I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Nice work PelicanMan......you are an inspiration to all!

Best of luck at USF (an awesome school!).

Cheers,
WISC-ite

Members don't see this ad :)
pelican man

i pmed you
check it- i want your phone number so i can congratulate you in person

wow, two reapplicants gettin in on the same day?!?! We need to declare this a SDN holiday :hardy:

can we get a collective BOOYAH!!!! :p

CONGRATULATIONS!!!
That is awesome!!!

You deserve to relax, go wild, celebrate and be so so proud!!!

:)

congratulations, pelicanman!! :clap:
party it up--go kill some brain cells and pickle your liver!!!

Congratulations! You definitely deserve it after the hell last year. Many would have given up if they were in your shoes. Goes to show perseverence goes a long way. Good luck in med school! :) :D ;) :p :cool: :clap: :laugh: :love:

Congratulations and welcome to the "Accepted Reapplicants Club" !

:clap:

U rock, way to go and good for you to not give up on your dreams....they came ture...yeahhhhhhhhhhhhh:clap: :D :clap:

CONGRATULATIONS!!! ALL THE WORK FINALLY PAID OFF
WOW...TWO IN ONE DAY, AT THIS RATE WE COULD ALL
BE IN BEFORE CHRISTMAS....HAHA WISHFULL THINKING!!!
HOPE THEY KEEP COMING:):clap: :clap: :clap:

Congrats on your great news!!!!!!

:clap: :D :clap: :D :clap:

congratulations!!! You worked so hard - you definitely deserve to be a doctor and I'm sure you'll be a great one! YAY!!

:clap: :clap:

you can finally be at peace (shalom)!! You KNOW you will be an M.D. now. Wow, man it has been a long journey for you, but I knew this was gonna come, and REAL quick.

All those long nights of IM'ing back and forth, wondering if we were gonna get in off UF or UChicago's waitlist, and advising each other about what to do to try and get off those lists- Man, I will never forget your resilience to get in and how inspiring that was. B, you KNOW there are more interviews and acceptances awaiting you. Now it's a matter of getting in the best place for you!

:clap: you gonna be a doc!! :clap:

Pelicanman,

I read your application saga.....congratulations to you, it was well deserved!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

P.S.I'm still trying to figure out why you didn't get in last year

Pelican,

gave me the goosebumps!!! i was on sdn throughout last year and was pulling for you then. it makes me really happy to hear about your success! I'm sure you'll be getting more of those acceptances before the cycle is over.

Congrats!

CONGRATULATIONS!! After what Pritzker pulled on you, no doubt you deserve this. USF is lucky to have you.

ok...so Im compelled to ask??
What was this Pitzker fiasco from last year??
Im new as you can see:):)

congrats PelicanMan. another woo-hoo goes out tonight!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: you guys' motivation is inspirational and one of the reasons so many people come back to these boards is to read your success stories. congratulations!

I can't believe I missed this thread earlier...

YAY, Pelicanman! w00t!

:D :clap:

Congrats Pelican!!:clap: :D

What's Up with Pritzker??? Did you ever hear from them this year?

Thank you everyone for the support.

I got rejected from Pritzker already. It is my first rejection this year. Last year it was my last rejection. Oh well, regardless I know that I am going to medical school this august which is just an amazing feeling.

Good luck to all of you, and hopefully my story will give hope to all of you out there who don't get in the first time around.

Originally posted by SolidGold
Congrats PelicanMan!!!

I just barely missed getting an immediate acceptance, got the maximum amount of votes without being offered a spot right away. I'm a little bummed out but Larkin said since I'm at the top of the waitlist, I should hear some good news once interviewing ends.

Congrats again to another reapplicant! :clap: :clap:

have you gotten in yet? they just filled up,and ppl I know say that they got above the min votes to get an immediate acceptance, so they are on the waitlist ahead of you now. Sorry!

congrats pelican man! you deserve it!
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Originally posted by Blitzkrieg
have you gotten in yet? they just filled up,and ppl I know say that they got above the min votes to get an immediate acceptance, so they are on the waitlist ahead of you now. Sorry!

This I know, but I got in contact with Mr. Larkin and he still told me that my position on the waitlist is still very strong and that I should get an acceptance before everything is said and done...so I assume that I'm still up there on the list but not at the top anymore. Plus, I expect my spot to get even lower, but Larkin knows this and still projects offering me a spot. Hopefully he's right.

Congrats pelican!! I remember last year when Pritzker was looking down their noses at you. Good job :) :) :)

Thanks guys. I didn't expect to see this thread pop up again. But since it has I have an update.

I have interviewed so far at USF, BU, Georgetown, Mount Sinai, and Einstein. But I have only heard back from USF so far. I hate the long wait after interviews.

My interviews this year have been so much better because I am so much more relaxed because of my USF acceptance.

Good luck to all of you. SolidGold I may give my spot up. Not sure yet.

PelicanMan, those other interviews are at some awesome places and with your stats, I'm sure that many more acceptances will be coming your way. Keep us posted.

Originally posted by PelicanMan
I GOT INTO USF

I CAN'T BELIEVE IT.

AFTER BEING REJECTED BY 15 SCHOOLS LAST YEAR. I GOT INTO THE FIRST SCHOOL I INTERVIEWED.

Thanks you for helping me though this horrible process. I love you guys, and wish you the best of luck.

Congratulations! What a relief huh?

What did you do differently that got you into med school this year, but not last year?

Onyx

I got great news today. I got accepted at Boston University. This year is amazing.

Hellllllllllllll yeahhhhhhhhh

To answer the question.

I finished my senior thesis, diabetes camp, EMT training. MORE HUMBLE AND BETTER ATTITUDE. VERY GRATEFUL FOR MY GOOD FORTUNE THIS YEAR.

Congrats PelicanMan!!!!!!!!!:clap: :clap:
Boston is a great school...a bit expensive but Boston is nice.

Congrats and good luck!!:clap:

Congratulations on BU!!!!!

Did someone call you? Was it the Adcom or the person you interviewed with?

Where is your story and stats posted, Pelicanman? I'd love to read them!

Congrats Pelicanman! You deserve this bro! :clap: :clap: :D

The person who interviewed me emailed me and I got the offical stuff the next day.

I had a really wonderful interview at BU. My best one so far. I talked to him for 90 minutes.

Anyway, UF decided to interview me this year. It is kinda a surprise because I assumed I was blacklisted there or something. Last year I was in their first interview group. Oh well. Like I have repeated over and over again, I am glad that I didn't get accepted last year.

For Brutus, try just searching under my name.

Here is alittle bit.

I graduated from University of Florida.
4.0 Cum gpa
31 mcat
research

got rejected from 15 schools last year.

This year have gotten 2 acceptances, so happy.

Originally posted by PelicanMan
I graduated from University of Florida.

Fellow Gator alum (class of 94) Congradulations!