The pen is mightier...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dajimmers

Hedgehog!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, for those of us who have multiple interviews, and potentially multiple acceptances, we need to be able to decide where exactly to go. People have suggested weather, location, curriculum, school colors, ranking, finaid packages, student body, smell, number of nobel laureates, alphabetical order, NIH funding, etc.

If these fail, I suggest we use the "coolness" of the pen included in their handouts. Schools that give out no pen get no love. If it's just a bland Paperpate ballpoint with their name stamped out in one color, they get lower ranked. Gel-pens with flashing lights, built-in fight songs, multiple colors, and GPS devices get higher ranked.

For me so far:

Harvard: pretty generic, but the school colors are there, and they did stamp both the pen and the clip
UChicago: points for creativity (built-in carabiner), but not very functional
UMich: no pen, at least not that I can find :(
WashU: clear gel pen, prominent name stamped on. Winner so far...

Members don't see this ad.

USF gave us chocolate bars with the school's logo stamped on them. That is by far *the* best interview goodie out there, infinitely more edible than any pen. :thumbup: Actually, come to think of it, USF also gave us a pen; when you click it, the phone numbers to different USF COM offices show in a little window. So USF is the winner. :D

QofQuimica said:
USF gave us chocolate bars with the school's logo stamped on them. That is by far *the* best interview goodie out there, infinitely more edible than any pen. :thumbup: Actually, come to think of it, USF also gave us a pen; when you click it, the phone numbers to different USF COM offices show in a little window. So USF is the winner. :D

hey Q,

can you put in a good word for me? i want a chocolate and neato pen too!!

fiddler

Members don't see this ad :)
fiddler said:
hey Q,

can you put in a good word for me? i want a chocolate and neato pen too!!

fiddler
Fiddler, if you want to interview at USF, I suggest that you move to FL and establish in-state residency. It would do you far more good than relying on any pull of mine. :smuggrin: But that's a lot of work just to get a chocolate bar. Alternatively, you can always try asking REL whether he'd be willing to mail one up to you. ;)

i laughed when i saw the title. sean connery.

hopkins expects you to write with your blood!

they win.