the pre-med math requirement!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futurederm

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it a year or a semester of calculus? :confused: :confused: :scared: :scared: I'm so not a math wiz. I hope I survive it :(

Members don't see this ad.

Typically it is a semester of calculus but a year of math. Some schools will require a year of calculus. I made the mistake of taking Calc II instead of prob/stat :(

Depends on where you apply, because some schools have no stated math requirement. I, personally, do not plan to take any math beyond statistics and therefore will not be applying to any school that feels that being able to pointless things such as calculus is required to be a successful medical student.

Members don't see this ad :)
tulane06 said:
Typically it is a semester of calculus but a year of math. Some schools will require a year of calculus. I made the mistake of taking Calc II instead of prob/stat :(

Great, I'm taking Stats in the Winter session...

I found Calc II far more pleasant that Stats, I guess I'm odd :oops:

A few schools require calculus. And some schools just recommend it. Most though just want you to take a year (2 semesters) of college level math, like pre-calculus.

futurederm said:
Great, I'm taking Stats in the Winter session...[/QUOTE

Don't sweat it. The class is a joke, literally the easiest class I have ever taken in my entire life. I didn't go to class, I didn't study, and the lowest grade I ever received was an A. You'll be fine.

After taking calc. 3 and diff., linear algebra is still tough. beware

:scared:

silas2642 said:
futurederm said:

Don't sweat it. The class is a joke, literally the easiest class I have ever taken in my entire life. I didn't go to class, I didn't study, and the lowest grade I ever received was an A. You'll be fine.

Ah, cause you're probably a math wiz :p

My math skills are sub par :mad: :mad:

silas2642 said:
futurederm said:

I second that.

I agree....even for someone who is as bad at math as I, statistics is easy.

Praetorian said:
I agree....even for someone who is as bad at math as I, statistics is easy.

Is that your kiddo? soooo cute :p :p :p :p :love: