The Princeton Review Cracking the MCAT 2011-2012

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bryanr

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was considering purchasing the Princeton Review Cracking the MCAT 2011-2012, but i have heard plenty of negative feedback on previous year editions- such as numerous typos. Has anyone heard anything different(positive) about this years edition?

Members don't see this ad.

In general, it's just not very good. TPR does offer it's hyperlearning content review books at major bookstores. Those are a solid choice for content review, though they don't have enough practice passages.

In general, it's just not very good. TPR does offer it's hyperlearning content review books at major bookstores. Those are a solid choice for content review, though they don't have enough practice passages.

I have chosen to renew this post.

I think it gives you 4 full length cbts. What do you think about using it for the practice test? Has anyone had any problems with the cbts similarity to the real thing?

I think it gives you 4 full length cbts. What do you think about using it for the practice test? Has anyone had any problems with the cbts similarity to the real thing?

havent taken the cbts yet, but I just got through 1200 glorious pages.

i agree, not the best tool. it is somehwat unorganized, and it doesn't have enough practice problems, so it is easy to keep reading without completely understanding the material. i would definitely go with the EK complete series if you are looking for a comprehensive review

Members don't see this ad :)

I thought the practice tests were decent (one is actually offered free anyway). They were challenging and I thought they mimicked the real exam fairly well. If you can get the book for pretty cheap I'd recommend buying it just for access to the tests.

Practice tests are really different from AAMC, esp verbal

Book is useless.