1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

The Princeton Review Cracking the MCAT 2011-2012

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by bryanr, Jul 27, 2011.

1. bryanr

Pre-Medical
    I was considering purchasing the Princeton Review Cracking the MCAT 2011-2012, but i have heard plenty of negative feedback on previous year editions- such as numerous typos. Has anyone heard anything different(positive) about this years edition?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. SN2ed

Moderator Emeritus 7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    In general, it's just not very good. TPR does offer it's hyperlearning content review books at major bookstores. Those are a solid choice for content review, though they don't have enough practice passages.

4. aspiringdoc09

7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I have chosen to renew this post.

I think it gives you 4 full length cbts. What do you think about using it for the practice test? Has anyone had any problems with the cbts similarity to the real thing?

5. Keewee

5+ Year Member

havent taken the cbts yet, but I just got through 1200 glorious pages.

i agree, not the best tool. it is somehwat unorganized, and it doesn't have enough practice problems, so it is easy to keep reading without completely understanding the material. i would definitely go with the EK complete series if you are looking for a comprehensive review

6. ZtetNb

5+ Year Member

I thought the practice tests were decent (one is actually offered free anyway). They were challenging and I thought they mimicked the real exam fairly well. If you can get the book for pretty cheap I'd recommend buying it just for access to the tests.

7. ponyo

ponyo 人魚姫
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Practice tests are really different from AAMC, esp verbal

Book is useless.