The Princeton Review's free full length practice test - score comparison?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Penner

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got a 12/9/10 (PS/V/BS) on TPR's free full length, and I've been hearing that they like to give harder tests so it seems like you made a big improvement or to get you to take their course...

Anyone know how TPR FL's scores compare to AAMC's practice test scores?

Members don't see this ad.

I asked the same thing yesterday and no one responded. I got a 10PS/11V/9BS. I still don't really know what to think at all. I actually thought the PS was a little too easy. I would've scored higher on it but I haven't reviewed waves yet so that passage about AM/FM killed my score.

I asked the same thing yesterday and no one responded. I got a 10PS/11V/9BS. I still don't really know what to think at all. I actually thought the PS was a little too easy. I would've scored higher on it but I haven't reviewed waves yet so that passage about AM/FM killed my score.

I got 5 of the 6 questions on the copyright laws passage wrong! I felt like the questions for that passage were so stupid. And there was that one question where a physician is supposed to conclude aliens are real because the patient has radiation? Wtf?

Yeah the PS did seem pretty easy... Bio was pretty hard, I thought, with lots of random specific questions like progesterone/FSH function and etc. Guess I have a lot of studying to do for bio.

I got 5 of the 6 questions on the copyright laws passage wrong! I felt like the questions for that passage were so stupid. And there was that one question where a physician is supposed to conclude aliens are real because the patient has radiation? Wtf?

Yeah the PS did seem pretty easy... Bio was pretty hard, I thought, with lots of random specific questions like progesterone/FSH function and etc. Guess I have a lot of studying to do for bio.

I took the PR class, and I took two of their full lengths. I thought the physics and chem was way harder then the aamc practice tests (I took all of those), but I hadn't finished my content review by that point. I just took the actual MCAT this weekend, and my advice would be to use them for timing and to get a sense of some of the harder questions they might ask, but use the AAMCs to refine your timing, get a sense of some of the experimental passages, and gauge your score. For what its worth, my scores on the AAMCs were much higher then the PR. On my MCAT, there was a mix of questions that I thought was really unlike either set of exams: the passages were far more about being to understand what the passage was about and maybe apply a really general principle (like the AAMCs), while a lot of the discretes were about really specific minutia (like the PR).

And when people say to "try and replicate the test conditions", its good advice. Although I'm not sure how close you can really get without asking your local prison if you borrow a cell to take the practice tests in.

Last edited:
I took the PR class, and I took two of their full lengths. I thought the physics and chem was way harder then the aamc practice tests (I took all of those), but I hadn't finished my content review by that point. I just took the actual MCAT this weekend, and my advice would be to use them for timing and to get a sense of some of the harder questions they might ask, but use the AAMCs to refine your timing, get a sense of some of the experimental passages, and gauge your score. For what its worth, my scores on the AAMCs were much higher then the PR. On my MCAT, there was a mix of questions that I thought was really unlike either set of exams: the passages were far more about being to understand what the passage was about and maybe apply a really general principle (like the AAMCs), while a lot of the discretes were about really specific minutia (like the PR).

And when people say to "try and replicate the test conditions", its good advice. Although I'm not sure how close you can really get without asking your local prison if you borrow a cell to take the practice tests in.

^thanks for the post man. I am taking TPR right now and I've been trying to figure this out. I will def consider this throughout my prep. Also, did you happen to use TBR at all for PS?