The PS section on actual MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

txlonghorn2314

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have heard a lot of people talking about how surprisingly difficult the PS section was last month. I was just interested if you have any advice on how to be best prepared? Is thoroughly using BR through sn2ed's schedule sufficient? I know I used to hear that the BR was harder than the real thing, but I'm wondering if that is still the case or if there was something that would work better?

Members don't see this ad.

i took it last month and the physical sciences was really difficult. my advice is study everything you can off the PS topics on the aamcs site, use every resource you can, and practice doing annoying mathematical calculations

i took it last month and the physical sciences was really difficult. my advice is study everything you can off the PS topics on the aamcs site, use every resource you can, and practice doing annoying mathematical calculations

so questions were not all conceptually based, they involved heavy calculations (like actual plugging in into those big equations etc?)

so questions were not all conceptually based, they involved heavy calculations (like actual plugging in into those big equations etc?)

Most of the "heavy" calculations on the test I took last month were not too bad. They will give you simple round numbers that you can plug and chug pretty quickly. I think the trick is to do a ton of practice problems and get used to the types of questions they ask.

Members don't see this ad :)
I didn't think PS was bad (Took Jan 23)

Use TBR and you will do well

I took the 25th of Jan exam, I also didn't think PS was "bad", it was quite fair. Each exam can have heavy concepts or heavy calculation or a mix, so no one knows what you will get on your exam. Best prepare for both, use TBR (heavily) and EK (moderately) and AAMC (HEAVILY).

Reactions: 1 user