All Branch Topic (ABT) The purple tide is rising

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

militaryPHYS

Ortho Staff
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Langley surgical team goes 'purple' | Health.mil

I came across this article via a tweet from ADM Bono (DHA Director). Her last line read "Integration is key".

We all know/assume consolidation of MilMed and DHA takeover means more integration, but I hadn't seen "purple" used much since WRNMMC.

I recommend following her if you all use Twitter.

Members don't see this ad.

"Lt. Cmdr. Jardine's line unit pulled her out of the case at the 1 hours mark so that she could be at formation and do a fun run. She returned the following day to complete the surgery."

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I recommend following her if you all use Twitter.

Or I could follow 'Metalhead Zone', which is currently tweeting rumors about a potential Van Halen reunion, which is far more important (and far more reliable).

Langley isn't going purple, it's going dead in the water....it's hardly a healthcare facility these days.

Reactions: 2 users
At least in my specialty, there was a great deal of conflict over shared call, etc. The Navy peeps at NMCP definitely weren't feeling the love last I heard.

Or I could follow 'Metalhead Zone', which is currently tweeting rumors about a potential Van Halen reunion, which is far more important (and far more reliable).

Langley isn't going purple, it's going dead in the water....it's hardly a healthcare facility these days.

Hopefully they hire some cardiologists to attend the reunion. High likelihood of multiple on-stage MI's.

Air Force Maj. Mandy Giffin, Surgical Operations Squadron operating room nurse was however especially upset when she was told Army Spc. Travona Parker, Specialty Care Unit surgical technician was being pulled out of the case at the last minute for remedial PT. MAJ Giffin was later quoted, "Why does army insist that she needs to run that last, extra half mile?"

Reactions: 1 users
“It’s become so efficient that at this point, I don’t even think twice about it.”

Said no one in MHS....ever