The Question You Dread

About the Ads

Howard Roark

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 16, 2004
    Hello,

I started out trying to use a ton of books, but by the end I was using just FIRST AID plus whatever i wrote in the margins from the other books i used. I would suggest only using other books apart from FIRST AID when u are reviewing a subject that u don't understand/know very well. But if you feel fairly comfortable with a subject stick with FIRST AID. Plus, of course, do as many questions as you can (ie kaplan, usmle, books, etc). I think the questions are very very important. I ended up scoring fairly well but (well above the national average (217 I think) and a good bit above my school's average (227)). Good luck to all. I know I did not offer and miracles or anything but I figured one more opinion couldnt hurt.

on second thought....you might need an additional book on behavioral science. I dont remember FIRST AID covering that very well...and those are easy questions that you dont want to throw away.

azzarah

sleepy!
    10+ Year Member
    15+ Year Member
    Jul 19, 2003
    1. Attending Physician
      futuredo32 said:
      Did you use "just" First Aid?
      I went through FA & made flashcards for everything in there and then memorized all the flashcards (this is not as easy to do as one might think). also concurrently did 10% of Qbank so I could get used to taking a computer test.

About the Ads
      This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
      2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
      5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
      6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      7. This thread is locked.