the re-application process

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharmacytechguy

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm planning on applying after I graduate. I also plan on doing a one year Masters after undergrad during the year gap. There are reasons for this.

Lets say I do not get accepted the first time around (I hope this will not be the case).

when ppl reapply...is it common to use some of the same LORS again?? Of course, personal statements etc are updated...

Members don't see this ad.

Some of the same LORs would be ok, but having a couple solid updated ones would show progress and achievement in your post-bacc and gap year. This would look stronger than reusing all your letters, but it is not an absolute necessity.

sure it's not an absolute necessity.. but i would treat it as if it were. if you don't get in the first time around, there's probably a good reason you didn't get in. and all adcoms want to know that progress has been made from the first time you applied. even if the only reason was PURELY academic, schools want to know that you are still pursuing medical exposure outside of just the classroom. if you don't have anything significant enough that you can't get a new LOR, you need to do something more.

you can have some old.. but new or updated LOR's are "recommended."