The reason why I chose Podiatry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

boothorp

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
The reason I chose Podiatry...

was looking into Orthopedics.. shadowed a few doctors and I didn't like that patients only choice was to go ahead with surgery. Because we all know surgery fixes everything...

I chose Pod because I have had a great experience with the 3 pods I have shadowed and they never mention surgery unless it's completely necessary or patient's option. AND I also just loved the atmosphere and procedures.. My mother has been plagued with health problems and I have seen all these "necessary" surgeries do not so wonderful things... and I love my mom :)..

why did you choose pod?

Members don't see this ad.

Good stuff. If I choose pod, it'll be because 1.) i'm simply attracted to the total package that podiatry has to offer - i view the existence of pod school, alone, as a great opportunity to truly specialize in something... it's really an opportunity that is unmatched in medicine, except by maybe dentistry. 2) foot problems really plague people, so an opportunity to really help people 3) foot problems are on the rise. And 4) money, so an opportunity to really make a lot of money. If you wanna help people, why not podiatry??

today in orientation one of the docs told us to give this response when our fellow DMU DO's ask why podiatry..."because I didnt get in MD school either."

Members don't see this ad :)
today in orientation one of the docs told us to give this response when our fellow DMU DO's ask why podiatry..."because I didnt get in MD school either."

Thats pretty good, I laughed when I read that.

Why not just say, "Well I prefer feet over rectal exams and checking for hernias or testicular cancer."

Haha, I hope I get into pod school. I want Scholl or DMU so if I meet you there we'll think of some other sarcastic comments.