The Rejections Keep Coming

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LP1CW

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well, I'm rejected at Tufts. And yes, I'm already in at a school that I want. But the rejections still bother me. Why do I care? I knew that it was impossible to get into every school, but still the same I hate rejection.

I hate the fact that it cost so much. I hate the fact that so many of us are piling up these rejections. And I hate that some of us aren't even in yet. This is a draining process. But I'm off to celebrate that I am in.

Members don't see this ad.

Yup, I got another rejection yesterday. I'm in too, but now they don't bother me. Initially, I felt down for a bit. But it's the process. We're all going through this. Think about how people that aren't in yet feel. I truly hope that it works out for all of us; although, we know that it won't.

The process does feel random.

I don't even open them anymore. Small envelope -> directly to recycle bin.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm also numb to rejections now. But waitlists are still something, ain't they?

Gotta echo all of those sentiments. Screw AdComs eighty times, and the horse they rode in on. The flaming bastards! ARRGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

This process sort of sucks a wee bit.

Well, I got one from a school that I interviewed at. They placed me on hold for 7 months (I was one of the first interviews) and I even sent updated files and did phone calls to them. This month they rejected me. Its my first post interview rejection and I think that sucks a little more than just not getting an invite.

I win, on friday I got 3 rejections! feel the love . . .

I hear ya... I'm sitting on two waitlists (read: dragged-out rejection), and i'm pretty certain that I have another one coming. *sigh*.... it really makes me wonder just how adcoms make their decisions.... very frustrating to say the least! +pissed+ +pissed+

My rejections have been raining in recently (USC, Tufts, Loyola, Creighton, NJMS, Cincy). The only school I'm still waiting on post-secondary is Jefferson. Anybody know what is going on with them? Are they still reviewing applications and sending out interview invites or did they just forget to send me my rejection letter?

Originally posted by nrosigh

you might want to open those small envelopes, lest some of them be holding acceptances. glad to hear that you recycle though :)

Originally posted by quideam
I hear ya... I'm sitting on two waitlists (read: dragged-out rejection), and i'm pretty certain that I have another one coming. *sigh*.... it really makes me wonder just how adcoms make their decisions.... very frustrating to say the least! +pissed+ +pissed+

You'll be fine! Yale WILL accept you...if they don't, it's THEIR loss. Your rock, anywayz... :)

-Harps

Tell me about it! I've gotten 6 rejections in a row now, all within a span of a month! To top that off, I'm on waitlisted/held/high prioritied/acceptable pooled at 4 schools.

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by size_tens
My rejections have been raining in recently (USC, Tufts, Loyola, Creighton, NJMS, Cincy). The only school I'm still waiting on post-secondary is Jefferson. Anybody know what is going on with them? Are they still reviewing applications and sending out interview invites or did they just forget to send me my rejection letter?

yeah, i've heard zip from jefferson post-sec. and about 5 or 6 other schools.

i'm also expecting a tufts rejection any day now... thought it would've reached cali but guess it's just taking its time.

although i'm not in anywhere yet, in a way, i appreciate the rejections... reduces the number of status pages that i can neurotically check every other day...

Originally posted by spaz

although i'm not in anywhere yet, in a way, i appreciate the rejections... reduces the number of status pages that i can neurotically check every other day... [/B]

I know what you mean, every time I get a new rejection, I delete the link to their webpage from my Favorites Folder.

I came to realize that the only acceptances that you can sure of are the ones you're holding in your hands (I don't trust status page, even phone calls anymore...Someone got a phone call from a NYU student congratulating his acceptance but it turned out that it was an error).

I hate this process, but at least it's almost over.

Now that I know for sure where I am going, I love getting the rejection letters.

At the end of the year, we throw a big rejection party and every letter equals a free drink!

:clap:

Originally posted by nrosigh

Hehe, thats pretty darn foolish. My UCSD and UMiami acceptances came in small envelopes. All of my waitlist info came in small envelopes.

Originally posted by DoctorKevin
Hehe, thats pretty darn foolish. My UCSD and UMiami acceptances came in small envelopes. All of my waitlist info came in small envelopes.

I concur with the Berkeleyan who posted above me...you should at least open the envelope and confirm that it's a rejection before it gets tossed.

i like getting rejections now that i know that i am.

everyday i wish they would send them out faster since i dont want to email a bunch of schools telling them i want to withdraw my application.

just this week alone i got tufts, creighton, u of cinci, usc...

4 more schools i dont have to notify :D

Ah yes, I remember the feeling of the good ol' rejection letter. I applied to so many programs that it started getting a little numb after a while.

Originally posted by size_tens

I don't even think Jefferson reviewed my application. After not "completing" my application until mid to late January (w/ all my letters there since early Dec), I haven't heard. Not very late-applicant friendly.

My favorite rejection letter is from Northwestern. After submitting the primary, I changed my mind about Northwestern and didn't fill out the secondary for the school. It was a nice touch that they still took the time out to send me a rejection letter. Like I didn't know

My favorite application incident was trying to apply to Un. of Minnesota. So I get the letter saying to please complete the secondary and here's the password to get online. I have two weeks to do it. I go online, password does not work. I email them, they take a week to get back to me, say its fixed. I try again, still doesn't work. I email them AGAIN, and they don't respond until a week after the deadline (still didn't work). I abandon it . . . three weeks ago I receive and email saying I never completed the secondary and since it is past the deadline my application is considered incomplete. But wait there is more!! They told me to send them a letter withdrawing my application or else I would be rejection (uhhh, DUH!). Freaks, absolute freaks.

There was something sort of sick about the schools that rejected me BOTH by E-mail and by Snailmail. Bah humbug.

I think they should just send a singing messenger to your doorstep.

Fa la la la la la... you're rejeh eh eh.... cted!!!! oh, la la la la!

And maybe phone you at six in the morning just to make sure you get the message.

I remember receiving my pre-interview rejection letter from Baylor after I had been accepted to my two top choice schools. I just thought, "Screw you, I didn't want to move to Texas anyway".

March is definitely rejection month for me as well...and the sad thing is, I have no acceptances yet. I've gone to 4 interviews and 1 more coming up 2 weeks from now. Still waiting and waiting and waiting...and these rejection letters are really depressing.....I must have gotten 10 rejection letters this month...SIGH

sharsky -- just curious, were you a late applicant? I'm curious how much effect lateness has on an app, and if people should just forget about applying if the app is not complete by November.

My funniest rejection was where I applied to UWash (in Seattle.) They sent me a nice letter reminding me that New Jersey is not in the Northwest. I don't know what I was thinking...

Regarding Jeff, I got an interview request on 2/17 (which was a long time after my app was complete), and they have interview dates on 3/31 and 4/7. I'm not sure if they are done offering interviews yet. I believe Jeff's adcom is on spring break this week.

hey pjm,
yes i am late applicant and i am paying for it now...ugh. i completed 2ndaries mid-november, some even in december. it's funny because i didn't send out my temple univ application fee until mid-december because i wasn't sure if i wanted to apply there. good thing i did send out that check because i got an interview there!
so yes, applying early really makes a huge difference i think.

At first it hurt, but now I am just collecting and waiting so I can get some closure...so you don't have to worry about it anymore..

I will keep them and hold them until I get in ..........ONE DAY:thumbup:

I've been collecting them for posterity also...all of my rejections are posted prominently on my fridge. They serve as a reminder of all of the excellent institutions that missed their chance!

I recently withdrew from UCI to prevent a preinterview rejection. :smuggrin: