joanofarc0907

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 6, 2006
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Any one else feel like a weight is lifted every time they hit submit??

Three more down....three that will wait until after I get back from the beach the 24th, and 6 more I'm still waiting to recieve.

How is everyone else doing?:luck:

yolony

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 20, 2006
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
joanofarc0907 said:

Three more down....three that will wait until after I get back from the beach the 24th, and 6 more I'm still waiting to recieve.

3 done, 2 on the verge of done, waiting for the rest and 1 that I'm putting off for now..

For me, Stonybrook's essay question really requires some thought.

iceman77_7

10+ Year Member
Apr 15, 2006
Status
Medical Student
joanofarc0907 said:

Heh, 3 down, just 24 more to go... I still get paranoid right before submitting cuz I'm worried about little mistakes.

OP
joanofarc0907

joanofarc0907

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 6, 2006
Status
Resident [Any Field]
iceman77_7 said:
Heh, 3 down, just 24 more to go... I still get paranoid right before submitting cuz I'm worried about little mistakes.

I do too. Its so final But I have 6 down, 3 more I am going to leave until after my vacation and then 6 more that I have yet to receive.

OP
joanofarc0907

joanofarc0907

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 6, 2006
Status
Resident [Any Field]
DR. EUGENIC said:
WHEN do you think is the last date secondaries should be submitted for a good chance to interview?

I'm not sure...when you think about it there are tons of people who don't have the secondaries yet, many who haven't even verified AMCAS, and even more who haven't even taken the MCAT (all you August kids). So when it comes down to it, I think that anything before September is awesome, but I don't think sending them before Sept 1st is the end all be all of your application. I know for a fact people have applied really late and still gotten interviews. Really I think it depends on the school.

But then again, what do I know...I'm just a first time applicant after all.

theaggie07

10+ Year Member
May 29, 2006
sweltering Texas
Status
Pre-Medical
I submitted 4 of mine today!! Whoo hoo! Only 4 possible secondaries left, and I'm not sure those schools have even started sending them out anyway. At any rate, they will have to wait til the 25th because I will be out of the country and in a place where it's in the 70s and not the 100s!!!!!!!!!!!

jstuds_66

Free cat to a good home
10+ Year Member
Apr 24, 2006
USA
Status
Attending Physician
Robizzle said:
12 down 15 to go that haven't been put on the web yet. :)
I guess I applied t othe slacker schools. I've only received 1!!! I submitted it 2 weeks ago. I got to email acknowledgements, but that's it!!! Come on schools!!! I really want to understand that feeling of relief that you guys are talking about.

rajad10

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 7, 2004
Status
Medical Student
1 down, 0 to go....feels great

Robizzle

1K Member
10+ Year Member
May 28, 2006
Boston & NYC
Status
Medical Student
jstuds_66 said:
I guess I applied t othe slacker schools. I've only received 1!!! I submitted it 2 weeks ago. I got to email acknowledgements, but that's it!!! Come on schools!!! I really want to understand that feeling of relief that you guys are talking about.
yea just make sure that some of your schools don't have their secondaries on their websites already and expect u to find em yourself!

shantster

Eye protection!
10+ Year Member
Feb 10, 2005
Wherever life takes me...
Status
Resident [Any Field]
jstuds_66 said:
I felt like that for a while since I wasn't getting any. Now, I have three (all with essays!) that are waiting for me to complete. Sadly though, I don't really have time until the weekend and then I don't want to do them all weekend.

Shejeboshease

10+ Year Member
Jan 8, 2006
Status
shantster said:
I felt like that for a while since I wasn't getting any. Now, I have three (all with essays!) that are waiting for me to complete. Sadly though, I don't really have time until the weekend and then I don't want to do them all weekend.
did anyone send out secondaries before being verified by AMCAS? GW sends out secondary pretty early, but i'm not sure if I should submit secondary since i'm not verified yet.

booswim542

Walkin' on Sunshine
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 4, 2006
East coast-ish
Status
Medical Student
YAY! Just sent in secondary number 10.....only 7 more to go!

(By the way...My bank account hates me)

It feels really good being more than halfway done.

OP
joanofarc0907

joanofarc0907

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 6, 2006
Status
Resident [Any Field]
booswim542 said:
YAY! Just sent in secondary number 10.....only 7 more to go!

(By the way...My bank account hates me)

It feels really good being more than halfway done.

Oh man do I know that feeling...480 dollars later.....and still 9 secondaries to go? geeze I'll be broke by the end of this. And then get to kill my savings with interviews!!

morganlefay

hanging in there
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Aug 18, 2004
miami, FL
Status
Medical Student
I've got about 7 secons. I'm working on, and my AMCAS isnt even verified yet. I submitted it on 7/7.. and really wondering what's taking so long given they have both my transcripts already. What does one think about submitting seconds. when the primary isn't verified? I suppose if the schools didn't want them now, they wouldn't have sent out the link... but still...
Anyway... almost 7 down, 17 to go! Yep, I did go a little overboard. :p