The Republic of Texas Thread - Part III - Where the West begins!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't believe that neither UTH nor UTSA has had the courtesy to send us some sort of communication...or have they? Anyone get anything yet?

Members don't see this ad.

This ep already blows.

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH

i received an email regarding WL from UTSW as well :love:
at least there's some glimpse of hope wink wink
so i'm still wondering if the emails were sent to everyone they've interviewed.
nehow gotta keep on praying...
we can do this guys!

No, Falco2525 didn't get one.

Members don't see this ad :)
how is meredith still alive

is she just bobbing up and down, taking a breath and then sinking again?

i hate her

Lets race to who get the 1000th post here.:smuggrin:

I hope Meredith dies.

Hey admins when you close this thread I just request that you use one of the titles we came up with.

The walker texas ranger one or maybe the one on empire strikes back? or the tuck fexas one, that caused several members to enter their own little fantasies
SHE BETTER DIE

Yesssss!! Chicken fried steak is the best! I used to eat it at Denny's in the Midwest, but funny, I never eat it here in TX.

Again, totally off-topic, but about Texan musicians...I once heard a guy on the radio or TV (can't remember which) get mixed up and say, "Dixie's Child and Destinty Chicks!" :laugh: It's not really that funny, but for some reason, I laughed for a long time.

:laugh:

I'm such a dork.

I guess we're both dorks.

So anticlimactic

I thought it was going to be a world disaster or like a terrorist thing or something

turns out to be a boat on fire...

So anticlimactic

I thought it was going to be a world disaster or like a terrorist thing or something

they already did ebola and some toxic patient, what else are they going to have? the first outbreak of smallpox in 30 years?

So anticlimactic

It took me a few minutes to figure out you were talking about Grey's Anatomy. All I know is what I see from previews and what I overhear from people's conversations on Friday.

i did not get the waitlist email from UTSW...I guess this means I should expect a rejection soon

I'm sorry Falco... hope its a glitch

look at the bright side you got into... priztker holy **** id fight a live bull for that

Members don't see this ad :)
a lot of hard work.

I dunno, I'm kinda surprised it's that high, too.

Actually, you joined on 01-01-07 (I'm nosy), so it's been longer than a month. Besides, although I joined in Dec., I just started posting the other day, and I'm not that far behind you. :D

they already did ebola and some toxic patient, what else are they going to have? the first outbreak of smallpox in 30 years?

well they kept saying it was going to be a huge event... a huge 3 ep event

granted an accident like that would be tragic. but the way they built it up I thought it was going to be like the apocalypse

well they kept saying it was going to be a huge event... a huge 3 ep event

granted an accident like that would be tragic. but the way they built it up I thought it was going to be like the apocalypse
oh I know. I'm just disillusioned with this show. the crap they have is so unrealistic. I wouldn't be surprised if they did have the apocalypse, and Dr Grey and Dr Shepard ride on a space shuttle to Mars where they treat sick aliens who decide to have sex with all the attendings instead of destroying Earth.

pleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleaseplease

oh I know. I'm just disillusioned with this show. the crap they have is so unrealistic. I wouldn't be surprised if they did have the apocalypse, and Dr Grey and Dr Shepard ride on a space shuttle to Mars where they treat sick aliens who decide to have sex with all the attendings instead of destroying Earth.

as long as they are hot, i dont care

it would be our generation's version of william shatner seducing green women

Yeah, I didn't get the UTSW email either. Looks like i'm going to UVA next year unless I get a miracle from Emory next month. I'll be freeing up a UTSA spot shortly. Maybe i'll be able to do an away rotation somwhere in Texas...

Actually, you joined on 01-01-07 (I'm nosy), so it's been longer than a month. Besides, although I joined in Dec., I just started posting the other day, and I'm not that far behind you. :D
I stopped posting for a week or two. I dunno, I like to give my opinion on everything. Even the "What are my chances?" threads. Everyone wants a response.

I like your cat avatar.

I like your cat avatar.

Thanks...I got it from another poster yesterday. He said something mean (troll-like actually), and then I said something harsh back, and then he posted the kitty pic to win my forgiveness. It worked.:D He's forgiven, and I have a new avatar. :)

Thanks...I got it from another poster yesterday. He said something mean (troll-like actually), and then I said something harsh back, and then he posted the kitty pic to win my forgiveness. It worked.:D He's forgiven, and I have a new avatar. :)

i totally thought it was a hamster

Sorry to disappoint... but we all know she won't die. The show wouldn't be able to go on....

That's what I don't like about it, it's too predictable... at least use someone else.... that it might actually happen to.

Oh wow the moment with mcsteamy and mcdreamy

that wwas powerful

so powerful

Hahaha :laugh: I was talking to my mom a few mins ago, and said that she had to hurry and go back in and watch Grey's Anatomy "b/c the nicest character on there might die." Guess who's my mom's fave character... yep, Meredith. :smuggrin: Did she die?

and lo as i walk thru the valley of the shadow of death

that was just f****d up on greys

no no no no no no no nono near death experience time

that only means shes going to survive next week. these damn shows do near death experience so that characters learn something and then they wake up and have a scrooge moment

and lo as i walk thru the valley of the shadow of death

...I take a look at my life and realize there's nothing left. 'Cause I been blastin' and laughin' so long that even my momma thinks that my mind is gone! :laugh: Anyone old enough to remember that song?

She'll wake up... says she saw Denny.... blah blah...

no no no no no no no nono near death experience time

that only means shes going to survive next week. these damn shows do near death experience so that characters learn something and then they wake up and have a scrooge moment
i don't care, i have a week to enjoy her death

Sorry to all those who didn't match. One of my best friends is there with y'all: 34+ MCAT, High GPA, great EC's, TONS of research/papers, applying MD/PhD...and got in nowhere. The system just sucked this year.

Scanning a few pages back, I noticed some people who were doubting Dr. Kellaway's sincerity. Trust me, I really doubt that she was lying to you when she said that she expected spots to be open in the match. I think all the schools were just got swamped with acceptances to pre-match offers way more than they anticipated. And I'll add that I was shadowing her in clinic this morning, and she was really distracted by responding to various match issues. Not just that, but she seemed really sad, 'cause she is a very compassionate person. Now I understand what was bringing her down. I promise y'all that she feels terrible about how things turned out.

As one final note, I'll add that at UTH at least, it seems like the increased applicant pool and pre-match system really led to more competition. Our accepted students averaged a 31 MCAT, over two full points higher than last year. While I think part of that had to do with the school marketing itself better, the majority of it seems like it was from more competition.

Good luck to all on waitlists. As painful as it is to hear, just hang in there—I have good friends who got accepted in June/July.

LOL they brought the bomb squad guy back.

Oh, all you Grey's people...I was watching The OC. I can't believe next week is the last episode! I'm gonna cry...

Thank you for posting. So there IS going to be a waitlist at UTH?

Of course there is going to be a waitlist. There is no way for a school to know 100% the number of accepted students who will actually attend the school. That is why they always give out more acceptances than the number of places they have, but not too much so that they will have an over-full class. Some schools have gotten it down to a science, but nevertheless, it is imperfect and therefore requires a waitlist. A waitlist allows them to over-accept and still have a pool of applicants to draw from when the number of accepted students choosing to go to another schools decreases the class size to below full.

Of course there is going to be a waitlist. There is no way for a school to know 100% the number of accepted students who will actually attend the school. That is why they always give out more acceptances than the number of places they have, but not too much so that they will have an over-full class. Some schools have gotten it down to a science, but nevertheless, it is imperfect and therefore requires a waitlist. A waitlist allows them to over-accept and still have a pool of applicants to draw from when the number of accepted students choosing to go to another schools decreases the class size to below full.

I could be wrong (I hope so), but it seems like EVERYONE wanted to go to either UTH or UTSW, so I wouldn't expect a lot of movement on the UTH list. :(

I could be wrong (I hope so), but it seems like EVERYONE wanted to go to either UTH or UTSW, so I wouldn't expect a lot of movement on the UTH list. :(

I'm not sure about UTH, but I know for UTSW, a lot of students may choose Baylor and other top OOS schools. UTSW stated in its letter that it has given out 265 acceptances thus far. Last year, they gave out 401, according to their letter. If you do the math, it's clear that there's a lot of movement. I'd imagine the same may be true for UTH.

Status
Not open for further replies.