The Republic of Texas Thread - Part V - Where Everything Is Bigger and Better

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
YAY I just bought a wii today!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
congrats! i love my wii. wish they'd hurry up with more games though... you can only play so many tennis sets. ;)

There is a really fun surgery game thing that I got. Its fun, though of course not realistic. :)

Hey, does anyone think that this week is the week that Southwestern will let us know where we stand on the waitlist? I recall them saying something about letting us know in a few weeks from the time we received the waitlist e-mail.

Hey, does anyone think that this week is the week that Southwestern will let us know where we stand on the waitlist? I recall them saying something about letting us know in a few weeks from the time we received the waitlist e-mail.

I've been curious about that too. The email did make it seem like they would let us know......:confused:

edit: UTH is just now getting around to finalizing their waitlist so I would definitely think UTSW would be getting around to letting us know where we stand.

I hope so. I feel like this whole waitlist thing is just a lie. A last glimmer of hope before the dark, violent, drowning rejection! It is bad enough that they rejected us, but now they give us false hope and basically try to hold up our life. I feel like i cannot move on to applying for jobs/search for programs for next year just because I still have hopes that I might get in. But then again, what is the probability that I'll make through waitlist anyways? I am so pissed off...

YAY I just bought a wii today!

wii is awesome... I was a little dissappointed to find out that when serving in tennis, it is all about timing and not how hard you can swing that remote though.

I hope so. I feel like this whole waitlist thing is just a lie. A last glimmer of hope before the dark, violent, drowning rejection! It is bad enough that they rejected us, but now they give us false hope and basically try to hold up our life. I feel like i cannot move on to applying for jobs/search for programs for next year just because I still have hopes that I might get in. But then again, what is the probability that I'll make through waitlist anyways? I am so pissed off...

Hey, don't feel so down. I do agree with you that by giving out all of its spots before the Match, they were sort of giving us a false sense of hope that we had a chance of being accepted through the traditional Match system. But remember that the e-mail said that last year Southwestern had to give out 401 acceptances to fill its class. So far, they've only given out 265. There's still 136 spots according to last year's data! And I'm not sure of this, but if you're on other Texas waitlists, there's a good chance you'll get in somewhere. Keep your head up.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey, don't feel so down. I do agree with you that by giving out all of its spots before the Match, they were sort of giving us a false sense of hope that we had a chance of being accepted through the traditional Match system. But remember that the e-mail said that last year Southwestern had to give out 401 acceptances to fill its class. So far, they've only given out 265. There's still 136 spots according to last year's data! And I'm not sure of this, but if you're on other Texas waitlists, there's a good chance you'll get in somewhere. Keep your head up.

Yeah but I can't help but feel that trevagandalf might be right, every bit of this cycle was a disappointment for the majority, wouldnt' be surprised if the UTSW waitlist was no different.

Haven't been around recently, for those of you that keep track of my physical health, the stomach virus is pretty much gone, but I severely twisted my knee and I was put on crutches and wraps so not very mobile enough to get to a computer...

If it's not one thing its another =/

Ugh - I hope you feel better :)

Hey guys - if you could weigh in on the question I posed in the FAQ thread I'd appreciate it. I'm collecting answers to "Should I apply OOS?" basically.

*bump*:D

any last semester seniors out there? do yall even care about school anymore?

i sure don't haha.... only two more months.....gaaaah..

Hey dudes

Any words/rumors/facts on WL movement (either here or from any of your friends @ TX schools??)

*bump*:D

any last semester seniors out there? do yall even care about school anymore?

i sure don't haha.... only two more months.....gaaaah..

I'm using all of my energy to continue caring. It is SO hard though! I think I need to begin a countdown. I have to say though, I am really sad to leave undergrad. I have really loved being at A&M, the classes, the people, the clubs, my sorority, just everything. I can't imagine a better school for me. And once I'm done here, I might have to be responsible. :scared: ;) I think I will make a countdown to the graduation like the one FDH made for the Ides of February. Plus I have to keep my grades up anyway. I'm just over the Summa Cum Laude mark and I want to stay that way. :)

Hey dudes

Any words/rumors/facts on WL movement (either here or from any of your friends @ TX schools??)

2 people have posted on the UTH website saying they were called off the waitlist

You can email/ call Tiffany Reyes at UTH to find out if you are on the waitlist.

Maybe they are trying to make their website compatible with Windows 95. Updatin' to the 90's baby!

I emailed Tiffany at UTH....she replied like in 10 min.! sadly, she said "i do not appear to be on the waiting list." well that ruins my day! :( :( :(

holden, I checked out entourage. That show is great.

Awesome.

Season 3 starts April 8th. It will be 20 episodes long. They are already filming season 4. Can't wait.

Good luck VanNostran.

I just emailed Tiffany as well, lol :laugh: Hope we hear good news, DrVan. :luck:

I emailed Tiffany at UTH....she replied like in 10 min.! sadly, she said "i do not appear to be on the waiting list." well that ruins my day! :( :( :(

Same for me :( :( :( :( :(

Time to officially study for the MCAT, no more hope left :(

Same for me :( :( :( :( :(

Time to officially study for the MCAT, no more hope left :(

Aw, I'm sorry :( I just called UTSA, no alternate list for me...sigh. With my luck I won't be on Houston's either. :mad:

Nope :( :( :( :( :(

What a terrible day.

C'mon UTSW and UTMB, you are my only hope! (man, that makes me want to watch star wars :laugh: )

Nope :( :( :( :( :(

What a terrible day.

C'mon UTSW and UTMB, you are my only hope! (man, that makes me want to watch star wars :laugh: )

omg, im really sorry. I really thought you would get the WL from UTH :(

What a crappy day for all of us :( :( :(

I'm really sorry this is turning out to be a crappy day :( silly waitlists

Keep on truckin' guys. Better days are ahead.

Will one of you UT Houstoners or TCOMers who got on the waitlist check out the sticky thread Anastasis has and add your thoughts to my post. Also, if you have thoughts on UTSW waitlist that I didn't put in, please add it.

Thanks.

Just and FYI, got a Baylor rejection in the mail....didn't interview there though

bumpity bump bump

ditto to the baylor rejection. (wasn't interviewed) eh. at least they said something..

i did LOL at the mailing label being printed by one of those old dot matrix printers.. come on now baylor, surely you should have gone laser by now :D

I got my UTH rejection today. Seriously, why do they even bother at this point. They never acknowledged even receiving my application, and do they really think I am clueless about how the match works, etc? Does anybody really think that they will get an interview after the match?

I got my UTH rejection today. Seriously, why do they even bother at this point. They never acknowledged even receiving my application, and do they really think I am clueless about how the match works, etc? Does anybody really think that they will get an interview after the match?

Yes, I got that one, too. It seemed a little gratuitous.

Mmmmm...given that I didn't interview at Houston I probably should expect the same. As if I didn't know already they had rejected me. :rolleyes:

got my UTH rejection over the weekend too. fun stuff.

does anyone know whether an april 2004 MCAT score is still valid for next year's application cycle? i just need to know for TX schools since if i have to apply again, it'll only be to TX schools. i really hope it's still valid since at a 32, i probably have a good chance of going lower.

oh and BCM needs to start handing out aceptances so people with UTSW or UTH acceptances go there and then everyone moves up, i.e. ME!

does anyone know tiffany reyes' email off the top of their head? Because at these bad news, I feel so unmotivated to even find her email...

i got my san antonio and a&m rejection as well...what a waste of paper..if you didn't interview it's just obvious..it's just a slap in the face that's what it is..
anyways..i'm really sorry guys who didn't get on the waitlist.i agree today is a pretty crappy day..
but on the other hand..
i called wes norred today and found out that the rankings will not be coming out this week
no specific date was given to me as to when either..it's just that they are expecting baylor, duke, harvard to give out acceptances..and that will get the movement going...but i don't know why i feel it's going to be different this year...utsw did say that they usually give out ~450 acceptances..but this year all they have to worry about is keeping it to 230ish..so they are not going to overaccept people on the waitlist either...
but that's the news from utsw as of today..hang in there folks!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.