The Republic of Texas Thread - Part VI - The Legacy of Chuck Norris

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MonkeyNuts!

Even Kal has bad days...
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Continued from our recently closed Part V:
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=373464

I believe we were discussing the UTSW waitlist email before we went temporarily offline. I will also re-erect the flag at this point:

texas_flag.JPG

LONG LIVE THE REPUBLIC! May she fly free forever.

Members don't see this ad.

Long Live the Republic!

Yay! New thread, even better.

So...we had left off discussing the UTSW waitlist...

I'm a hardcore Texan and all, but all the flag pics just seem abit corny to me. :p

Members don't see this ad :)
NICE - I love the title :)

Did I ever mention I was in the background of a Walker Texas Ranger episode once? Ah - back in the day in DFW ;)

damn chuck norris is Texan too. :laugh:. now i really wish I was a texan.

Did I ever mention I was in the background of a Walker Texas Ranger episode once? Ah - back in the day in DFW ;)

Really!??! Did you see Chuck?

Also what shall we do if they reopen the other thread (which I bet they'll forget)? Just stick with this one? Or come back to it later?

Awsome, that makes you Uber-Cool by default. :p

Really!??! Did you see Chuck?

Also what shall we do if they reopen the other thread (which I bet they'll forget)? Just stick with this one? Or come back to it later?
From a distance, yes. It was uber badass :thumbup:

I vote for just leaving the old thread and moving on - this one has a way cooler name anyway :)

Any speculation on how much more UTSW movement we'll see (and when)?

(Figured moving back to the topic at hand couldn't hurt ;) )

From a distance, yes. It was uber badass :thumbup:

I vote for just leaving the old thread and moving on - this one has a way cooler name anyway :)
Im offended I made the last name up :mad:

Well I guess Im not texan so it couldnt of had been that cool :)

Hey, don't feed the troll. They might lock the thread again. :p

True, true.

I hereby apologize profusely to the holy golly moderators. It won't happen again.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think a decoder ring is in order. Id like the ones where you can blow into them and they'd make a nice whistling whirring sound. You know what Im talking about? No? ok i think ill back to my corner now :smuggrin: :laugh:

See if you computer dudes can figure this one out

On THIS computer, I can't log into ANY email address: yahoo, hotmail, my school... it comes up page not found when I go to the log in section of each site

However, every other website works just fine

On any other computer, those webmail sites load up fine and I can log into them.

WTF???

I cleared out all the history/cache/cookies and no dice

I tried firefox and IE

On THIS computer, I can't log into ANY email address: yahoo, hotmail, my school... it comes up page not found when I go to the log in section of each site

On any other computer, those webmail sites load up fine and I can log into them.

WTF???

I tried firefox and IE

That happened to me at a school computer the other day.

Try using another internet browser if you have one. I used Mozilla instead of IE and everything worked on Mozilla.

WTF???

I tried firefox and IE

Security settings? Try again?

UTSW 8 more today:eek: seems pretty good. I wonder how may of them were already accepted at another school and moved up

WTF???

I tried firefox and IE

I know this may sound dumb, have you tried turning off your cpu for 2-3 minutes then turning it back on? It worked for me before...i have the same problem every blue moon

I tried Mozilla Firefox and no dice (usually that or IE, one or the other, will work)

and not sure what security settings to try, but I did disable my firewall and try to get to the log in page... still no dice

:thumbdown:

I know this may sound dumb, have you tried turning off your cpu for 2-3 minutes then turning it back on? It worked for me before...i have the same problem every blue moon

will try. This computer is on like 24/7 so it can't hurt :oops:

bwahahhaha I just d/l'd the new version of Mozilla Firefox and now it won't connect to ANYTHING! :laugh: :laugh: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :mad: :mad:

bwahahhaha I just d/l'd the new version of Mozilla Firefox and now it won't connect to ANYTHING! :laugh: :laugh: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :mad: :mad:

Those northerners you go to school with are getty saavy about you posting on this thread and this is their retribution, muahhahahha

Just one more quick note, then I'll hit the road (no thread timeout this time ;)):

When I closed the previous thread, I didn't realize that folks were discussing a time-sensitive subject, and I underestimated the amount of time that had passed since any arguing. Thanks to the several of you who took a moment to explain the situation to me, and good luck to everyone. :)

Erage your thread name almost killed with with laughter, and then chuck finished the job with his roundhouse.

You know, there is no theory of evolution, just a list of creatures Chuck Norris allows to live!

Eternalrage sleeps with a pillow under his gun.

Chuck Norris always knows the exact location of Carmen San Diego. Always :D

Haha, so much for a new thread to continue our discussion of topics of the utmost importance :laugh:

Haha, so much for a new thread to continue our discussion of topics of the utmost importance :laugh:

shhhhh!! don't let chuck hear you!! ;)

I'd talk more about the waitlist but i don't have a lot more to say. The general forum is not a place to let it all out like i feel like doing :) But congrats to everyone! i'm glad we finally have a bit of knowledge if only from one school!

In the email they said that they had 401 acceptances last year and TMDSAS said there were only 295 and that both were correct and goes on to explain this... I don't quite understand. Is it that they gave out 401 acceptances during the match but only 295 were matched??? Is that it?

AH there it is. The disappointment that I was talking about. That every other part of the app cycle was filled with blah and that being optimistic about WL movement seemed kind of crazy given what's happened so far.

That last email stated something like "Last year we gave out 401 acceptances by the time school started." I guess I must have been really really hoping, to the point where rational thought went out the window, because I thought that would mean there would be 401-265 = 136 more offers made. That's outrageous and I'm totally stupid for thinking that... GOD I FEEL SO DUMB.

I was right about the disappointment but this time it was totally my fault for not thinking after reading the last email. I mourned after the match. Feels like I gotta mourn again.

Which makes me feel even dumber since now it looks like UTH and I should be happy I even got in at all, I guess this match/WL thing just put me on an emotional roller coaster worthy of an estrogen-coke trip.

I know some people go in to Baylor this past week but from the acceptance thread I'm thinking it's mostly OOS people.

I'm wondering when Baylor plans to have their class filled by.

Based on the email from Wes (bottom 1/3rd) , looks like I won't be getting off the waitlist @ UTSW. Anyone looking to buy a house in Dallas?

Twitch, I just keep thinking of you as Y_Marker. I can't think of you any other way, even when I see the word Twitch staring at me.

Now that I think about it, is it wise to be "baylormed" if I'm going to UTSW? A lot of people seem to think that's my username because of BCM. :idea:

So I'm being an intrusive stupid pants, but what does that 401 acceptances for UTSW mean?? I assumed it meant the extra people came from the waitlist, too, but I guess not. :confused:

Also, yes, I'm spatially challenged, but the flag just looks backwards to me. :)

So I'm being an intrusive stupid pants, but what does that 401 acceptances for UTSW mean?? I assumed it meant the extra people came from the waitlist, too, but I guess not. :confused:

Also, yes, I'm spatially challenged, but the flag just looks backwards to me. :)

Initially in a previous email UTSW mentioned that last year they gave out 401 acceptances by the time classes started. While this is true, they didn't elaborate that this was through the match, and that in actuality 293 people matched.

Is it just me or with the new rolling system isn't it best that people make sure they have their MCAT score back by August? It just seems to me that anything later would be an unnecessary handicap to your application.

Is it just me or with the new rolling system isn't it best that people make sure they have their MCAT score back by August? It just seems to me that anything later would be an unnecessary handicap to your application.

I completely agree. The latest people should take it is probably July, and earlier than that if possible.

lower third for me...well ****.

and now, my only hope is UTMB...sigh :(

Twitch, I just keep thinking of you as Y_Marker. I can't think of you any other way, even when I see the word Twitch staring at me.

Now that I think about it, is it wise to be "baylormed" if I'm going to UTSW? A lot of people seem to think that's my username because of BCM. :idea:

Every once in a while they have a sticky thread allowing you to change your s/n. So are you going to go for UTSWmed? What about residency - if you end up at a Baylor aff. (or someother) hospital or something.

Every once in a while they have a sticky thread allowing you to change your s/n. So are you going to go for UTSWmed? What about residency - if you end up at a Baylor aff. (or someother) hospital or something.

Haha :laugh: No, I think I'll keep my username as it is, I'm kind of attached to it by now. It would be weird to call myself anything else on SDN. :p

hmmm yeah. so bump

And its almost spring break! WHOOP! And my step sister made it onto the select basketball team! Double WHOOP!

So what's going on in everyone else's world?

Well for me, I'm waiting no longer on UTSW, turned all my attention to waiting for my MRI results.

Also I need to jump on all the UTH paperwork and get that in, I think I'll go fill it out now.

Initially in a previous email UTSW mentioned that last year they gave out 401 acceptances by the time classes started. While this is true, they didn't elaborate that this was through the match, and that in actuality 293 people matched.

I think I gotcha. So they made a few more offers in the match than they had places for I guess because some people didn't rank them #1? However, it sounds like they still took lots of people off the waitlist. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.