The Republic of Texas XXII: Because the Union Joined Texas

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bobsagat

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
cometakeit.jpg

May your schedules be full with interviews, and your inboxes overflow with acceptances. God Bless the whole world, but mostly Texas.

Members don't see this ad.

Any guesses as to how long it'll take us to fill up this one?

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone going to be interviewing at UT Houston on Friday?

Great luck at those interviews! I still can't believe how some people received an acceptance just days after their interview. That's awesome. :)

We, the people of the Union, are invading Texas!

Well, it would've been nice to have a fellow SDN poster there, but have a great interview!! :D

You too!!! :luck: You'll really enjoy it, they do whatever they can to make the day easy for you! Definitely bring comfy shoes for the awesome tour!!

Well, it would've been nice to have a fellow SDN poster there, but have a great interview!! :D

Well, in that case I'll just show up....

"What do you mean I'm not on your schedule? *tears* I swear I ....sniffle....got an interview invite....2....weeks....agoooo."

Members don't see this ad :)
You too!!! :luck: You'll really enjoy it, they do whatever they can to make the day easy for you! Definitely bring comfy shoes for the awesome tour!!

I was wondering about this and I'm glad you said that. The shoes I wear with my suit are cute, but not that comfortable. At the end of my first interview at Tech my feet were in considerable pain!

So, do people actually change shoes? I was just gonna tough it out, but if there is that much walking, I might take another pair of shoes.

Well, in that case I'll just show up....

"What do you mean I'm not on your schedule? *tears* I swear I ....sniffle....got an interview invite....2....weeks....agoooo."

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

I was wondering about this and I'm glad you said that. The shoes I wear with my suit are cute, but not that comfortable. At the end of my first interview at Tech my feet were in considerable pain!

So, do people actually change shoes? I was just gonna tough it out, but if there is that much walking, I might take another pair of shoes.

yes, all the girls (and some guys) changed shoes. very easy.

Yeah, a bunch of girls changed, and I kinda made fun of the girls that didn't, who were clearly in considerable pain :p

Thanks for the info ami and spurs. I think I will definitely change. :)

yes you'll definitely want to change!!! i haven't changed at any other interview, and i was kind of sad to because mine are also really cute and semi-comfy, but i was soooo glad. you walk A LOT.

People who applied early and havent got an interview yet take hope.
I was complete with TMDSAS on 6-9, and just Interview invite to UT-Houston (top choice) for 12-3!!!

People who applied early and havent got an interview yet take hope.
I was complete with TMDSAS on 6-9, and just Interview invite to UT-Houston (top choice) for 12-3!!!

Sweet! It's good to know there's still hope for another interview invite. :)

well that last thread did not last long haha. Congrats to every1 who matched, and GL to those who are still in the hunt!

Has anyone been able to find out for sure if UTHSCSA will send the next batch of offers out on 12/31 or will there be some sent out before then?

Has anyone been able to find out for sure if UTHSCSA will send the next batch of offers out on 12/31 or will there be some sent out before then?

Most of us that have called have been told 12/31. There's only one person I think who was told otherwise. If you hear anything different though, let me know, it'd be nice not to have to wait that long! :)

Most of us that have called have been told 12/31. There's only one person I think who was told otherwise. If you hear anything different though, let me know, it'd be nice not to have to wait that long! :)

If its 12/31, then the days are not passing by fast enough! :sleep:

If its 12/31, then the days are not passing by fast enough! :sleep:

No joke. It seems like most of the schools are going to be waiting til late December to send their next batches out...I don't like that one little bit. :rolleyes:

The very earliest that any substantial salvo could be possible is Dec. 5, which is the deadline most schools have given for deciding whether to decline/not decline an offer.

Also, mgirl, your avatar is hilarious. I looked up the story behind it... and they ripped the corner off the envelope with the "tip," delivered the letter... and LEFT ALL THE COINS ON THE LETTER.

Free postage. Postage FAIL.

Last edited:
Anyone get tech lubbocks packet yet? Trying to withdrawl asap.

So i'm really thankful that I got accepted to TCOM & Lubbock, but I have to wonder why my application was passed over at all of the UT schools (excluding southwester because i didn't apply there). My stats aren't amazing, but after being offered a pre-match twice I feel like i'm a really competitive applicant. Does anyone know if after this is all over if I can find out why they decided not to interview me? or will it always be a mystery? :rolleyes:

Also, has anyone received a packet from UTMB?

So i'm really thankful that I got accepted to TCOM & Lubbock, but I have to wonder why my application was passed over at all of the UT schools (excluding southwester because i didn't apply there). My stats aren't amazing, but after being offered a pre-match twice I feel like i'm a really competitive applicant. Does anyone know if after this is all over if I can find out why they decided not to interview me? or will it always be a mystery? :rolleyes:
I'm thinking of posting a thread soon about how to succeed as a re-applicant. Advice #1 would be: do a post-game follow up with as many schools as possible, even there's no official file review program and even if you didn't get an interview. I've heard of a few matriculants who have done this as well with schools where they weren't accepted or interviewed. So, yes, at some schools.

Also, mgirl, your avatar is hilarious. I looked up the story behind it... and they ripped the corner off the envelope with the "tip," delivered the letter... and LEFT ALL THE COINS ON THE LETTER.

Free postage. Postage FAIL.

Yeah isn't it great??? The 5 cent tip is what totally makes it! Failblog is my favorite! :laugh:

hmm...i may get it tomorrow. I used my home address so i have to rely on my parents to tell me about it, luckily they check the mail regularly.

The very earliest that any substantial salvo could be possible is Dec. 5, which is the deadline most schools have given for deciding whether to decline/not decline an offer.
Interesting, but what do you mean by decline/not decline an offer? I thought the deadline for pre-matchers to pare down their choices to one was mid-January? or do you mean there's an earlier date that pre-matchers have to at least confirm/acknowledge that they have an offer (and what they plan on doing with it at that time)?

Most schools that offered acceptances on november 14th want students to accept or decline by dec 5th. Most students accept all offered acceptances and make a choice by the jan 15th deadline

Most schools that offered acceptances on november 14th want students to accept or decline by dec 5th. Most students accept all offered acceptances and make a choice by the jan 15th deadline
Right, though "accepting" an acceptance just means you would like to hold onto it, not that you will end up going there. This threw me off at first.

Status
Not open for further replies.