The Republic of Texas XXII: Because the Union Joined Texas

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Your acceptances might be fakes. That happened to someone last year.

Just kidding.

No, actually, for real it happened last year.

You guys are seriously sick.

:p

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
That is pretty messed up :oops:

If I hadn't received my snail mail from A&M I may have very slightly believed y'all...

i received TCOM's today and i live in boston. haven't received anything from TTU-Lubbock or El-Paso. also, my three prematch offers are not showing up on TMDSAS.

this makes little sense to me. how does a person get tcom's packet in boston before someone in texas..... unless this person was accepted before the nov14th date (OOS)

Prayers can be answered!!!!!!! Just found out I will be receiving an interview from A&M! Even though it is late in the season, I am so thankful for just the opportunity to inteview. This has renewed my faith in my favorite phrase...."NEVER GIVE UP!"

Congratulations! With 3 interviews, your odds of getting in are good. Enjoy the interview!

this makes little sense to me. how does a person get tcom's packet in boston before someone in texas..... unless this person was accepted before the nov14th date (OOS)

i am an in-stater. i was called on friday, the 14th, by someone in the TCOM admissions office. they told me i had been accepted and confirmed my address. i guess it was mailed on friday. as soon as i get my other offical letters in the mail i will be declining TCOMs offer. so if you're waiting...there's one more TCOM spot opening up.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am glad the waiting is over. By God's grace, I have 2 in state acceptances (UTSW and A&M) and one out of state acceptance (Creighton). Thank God! WOOOO. Good luck to everyone else!

I am glad the waiting is over. By God's grace, I have 2 in state acceptances (UTSW and A&M) and one out of state acceptance (Creighton). Thank God! WOOOO. Good luck to everyone else!
Congrats. :thumbup:

none of my three acceptances are showing up. oh well, it doesnt matter :D

ive been so use to waking up everyday worrying about school/getting in that its been such a strange feeling for the past week to not have to do so.

My A&M and UTMB offers are showing on TMDSAS now...I guess we can accept all the offers on there right?

Having been a previous longtime lurker, I specifically came over to this year's thread to see if army had made it in.

congrats! I'm very happy for you, and I don't even know you.

My A&M and UTMB offers are showing on TMDSAS now...I guess we can accept all the offers on there right?

Actually on TMDSAS you can only accept one offer. I guess that must be the January 15th selection screen. I made the mistake of trying to accept all my offers on TMDSAS yesterday. We can accept all offers by mail to the schools though, right?

Swinging by for two reasons:

1. Congrats, folks.

2. For those of us still waiting in the wings, any thoughts on when A&M will send out another batch?

Hi, exi.

I don't know for sure, but based on the 12/5 notification deadline in acceptance letter, I bet it will be the 2nd week of December. Hang in there and God bless. I am pulling for you!

Blue skies indeed.

God, I've gotta go AFF it up soon...

Some schools give offer you a generous "computer" FA amount...enough to go AFF, here at least. Its probably counterintuitive to a lot of poeple, but it'd be a good investment in your sanity during med school, assuming your personality makes it through the admissions process without splitting....

I e-mailed Linda Prado yesterday and cancelled my Texas Tech - Lubbock interview in December. I just couldn't see attending that school over any of my pre-match offers. I have to say it's nice to turn the tables on the med schools now. Hopefully one of you guys waiting on Tech gets the interview slot.

ha you almost had me convinced they got above 0.500. :p

edit. i kid b/c i love. :)

Hmmm sorry, couldn't hear your hating over the sweet, sweet melody of the replays from last week's win over the Rockets playing :)

Also, I'm not sure if I mentioned it in this thread yet, but a seat at UTMB and El Paso should be opening up as soon as I get my physical acceptance letter from Baylor to prove it wasn't just a dream! I sure hope someone else here gets their med school dream realized by one of these slots that I'll be opening up (aggie08, wherever you are, I'm looking at you!). I'll also be withdrawing from all my other Texas schools except UTSW, which I'm still crossing my fingers for and consider pretty much dead even with Baylor if I get into both; in any case, that'll be one less person for you guys to compete with for those seats :)

Rockets are playing piss poor basketball.... luckily so is everyone else in the southwest division

I got my UTMB packet yesterday, too, and there was no "accept/decline" form. I have it all sent to my home address to make sure nothing gets lost (I live with 6 girls...things definitely get lost), so my mom just might not recognize it. Has anyone else had the same problem?

I got my UTMB packet yesterday, too, and there was no "accept/decline" form. I have it all sent to my home address to make sure nothing gets lost (I live with 6 girls...things definitely get lost), so my mom just might not recognize it. Has anyone else had the same problem?

I picked up what I thought was my letter from the mailbox yesterday. Turned out to be a hardcopy of the receptions invitation we received by email. Maybe that's what your mom got too.

So now that some of us have pre-match offers, any of you guys started declining/canceling interviews? I'm pretty satisfied with my pre-match offers and vow not to spend another dime on this process.

My packet only talked about the reception and said congrats I believe...

I'm going to call them on Monday to see if we have to accept the offer or is it just automatically accepted.

So now that some of us have pre-match offers, any of you guys started declining/canceling interviews? I'm pretty satisfied with my pre-match offers and vow not to spend another dime on this process.

Cancelled my Tech interview.

I have an interview in at UT-Houston in December and decided to go because I have an non-refundable plane ticket and am interested in the facilities because I have heard it is so great...

My interview packet says bring comfortable shoes for the tour- are people bring tennis shoes or just casual flats???

I have an interview in at UT-Houston in December and decided to go because I have an non-refundable plane ticket and am interested in the facilities because I have heard it is so great...

My interview packet says bring comfortable shoes for the tour- are people bring tennis shoes or just casual flats???

either is fine, when i went a lot of people were in flip flops but it's probably getting almost too cold for that now (as cold as houston will ever get anyway...)

but honestly at that point you're completely done with people judging you so you can wear whatever shoes you want :)

i wore casual flats, it seemed like that's what most of the girls did. either way, just BRING COMFY SHOES! you'll need them. :luck:

but honestly at that point you're completely done with people judging you so you can wear whatever shoes you want :)

This isn't entirely true, as some people have their tours of the campus in the morning BEFORE their interviews; furthermore, even though I had my interview in the morning, my tour group actually ran into my second interviewer later in the day! Also, you end the interview by meeting back up with Dr. Kelleway. So you DO still interact with people who will be judging you.

That said, I highly doubt anyone would blame you for wearing tennis shoes around the TMC! :) If it would make you uncomfortable to be seen in them, though, casual flats would be fine too.

My packet only talked about the reception and said congrats I believe...

I'm going to call them on Monday to see if we have to accept the offer or is it just automatically accepted.

I called yestarday inquiring about the deadline for accepting a pre-match offer from UTMB. She said that the deadline was January 15th, and that the acceptance packets are to be mailed sometime next week.

I called yestarday inquiring about the deadline for accepting a pre-match offer from UTMB. She said that the deadline was January 15th, and that the acceptance packets are to be mailed sometime next week.

Kaparoo I feel a connection with you, lol. I think we both had not heard anything on the 14th (it was getting close to 5pm) and were desperate for UTMB to save our day and UTMB did!

Status
Not open for further replies.