The Republic of Texas XXIII: Our State Can Beat Up Your State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Incidentally, this may be a LITTLE early... but next page will be the last one for this thread as we approach 1k posts. New thread names? Do we want something match-themed? Or should we hold off on starting a new thread until, say, day of the match?

The Republic of Texas XXIV: Texas > All. Game, set, match.

"The Republic of Texas XXIV: Striking Oil. Soon.( in reference to the match)

Members don't see this ad :)
The Republic of Texas XXIV: Sunny Beaches, Rolling Hills, and Armed-standoffs

Unrelated to the match, I know - but I couldn't help myself.

Has anyone here taken the LSAT? Or anyone else think they might want a JD in addition to an MD?

I know these are a bit stale, left over from a couple threads ago, and they have nothing to do with the match. But here.

Republic of Texas XXIV: Save a horse, ride a Texan
Republic of Texas XXIV: Curing the nation of sissies since 1845
Republic of Texas XXIV: NO income tax? NO problem!

The Republic of Texas XXIV: "Will be posted on February 1, 2009"

Has anyone here taken the LSAT? Or anyone else think they might want a JD in addition to an MD?

I think it sounds interesting and could see myself doing it at least education wise but im not sure how exactly i would use it or if I would like how i would use it. Plus the additional time and stress don't sound like fun right now. Tech has a joint MD/JD program where your MCAT scores substitute for LSAT, but thats the only program in Texas that I know of.

I think it sounds interesting and could see myself doing it at least education wise but im not sure how exactly i would use it or if I would like how i would use it. Plus the additional time and stress don't sound like fun right now. Tech has a joint MD/JD program where your MCAT scores substitute for LSAT, but thats the only program in Texas that I know of.
Yeah I looked a bit into their MD/JD program but decided against it and I've already committed to UTMB. If I decide to go for a JD after med school or residency I'd prefer to do it at UT. I've heard that the LSAT is much more of an IQ test than the MCAT and that studying isn't required if one has the innate ability. If that is true I'd like to take it and see how I fare. I was hoping someone could give me an idea of how it compared to the VR section of the MCAT.

I know these are a bit stale, left over from a couple threads ago, and they have nothing to do with the match. But here.

Republic of Texas XXIV: Save a horse, ride a Texan
Republic of Texas XXIV: Curing the nation of sissies since 1845
Republic of Texas XXIV: NO income tax? NO problem!
I still like save a horse, ride a Texan

Members don't see this ad :)
Defiance: :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

go see it.

...besides, we've got 304 hours to pass

Ooh. Being a bit of a newbie, it makes me antsy to take up one of the few and coveted last posts of this rather glorious thread...but:

But guys who say "hey babe" or "hey baby" to half the girls they know? They need to be punched in the mouth. :D

THIS IS MY PET PEEVE. Well said, sir. I always say that no one calls me "babe" unless we're having sexual relations, and even then, it's questionable.

I can't say I've looked a lot into this, but I did stumble upon an interesting article by an MD, JD about it when I was researching MD/MPH degrees. I have no opinion on it myself, but it's an interesting perspective to consider: http://www.pshrink.com/mdjd.html

Also: GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE! :luck: If anyone's especially nervous, PM me and I promise to mail you some non-poisoned good luck cookies to distract you (they might be experimental: my latest experiment is chocolate chip macadamia nut coconut cookies...and they are incredible).

Also: GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE! :luck: If anyone's especially nervous, PM me and I promise to mail you some non-poisoned good luck cookies to distract you (they might be experimental: my latest experiment is chocolate chip macadamia nut coconut cookies...and they are incredible).

Sounds tasty! However, I'm gonna go out on a limb and suggest we come up with a [shorter] name for them! =)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apMyjOAacyA]

Today we salute you...

Don't know if this has been posted yet and I am not looking through 20 pages to find out.

The sound you hear is Funkydrmonkey withdrawing his Tx offers as fast as he can:laugh:

Are you kidding me... this is hilarious! Plus, I went to elementary school in Texas so we had to learn all about the state bird and flower, and tree and stuff... This video was really funny:laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.