The Republic of Texas XXXII: Everything is better in the Lonestar State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Matched to TTL :) Congrats, everone!

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Matched to Texas Tech-El Paso!!!! I'm going to become an MD!!!! :grin:

Reactions: 5 users
Matched to TCOM! How do we know if we got rejected or waitlisted from our number 1?

Reactions: 2 users
Good luck in medical school everyone! While I did not match, I am not angry or bitter about it. You guys all deserve it. Hopefully next year will be my time. Take care. This is TXHopeful2014 signing off!!

Reactions: 3 users
Good luck in medical school everyone! While I did not match, I am not angry or bitter about it. You guys all deserve it. Hopefully next year will be my time. Take care. This is TXHopeful2014 signing off!!
Hey, don't throw in the towel too soon! All it takes is getting off one wait-list! Good luck!

Reactions: 1 users
Matched to TCOM! How do we know if we got rejected or waitlisted from our number 1?
It's my understanding you are automatically put on the waitlist for all schools you ranked higher than the one where you matched.

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats to everyone who matched! And I love the positive attitude of those who didn't.

Woohoo! Great! Congrats!
thank you! I'm rooting for you too! I know you have a few schools you're looking forward to hearing back from. I'm so happy that a lot of us were supportive for eachother this app year! congrats to all that matched!

It's my understanding you are automatically put on the waitlist for all schools you ranked higher than the one where you matched.
It isn't necessarily automatic for each school, as far as I know. Generally speaking, a school may waitlist you, may inform you that you are no longer being considered, or decline to answer any question about your status after the match.

Matched to UTMB! I was hoping to match to Foster, but I am so thankful for the opportunity to go to UTMB!

Reactions: 1 users
A pre-med saw his shadow, no match for me for at least six weeks!

I got into utmb :) I'm happy because my fiancée is working in houston so I et to be close to her :)
This is the fiance of a handsome dude that just got accepted to UTMB also (on his account right now reading SDN stuff haha) AND I'll be working in Galveston! Similar situation, PescadoAmor :) Congrats!!

So if you don't get into the school you ranked first, is it still possible to get in?
When will we find out if we are on a waitlist?

Utmb!!!!!!!!
Congrats everyone
As a reapplicant, I understand how it feels not to get an acceptance. For those who are not matched, keep working, keep trying and we will get there. I wish you good luck during the wait list

Reactions: 5 users
Congrats to everyone who matched!

Officially matched to UT-SW (pre-matched there, but good to see it finalized anyway) Still undecided between there and Baylor, but I am leaning toward the latter and waiting on financial aid.

Rankings don't matter so much now, but mine were:
UTSW (pre-match)
UTMB (pre-match)
Paul L. Foster (pre-match)
UTH (pre-match)
A&M (pre-match)
TTUHSC (pre-match, but wound up declining it)
UTHSCSA

That
Officially matched to UT-SW! (pre-matched there, but good to see it finalized anyway) Still undecided between there and Baylor, but I am leaning toward the latter and waiting on financial aid.

Rankings don't matter so much now, but mine were:
UTSW (pre-match)
UTMB (pre-match)
Paul L. Foster (pre-match)
UTH (pre-match)
A&M (pre-match)
TTUHSC (pre-match, but wound up declining it)
UTHSCSA
That's an awesome pre match list. Congrats

Just want to congratulate all of the relieved people that have matched! Its a great feeling to know that you dont have to worry about it now.
Like mnmike, I officially matched into my first choice (UTSW) and couldn't be happier.

I got into A&M but I'm confused about something - am I automatically on the waitlist for SA (my #1)? The last thing I want to do is make friends and look for apartments and then get an email from TMDSAS saying "lol jk you're going to SA"

Also, can I withdraw my application from SA? One week after my rankings were due, I realized I should have placed A&M at 1 since I know so many people there.

And quantumJ, as your classmate and a fellow longhorn, let's wear our burnt orange around A&M proudly!

I got into A&M but I'm confused about something - am I automatically on the waitlist for SA (my #1)? The last thing I want to do is make friends and look for apartments and then get an email from TMDSAS saying "lol jk you're going to SA"

Also, can I withdraw my application from SA? One week after my rankings were due, I realized I should have placed A&M at 1 since I know so many people there.

And quantumJ, as your classmate and a fellow longhorn, let's wear our burnt orange around A&M proudly!
You are allowed to withdraw your ap from sa if you want. Im not sure who you contact, but from now on it doesnt go through tmdsas. It goes through the school. So maybe send an email to dr. Jones.

Well match didn't turn out as I had hoped

Waitlisted at Houston and waiting to hear if i'm on the alternate list for El-Paso. I've been reading up on everything to see what my chances are of getting off the waitlist but they seem slim. I should be happy that I pre-matched to TCOM but not matching to the other two kind of just...... hurts (especially since I thought I knocked my interviews out of the park). :(

Congrats to everyone else and best of luck. This whole application process has been hugely stressful and I'm glad some of you can take it easy for the rest of this season. I think it's time I stay off sdn for a while.

Congrats to all the future MDs! I got accepted to my first choice - UT Southwestern (I also prematched here). But it gets more exciting as it get more official!

I also got engaged yesterday - so 2014 is turning out to be a pretty good year!

Reactions: 8 users
Congrats to all the future MDs! I got accepted to my first choice - UT Southwestern (I also prematched here). But it gets more exciting as it get more official!

I also got engaged yesterday - so 2014 is turning out to be a pretty good year!
That's awesome man! Congrats

On that note, I have a similar question to ask - if you get off a waitlist, is your match offer automatically declined?

I only ask because, similar to miss, I don't want to plan everything out and then last minute I have to go to another school. I would actually rather stay at the school I matched into.

I am just trying to find out how long after today will they send out information to an applicant on whether or not they were rejected or are on the waitlist for those who did not match at all today

On that note, I have a similar question to ask - if you get off a waitlist, is your match offer automatically declined?

I only ask because, similar to miss, I don't want to plan everything out and then last minute I have to go to another school. I would actually rather stay at the school I matched into.

No. If you get off the waitlist, you have the option of accepting the spot or not. I ended up turning down my spot for Southwestern last year.

I am just trying to find out how long after today will they send out information to an applicant on whether or not they were rejected or are on the waitlist for those who did not match at all today

If you currently have a position at a Texas medical school, you will be removed from most waitlists on June 1st. However, if you still have not been accepted anywhere, then you are eligible until the first day of class!

But most of the waitlist movement occurs around May.

Thank you omnomnom :D

Is there a difference between a alternate list/waitlist?