The Republic of Texas XXXIX: Pretty words are not always true, and True words are not always pretty.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if this is the best place to post these questions. I am in state and 510 mcat and 3.96 gpa, traditional white male student. Only had interviews at Tech and Mcgovern. Only applied to MD programs. I didn't get matched and wait listed Houston and will hopefully get wait listed at Tech Lubbock. So there is still a chance. Question, do all schools offer a file or application review so u know what improvements can be made this coming cycle? Should I call admissions office directly? What are others opinion on retaking MCAT( I am leaning no). Allowing a 3-4 month study time would place me taking in late June or July. I am already working on more volunteer hours, and trying to beef up my research time which was one thing really lacking for me. Would anyone suggest a special master or post bacc program this coming year since my GPA is high? Just trying to figure out this coming year if I don't get off wait list, deadlines for applications are quickly approaching. I would appreciate any advice, thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I don't know if this is the best place to post these questions. I am in state and 510 mcat and 3.96 gpa, traditional white male student. Only had interviews at Tech and Mcgovern. Only applied to MD programs. I didn't get matched and wait listed Houston and will hopefully get wait listed at Tech Lubbock. So there is still a chance. Question, do all schools offer a file or application review so u know what improvements can be made this coming cycle? Should I call admissions office directly? What are others opinion on retaking MCAT( I am leaning no). Allowing a 3-4 month study time would place me taking in late June or July. I am already working on more volunteer hours, and trying to beef up my research time which was one thing really lacking for me. Would anyone suggest a special master or post bacc program this coming year since my GPA is high? Just trying to figure out this coming year if I don't get off wait list, deadlines for applications are quickly approaching. I would appreciate any advice, thanks.
@riperobgyn for someone with your high GPA a SMP isn't needed. Your MCAT is above the median for TX matriculants too.
It is sure a tough year to get in!
Lots of schools hold general reapplicant workshops so you could look for news of those at a city near you towards April.
In the meantime see what you can do to volunteer or work safely and if possible in some patient-contact setting.

@riperobgyn for someone with your high GPA a SMP isn't needed. Your MCAT is above the median for TX matriculants too.
It is sure a tough year to get in!
Lots of schools hold general reapplicant workshops so you could look for news of those at a city near you towards April.
In the meantime see what you can do to volunteer or work safely and if possible in some patient-contact setting.
Thank you, I appreciate your advice.

Members don't see this ad :)
Here's the first announcement I have seen for a reapplicant workshop. Hope some of you who will be reapplying can find it helpful.

** Read the flyer, it says they DO provide one-on-one consultations to review your app from this year with you.**

158698380_752133468765002_7007413718835348284_n.png

Last edited:
Here's the first announcement I have seen for a reapplicant workshop. Hope some of you who will be reapplying can find it helpful.

** Read the flyer, it says they DO provide one-on-one consultations to review your app from this year with you.**

View attachment 332097
Seems like a scam to make money off hopeless premeds...

• Dislike
  • Okay...
Reactions: 3 users
More like a way to help them refocus their efforts where needed for a reapplication. Not everyone has good pre-health advisors at their college.
My apologies, I was just thrown off by the cost of the session

• Care
Hey all y'all,
This has been a brutal application cycle, from cancelled MCATs to quarantine to lots of great people getting that "no match" message on Friday.

Be kind to yourself as you think things over, plan, and of course wait (some more :cryi::depressed:) for possible offers from a Wait List over the next
4 months.

Wysdoc

150828-youngest-cowgirl-01 copy.jpg

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
Here's the second seminar I have seen an announcement for. They call it an "Applicant Seminar" so people attending will probably be a mix of 1st time applicants gearing up for 2021-2022 and re-applicants. It's free. It's on March 26 in the afternoon. They do not seem to offer individual file reviews at this one.

Applicant Seminar | Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center
1615482203030.png

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
My apologies, I was just thrown off by the cost of the session
I guess I don't really agree that the price is exorbitant if they're meeting one on one with studentsand taking the entire day out to help the students. We'd spend more than that on a single secondary.

Reactions: 2 users
Bored Cabin Fever GIF

Yeah, this is us in Texas right now

We are in that slow period of inactivity, between Match Day and the deadlines for AMCAS applicants to cut down their number of accepted schools to 3 by April 15 and then to 1 by April 30.

AMCAS application cycle affects us, in the case where someone has both a TMDSAS Match school and 1 or more offers of admission from AMCAS schools. If they select the AMCAS offer, they withdraw from the TMDSAS school, leaving a place for someone to come in from a WL.

We are likely in this holding pattern for another 2-3 weeks.
So far I have only seen a few offers of admission from a WL at TCOM, SHSU, and UTRGV.
- edited to add I saw a few new Baylor offers to folks who hold a TMDSAS spot currently.

When there is more action, I will start up my popular "Texas Roundup" reports. For an example, see last year's here: #302
I only see what you guys share on SDN, and my roundup reports are anonymized as much as possible.
Anyone who wants to PM me their WL offer info is free to do so, and I could post that on my roundup thread without people knowing who it was.

Dive into finishing your spring term if you're still in college.

Wysdoc

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users
@wysdoc . This year feels unreasonably quite on Sdn regarding post-Match acceptance. Last year, TMDSAS schools gave out acceptances between Feb (after match)--May (AMCAS deadline). Are med school waiting until mid to late April for waitlist movement? Little to No WL so far on Sdn!!

Members don't see this ad :)
@wysdoc . This year feels unreasonably quite on Sdn regarding post-Match acceptance. Last year, TMDSAS schools gave out acceptances between Feb (after match)--May (AMCAS deadline). Are med school waiting until mid to late April for waitlist movement? Little to No WL so far on Sdn!!
I agree it's about a month behind this year, but the whole cycle has been like that!

I think most of it will happen after April 30.
For matched Texans who might be also waiting to hear from an AMCAS school, try to do your list of pros and cons now while you are waiting, so you can let both schools know promptly which one you chose if offered a new spot. Your fellow applicants who have no matches might be eternally grateful to you!

Read any admission offer emails carefully- the closer we get to the end of the cycle, the shorter a time period they will give you to make a decision.

Last edited:
I agree it's about a month behind this year, but the whole cycle has been like that!

I think most of it will happen after April 30.
For matched Texans who might be also waiting to hear from an AMCAS school, try to do your list of pros and cons now while you are waiting, so you can let both schools know promptly which one you chose if offered a new spot. Your fellow applicants who have no matches might be eternally grateful to you!

Read any admission offer emails carefully- the closer we get to the end of the cycle, the shorter a time period they will give you to make a decision.
For some reason I’m getting the vague suspicion that there isn’t going to be that much movement this year because the May 15 deadline seems too soon for a delayed cycle, unless the schools give less than 24 hours for people to decide lol

For some reason I’m getting the vague suspicion that there isn’t going to be that much movement this year because the May 15 deadline seems too soon for a delayed cycle, unless the schools give less than 24 hours for people to decide lol
I was thinking this too....

So if someone who already has an acceptance gets off a waitlist and takes a while to decide and chooses after May 15th, does that mean that the associated WL movement from their decision just goes to people without acceptances? Or is there a time limit to make your decision one you get off the WL? I hope that makes sense haha

So if someone who already has an acceptance gets off a waitlist and takes a while to decide and chooses after May 15th, does that mean that the associated WL movement from their decision just goes to people without acceptances? Or is there a time limit to make your decision one you get off the WL? I hope that makes sense haha
Your thought process is similar to mine. In most cases, it’s usually 2 days to accept or decline the offer. Some people will usually think about it for the fullest extent and decline the original offer after May 15 which forces the spot to be awarded to people with no acceptances. There’s rare cases where a Texas applicant will get off the waitlist at a preferred oos school late in the cycle after May 15, but this is not common because the school would have to be elite to justify paying top dollar over Texas tuition. It’s been speculated that some AMCAS schools are woefully behind so their waitlist movement will run for longer as well as their scholarship offers.

I saw a very unusual case last year where El Paso was handing out offers mid June like 5-6 days before orientation. I think they overfilled the class so it took a long time for them to get to the total needed to pull from the waitlist hence why there was movement that late. I also saw another case with UTMB last year where some guy got a Baylor offer before May 15 and took a whole week to decline UTMB lol, if my recollection is accurate. For some reason, it seemed like there was very little waitlist movement reported on all of the forums after May 15, so yeah....it seems to me that these May 15 deadlines exist so the lower tier schools don’t get their seats poached by better schools in texas days before orientation.

• Wow

There will be a time limit to decide, read any offers of acceptance from the WL very carefully to see the deadline.

Texas Roundup: April 21, 2021

I'll start up my Texas Roundup posts for this 2020-2021 season.
Texas Roundup posts are where I list all the new regular admissions, WL admissions and the withdrawals that I see from Texas-school SDN members.

Although it seems as if the WL action this year has been painfully slow, when I looked back to my 2019-2020 Texas Roundup posts, it was not much different.
Today's post will include all the WL offers SDN members have shared from March 5, 2021 to today. I will also list places where Texans have withdrawn from an acceptance due to an offer they prefer.

After this, the Roundups will be just what's been posted since the prior Roundup. This is just for fun and I can only see what people share on SDN, I don't have any insider source. I'll say IS or OOS if I know.

Disclaimers out of the way, let's rodeo!

March 5-12, 2021
2 SHSU offers, from WL
1 TCOM offer, regular IS
2 TCOM offers, from WL, (1 IS, 1 OOS)
1 UTSW offer, OOS
2 Long offers, OOS

Up for Grabs Again:
2 spots relinquished at UIWSOM
2 spots relinquished A&M, OOS
1 spot relinquished at TTech Lubbock, OOS
1 spot relinquished at McGovern

March 17-26, 2021
1 SHSU offer, from WL
5 Baylor offers of admission, IS
1 TCU/UNTHSC offer of admission

Up for Grabs Again:
1 spot relinquished at Long, IS
1 spot relinquished at Baylor, IS
1 spot relinquished at TTech Lubbock, OOS

March 19 to April 9, 2021
1 UTRGV offer, from WL
1 TCU/UNTHSC offer of admission
1 McGovern offer, from WL, IS
1 UIWSOM offer, IS

Up For Grabs Again:
1 spot relinquished TCU/UNTHSC, OOS
1 spot relinquished, UIWSOM
1 spot relinquished, Texas Tech El Paso

April 12-21 2021
3 UTMB offers, from WL, 2 IS
3 Baylor offers, IS
1 Baylor offer, OOS
2 TCU/UNTHSC offers, ( 1 IS, 1 OOS)
1 UIWSOM offer
1 Dell offer from WL, IS

Up For Grabs Again:
1 spot relinquished, UTRGV, IS
1 spot relinquished, UIWSOM, IS

Last edited:
Reactions: 10 users
Texas Roundup: April 28, 2021

Well, a few schools are breaking the ice and making some offers to applicants waiting on WLs :claps:

Here's what I have seen on SDN this week, and a few peeps also sent me their news in a message.
You are welcome to do that, to remain more anonymous! Share your news!

April 22-23, 2021
1 UIWSOM offer of admission
2 Dell offers from WL, IS

April 26-28, 2021
1 McGovern offer from WL, applicant turned it down

Up For Grabs Again:
1 spot relinquished, TCU/UNTHSC
1 spot relinquished, Texas Tech El Paso, IS
1 spot relinquished A&M, OOS
1 spot relinquished, Baylor

Lets hope for more after April 30!

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
Do we need to notify schools we were accepted to but did not match for withdrawals?

Do we need to notify schools we were accepted to but did not match for withdrawals?
On the TMDSAS match? No, by matching to one school you were withdrawn from the others you ranked.

If you have received more offers after Match Day, and hold more than one acceptance now, you do need to choose your top school and withdraw from your other school soon. Go by any deadlines the schools have given you.

s01_4321599.jpg

Texas Roundup: May 1, 2021

Has this week been the calm before the storm?
Well, all of us Texans sure hope so, because we are in a heck of a drought in our state.

And all Texas applicants waiting for news from their WL schools are sure hoping for some action as well.

April 28, 2021
1 McGovern offer from WL, applicant deciding whether to accept or stick with match school

4/29/2021
Up For Grabs Again

1 spot relinquished at UTSW, IS
1 spot relinquished at UIWSOM

4/30/2021
1 Texas Tech El Paso offer from WL, OOS

That's all I saw this week.
Share your news, y'all!

Wysdoc

Last edited:
Screen Shot 2021-05-03 at 4.47.59 PM.png

PHOTO Credit Nick Sortvind, a Norwegian photographer, from a recent exhibit

Texas Roundup: May 4, 2021

April 29, 2021
Up for Grabs Again

1 spot relinquished at Baylor, applicant stuck with their TMDSAS school

May 3-4, 2021
1 McGovern offer from WL, IS, deciding between this and Match school
1 McGovern offer from WL
2 Long offers from WL, OOS, undecided at this point
1 Long offer from WL, IS
1 Long offer from WL, OOS, accepted
1 Long offer from WL, IS, declined, (stuck with Match school)
1 UTMB offer from WL, declined (stuck with Match school)
1 Texas Tech Lubbock offer from WL, IS, accepted

Up for Grabs Again:
1 spot relinquished at Texas Tech Lubbock, IS
1 spot relinquished at TCOM, IS

A bit of rain for our parched state of Texas, will update when there is more news.

Wysdoc

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 users
What qualities does an OOS applicant need to have in order to be competitive on TMDSAS? And would this application be worthwhile in terms of outcome (with it being stated that obviously going to medical school in Texas is the outcome).

What qualities does an OOS applicant need to have in order to be competitive on TMDSAS? And would this application be worthwhile in terms of outcome (with it being stated that obviously going to medical school in Texas is the outcome).
It's mostly having good stats (at or above our median for matriculants). UTSW in particular chooses high-stat OOS people.
You don't have to prove any special ties to Texas. An interest in border populations & rural or primary care will help you at schools with that mission.

i don't have the best stats (LizzyM 74, high mcat lower gpa). my experiences are fine, not stellar, but pretty good i guess. i applied to six schools, got interviews with three, and have been accepted to two. no ties to texas.

highly highly highly recommend applying to tmdsas. it's much cheaper than amcas and because the app is due earlier than amcas it's great practice/pre-writing for your eventual amcas application, and the two "optional" essays (they're not really optional lol) serve great for many amcas schools' secondary questions. and if you are accepted to a texas school, it's way cheaper than other option you'll have except your own state school.

i don't have the best stats (LizzyM 74, high mcat lower gpa). my experiences are fine, not stellar, but pretty good i guess. i applied to six schools, got interviews with three, and have been accepted to two. no ties to texas.

highly highly highly recommend applying to tmdsas. it's much cheaper than amcas and because the app is due earlier than amcas it's great practice/pre-writing for your eventual amcas application, and the two "optional" essays (they're not really optional lol) serve great for many amcas schools' secondary questions. and if you are accepted to a texas school, it's way cheaper than other option you'll have except your own state school.
This was my logic as well. Can I use the same letters, personal statement, and activities? Might just have to submit TMDSAS in a week here.

This was my logic as well. Can I use the same letters, personal statement, and activities? Might just have to submit TMDSAS in a week here.
The instructions & character limit for TMDSAS activities differ slightly from the AMCAS app.
The personal statement length is very similar, and letters could be the same (on TMDSAS min 3 letters max 4 and all letters go to all schools).

I would recommend finishing one app & submitting before switching gears to the other platform, to avoid confusion.
First day you can submit TMDSAS is May 17th.

The instructions & character limit for TMDSAS activities differ slightly from the AMCAS app.
The personal statement length is very similar, and letters could be the same (on TMDSAS min 3 letters max 4 and all letters go to all schools).

I would recommend finishing one app & submitting before switching gears to the other platform, to avoid confusion.
First day you can submit TMDSAS is May 17th.
Thank you for the advice. I am thankfully all green checks on AMCAS so I will go ahead and preliminarily explore TMDSAS. Thanks for everything you do for Texas applicants!

Texas Roundup May 5, 2021

May 4, 2021

1 Long offer from WL, IS, deciding between this and Match school

Up For Grabs Again:
1 spot relinquished at UTMB, IS
1 spot relinquished at UIWSOM

May 5, 2021
1 SHSU offer from WL, deciding between this and OOS school
3 TCU/UNTHSC offers from WL
1 UTMB offer from WL, OOS, considering

Share your news :shy: pretty please

Wysdoc

Last edited:
Texas Roundup May 6, 2021

May 4-6, 2021
1 UTSW offer from WL, IS

Up For Grabs Again:
1 spot relinquished at McGovern, IS

That's it for today. Also 4 peeps who recently got offers from a WL are still thinking over whether to stick with original school or take the WL offer.

Wysdoc

Reactions: 4 users
Texas Roundup May 7, 2021

Not a lot going on today, except that Baylor made some more offers which might lead to opened-up TMDSAS spots later.

May 7, 2021
2 Baylor offers from WL, IS ( both deciding between this & Match school)
1 Baylor offer from WL, OOS (deciding between this & an OOS acceptance)
1 Dell offer from WL, IS 1st acceptance
1 SHSU offer from WL, IS, deciding between this and Match school

Up For Grabs Again
1 spot relinquished at SHSU (going OOS)

Share your news, y'all! Everybody wants to know!
(edited to add later news on SHSU)

Wysdoc

Last edited:
Hey y'all, since it's pretty quiet in these parts today, let's review some WL information.

Everyone, here's what you do if you get an offer of admission from one of your WL schools:

Within Texas, if you do get an offer from one of your Texas WLs,
1. Consider and compare carefully
2. Respond to the WL offer within the time frame they give you in the email (it will be short).
***You don't HAVE to accept WL offers
if you are happier with your present acceptance, but you do have to respond.***
Either accept, or respectfully decline.
3. If you decline the WL offer to that school, you don't have to do anything else.
4. If you decide to accept a WL offer, accept to that school via direct communication.
THEN
write a nice email to your previous school saying you have decided to attend a different school.
Withdraw from the "old" school on the TMDSAS portal.

If you get a WL offer from TX and you also hold an AMCAS or AACOMAS admission, same steps but different portal to withdraw if needed.

Now of course if you get a WL offer and you have no current acceptances, you just accept!

Last edited:
Hey y'all, since it's pretty quiet in these parts today, let's review some WL information.

Everyone, here's what you do if you get an offer of admission from one of your WL schools:

Within Texas, if you do get an offer from one of your Texas WLs,
1. Consider and compare carefully
2. Respond to the WL offer within the time frame they give you in the email (it will be short).
***You don't HAVE to accept WL offers
if you are happier with your present acceptance, but you do have to respond.***
Either accept, or respectfully decline.
3. If you decline the WL offer to that school, you don't have to do anything else.
4. If you decide to accept a WL offer, accept to that school via direct communication.
THEN
write a nice email to your previous school saying you have decided to attend a different school.
Withdraw from the "old" school on the TMDSAS portal.

If you get a WL offer from TX and you also hold an AMCAS or AACOMAS admission, same steps but different portal to withdraw if needed.

Now of course if you get a WL offer and you have no current acceptances, you just accept!
Hey, thanks for the info! I do have a question though (haha sorry). Just got the WL offer yesterday but I want to wait and see if another school would possibly give me a WL offer before I make a final decision (I have until May 15th since I have a match acceptance I think). But the school that gave me the WL offer did not put a time frame for responding? Idk the usual timeframe and I don't want to miss it lol (SHSU-COM by the way). thanks!

Hey, thanks for the info! I do have a question though (haha sorry). Just got the WL offer yesterday but I want to wait and see if another school would possibly give me a WL offer before I make a final decision (I have until May 15th since I have a match acceptance I think). But the school that gave me the WL offer did not put a time frame for responding? Idk the usual timeframe and I don't want to miss it lol (SHSU-COM by the way). thanks!
Please read your WL offer carefully to see if they gave you a date to respond by, or if they did not, it’s worth calling SHSU to ask.
Your first acceptance is secure unless you decide to switch schools. At this point you are just considering their offer, you haven’t accepted it .

Texas Roundup May 10, 2021
Brooks-Chase-3-24-19-R3-AP-294-PRCA-ProRodeo-photo-by-James-Phifer-1-saddle-bronc-2-300x200.jpg

Today had so much action it deserved an action photo!
Here's one of saddle bronc champion Chase Brooks

Here's what I saw on the TX threads or got messages about this weekend. I can't always tell if a person had a prior offer they will be giving up. Also we have a few from last week that were deciding between 2 schools, and if they share their decision with me I'll post those later as "Up for Grabs Again".

May 7, 2021
2 Baylor offers from WL, IS
1 more Baylor offer from WL, IS

Up For Grabs Again:
1 spot relinquished McGovern, IS
1 spot relinquished Long, IS
1 spot relinquished UTSW, IS (took another TX school from WL offer from April)

May 9, 2021
1 SHSU offer from WL (deciding between this & prior DO acceptance)
1 Dell offer from WL, IS

Up For Grabs Again:
1 spot relinquished McGovern, IS

May 10, 2021
1 UTMB offer from WL, IS, 1st acceptance
1 McGovern offer from WL, IS, deciding between this and 1 other TX school
3 UIWSOM offers from WL
1 UTSW offer from WL, IS, deciding between this & match school
1 UTSW offer from WL, IS, accepted

Up For Grabs Again:

1 spot relinquished Long, IS
1 spot relinquished, TCU/UNTHSC
1 spot relinquished Lubbock, IS
1 spot relinquished McGovern, in favor of an OOS offer

Wysdoc
people are weighing in with decisions they made over the weekend, online or in PMs, so I will update this Roundup throughout the day. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
Texas Roundup May 12, 2021

Well that last Roundup on May 10 is a tough act to follow!
We still got some news today in a few places, though.

May 10, 2021
1 UIWSOM offer from WL

May 11, 2021
1 Dell offer from WL, has 1 prior OOS acceptance

Up For Grabs Again:
1 spot relinquished at Baylor, going OOS

May 12, 2021
1 Long offer from WL, IS
1 UTMB offer from WL, OOS
1 SHSU offer from WL
2 Dell offers from WL

Up For Grabs Again:
1 spot relinquished at TCOM, OOS

Share your news!

Wysdoc

Last edited:
Texas Roundup May 13, 2021

May 11, 2021

1 Long offer from WL, IS, declined

Up For Grabs Again:
1 spot relinquished qt Lubbock, IS

Wysdoc let's see what's up tomorrow, y'all

old west.jpg

Feel like them saloon doors are still swinging open & shut? Or that you're being kept out of the saloon completely?
Let's see what's up:

Texas Roundup May 14, 2021

May 13-14, 2021
2 TCOM offers from WL, IS
1 UTSW offer from WL, IS, accepted
1 UTMB offer from WL, IS, accepted

Up for Grabs Again:
1 WL offer from McGovern last week declined (sticking with match school)
1 spot relinquished at SHSU

** updated with all the afternoon news, at 7:40 pm**

Wysdoc

Last edited:
Good morning, Texans!

All y'all who are still juggling, deciding, or dithering between 2 schools, please come to a conclusion.
Your fellow applicants and potential future classmates will thank you kindly.

Wysdoc & Sam Elliot from Tombstone with some true words

1-t10158387-500.jpg

Last edited:
So just to be clear, the only people who remain on TX waillists are those who do not have a TX acceptance?

So just to be clear, the only people who remain on TX waillists are those who do not have a TX acceptance?
Yes, or at least they are the only ones who can now be given an acceptance from their wait list position.
Schools won't notify the rest of y'all that you are no longer eligible for acceptance, rather it is understood as part of the TMDSAS rules at this time of the application cycle.

Texas Roundup May 17, 2021

May 17, 2021

2 McGovern offers from WL, IS, to people with no prior acceptances :)
1 Texas Tech El Paso offer from WL, IS, no prior acceptances
1 "Confirmed sighting of IS WL movement" at Lubbock, reported by a current Lubbock med student
1 Lubbock offer from WL, OOS, declined
1 Long offer from WL from earlier, OOS, declined
1 SHSU offer from WL from earlier, IS, declined, stuck with Match school

Keep your hopes up, and share your news please!

Wysdoc

Last edited:
water-faucet1-1.jpg

Texas Roundup May 19, 2021

May 17, 2021
1 McGovern offer from WL, accepted

May 18, 2021
1 UIWSOM offer from WL, IS, declined

May 19, 2021
1 Texas Tech El Paso offer from WL,, OOS, accepted
1 Texas Tech El Paso offer from WL, has an OOS acceptance also
1 UTMB offer from WL, IS, accepted (no prior match)

That's all I know.

Need I ask, share your news?

Wysdoc

Last edited:
Texas Roundup May 21, 2021

May 15, 2021

1 Texas Tech Lubbock offer from WL, no prior acceptances

May 20, 2021
1 UTMB offer from WL, IS, no prior acceptances
1 UIWSOM offer from WL
1 A&M offer from WL, IS, to join the class next year (EY2022) "deferred offer"

May 21, 2021
1 McGovern offer from WL, IS, no prior acceptances
1 McGovern offer from 5/14 now accepted (withdrew from OOS school)

Share 'em if you got 'em

Wysdoc

Texas Roundup May 24, 2021

It was a pretty quiet weekend around these parts, except for a bunch of y'all celebrating your college graduations!
Major achievement and worth taking a break from all this premed work! :claps: :claps: :=|:-)::prof::biglove:

May 24, 2021
1 Texas Tech El Paso offer from WL, accepted
1 TCOM offer from WL, OOS, also has a recent OOS acceptance to decide between
1 TCOM offer from WL, OOS, declined
1 UTRGV offer from WL, IS, accepted

Up For Grabs Again:
1 spot relinquished at UIWSOM, IS

Last edited:
Texas Roundup May 26, 2021

May 24, 2021

1 UTMB offer from WL - accepted

May 25, 2021
1 UTMB offer from WL - deciding between this & OOS, has 3 days to decide
1 Texas Tech El Paso offer from WL, IS, accepted.

The time window for deciding on a WL offer seems to be getting smaller, but each school will have its own guidelines.

Share your news-

Wysdoc

Texas Roundup May 27, 2021

May 26, 2021
2 Long offers from WL, IS, for deferred entry to school in 2022. (No prior matches for either applicant)
1 Long offer, OOS, from WL

May 27, 2021
1 SHSU offer from WL

Share your news, we all like to hear it!

Wysdoc

Status
Not open for further replies.