The schools accept out-state student.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

grettlin

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Except the private schools, are there any public school seem ok to accept out-of-state students?
For private school, I know:
Nova, USC, Tufts, Crinton, U of Pacific, Loma Linda, Temple, Boston, Case Western,

For public school, I don't know yet.

Could anyone add the schools that like out-state students? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I know that UCONN takes a good percentage of out of staters however they only take in like 40 students per year so it is very competetive anyways.

From what I've heard,
U Michigan, Indiana, Louiville, Maryland, and Pittsburg take out of staters
Umm....VCU accepts about 30% out of state

Members don't see this ad :)
don't forget U Penn, NYU and Columbia

I think that the best way to go is apply to your own state schools and a few private schools. If your state doesn't have a school, then there are some schools that give an advantage to people without a state school. For example, if you live in Arkansas without a dental school, Texas schools will actually consider you even though they highly prefer their "own".

I applied to many schools, and I got interviewed at all 3 Texas schools since I am a resident and most of the private schools.

The state schools where I applied U Louisville, U Maryland, U Nebraska, I did not get an interview invite.

With U Louisville, they have each student fill out a residency questionnaire asking about your ties to Kentucky.

Of course there are exceptions to this rule. I would suggest applying to a state school where you aren't a resident only if you really want to go there and consider yourself a highly competetive applicant.

For U Nebraska, I actually called them two weeks ago to ask about some questions. They automatically mentioned that they "strongly" prefer their residents, because they are state-support university. If I am not, I might not consider them. The chance is quite low.....
So, I will not consider U Nebraska.
Hope give you some information.