the singhsons

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I assume this is supossed to be funny to whoever understands it, but I don't. :( What's up with the man and the cow, the kid writting on the board "I'm not Gandhi's love child", the girl playing the conga at the school band?

I'm sorry for beign culturally challenged. :(

hey meggs

ignore whatever it says ,just watch the cartoon.,by the way i am not an indian.

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by DVK
hey meggs

ignore whatever it says ,just watch the cartoon.,by the way i am not an indian.

I tried, didn't get a thing! :(

sorry,i tried,but didn't get a thing

whatever:oops:

LOL.. Hilarious.

Meggs, its a play on the Simpsons opening credits.. they've just Indianized it, with a whole bunch of standard Indian cliches.

Clever.:)

Originally posted by ToTaLLy_TaSha
Meggs, its a play on the Simpsons opening credits.. they've just Indianized it, with a whole bunch of standard Indian cliches.

I get that, I just don't get the joke in them. but that's ok now.

Originally posted by DVK
whatever:rolleyes:

What's up? am I missing something here?

Troll alert, Meggs... they really SHOULD invent an ignore smiley.

Until then... :mad: , DVK. No meaness tolerated on this forum.

Members don't see this ad :)
the cartoons funny:D

nothing else is...:(

Troll alert, Meggs... they really SHOULD invent an ignore smiley.

Until then... :mad: , DVK. No meaness tolerated on this forum.
whats going on why you got mad at him?

look meggs its funny whatever you say.
you gotta get it if your indian. if you dont then i'm sorry but wake up to being indian. being ashamed or pretending you dont get it just makes you look pathetic.. :rolleyes:

btw meggs ever thought of adding a quote or proverb from hinduism in your signature????

btw meggs ever thought of adding a quote or proverb from hinduism in your signature????
i wondered about it several times too...! afterall hinduism is THE most ancient religion of the world! but the sad part is that most people in the west percieve it like a taboo or like an "alien/barbaric" thing....

Originally posted by kishn
you gotta get it if your indian. if you dont then i'm sorry but wake up to being indian. being ashamed or pretending you dont get it just makes you look pathetic.. :rolleyes:
cool down,you dont need to have an attitude against someone who doesent have an idea about your culture.

Kishn, why should Meggs be 'ashamed' when she's Hispanic and not Indian???? She's not pretending, she's just beginning to learn about India and Indians.. but maybe you don't know that cos you're new to the forum. :)

there is nothing DVK,its not openning to me:(

Kishn, why should Meggs be 'ashamed' when she's Hispanic and not Indian???? She's not pretending, she's just beginning to learn about India and Indians.. but maybe you don't know that cos you're new to the forum. :)
Hey Krisn you are new to this forum and We all love Meggs!!
I am an Indian and I never thought that she was acting or pretending...
Being an Indian I'd be glad if you know your culture fully.

Hey Kishn,
I've always felt that we Indians are very warm and loving people and are really appreciative of people who try and understand our culture.
I understand you are new to this forum but , irrespective of that, instead of trying to explain to meggs(whom we all love) as to what the joke was all about, telling her that she should be "ashamed" is downright RUDE.
Being "patriotic" doesn't mean putting down someone just because they don't know about us...it is showing them the beauty of what "WE " really are!
...and then making them respect "US" for that!(I think everyone will agree with me on this)
Please act with a cooler frame of mind in future...just an advice.

yup DVK the link doesn't open:(

:p I dont see one in your signature dude! maybe you should think of getting one before making puerile posts!

;) Kajalkiran I dont see one in your signature either!:p

That was really funny. I am going to forward it to all my co-workers who LOVE the simpsons. They will get a kick out of it.

Very clever!

Did you guys also take a look at the unscrambling of the words? That was great too.

Sara

Excuse me Kish for not beign Indian. I'm totally sorry for forgetting that you, a N-E-W-B-I-E, should tell non-Indians in this forum how to behave themselves.

btw, who f**** told you this is an Indian only forum???

If you have a problem with me being ignorant about you culture, either put me on your "Ignore list" or get the hell out of here!

Originally posted by KAJALKIRAN
i wondered about it several times too...! afterall hinduism is THE most ancient religion of the world! but the sad part is that most people in the west percieve it like a taboo or like an "alien/barbaric" thing....

Because my signature is a f****** script from a TV AD!!!! I didn't make it up!!! I just copy pasted it to my signature!!!!!! Blame the publisher or producer of the add!!!! Not me!!!!

Go to CARE.ORG if you wanna find out. Or watch CNN en Espa?ol.

Who the hell said Indians and Hinduism is the axis of this forum????? Tell me please, I missedd it!!!!!!!

Why should I add a quote from Hinduism to my signature????
Is MYYYYYY freaking signature, I own it for God's sake!!! I do whatever I want with it!!!!!!! I don't even know what the heck is Hinduism!!

Why should IIII?? 'cause you said so???? You're a troll, get the hell out of here please!!!

btw, when are you both, Kajal and Kish, going to learn Spanish???? why don't you add a Catholic proverb to your signature??? Have I ever made such stupid suggestions to you????

meggs! am sorry to say..you need to get a life for yourself first, even before you make such bitter remarks to others...your statements appear that you are pretty frustrated with your life, that you can't even sense in what context those things were said..,,,
and oh yeah yu betcha that if i wish, i can rebute back in my writing, in such a way, that you that you'll forget for your whole life that such a forum even existed! :)....but just that i am more composed and being politically correct
i only said i "wondered" and never asked you to do anything to your signature! and oh yeah! i doncare what you think of hinduism! and ps: hinduism isn't any missionary religion that it tries to draw publicity in forums like these...!
huh!

meggs! am sorry to say..you need to get a life for yourself first, even before you make such bitter remarks to others...your statements appear that you are pretty frustrated with your life, that you can't even sense in what context those things were said..,,,
and oh yeah yu betcha that if i wish, i can rebute back in my writing, in such a way, that you that you'll forget for your whole life that such a forum even existed! :)....but just that i am more composed and being politically correct
i only said i "wondered" and never asked you to do anything to your signature! and oh yeah! i doncare what you think of hinduism! and ps: hinduism isn't any missionary religion that it tries to draw publicity in forums like these...!
huh!

When did I wrote something negative about Hinduism?? Quote me if I did, 'cause I certanly don't remember!!!

You and Kish were the ones asking me to do something about a religion I know nothing about. If you don't want me to defend myself from your stupid accusations then just to acuse me of something I haven't done!!

I never said Hinduism was "barbaric" or "alien" or "taboo".

If I (or any other non Indian member) ever wanted to learn something about India and its religion, you guys have made sure I changed my mind. Why will I want to get flamed like Sara25 did??? No thank you, I rather don't learn. I respect everyone.

If I really posted ("faked" as Kish said) all the questions and doubts I had about some post in this forum relating to culture, I would have been banned by now.

Everyday, I read some post written by an Indian member which surprises the hell out of me, and I really would have like to know how things are and work back there. But you know what, I don't DARE to, 'cause I'm afraid I'll be misunderstood (like happened in this same thread).

In the past we have had some non Indian members leave this forum, 'cause of the way they've gotten flamed. And at the rate this is going, you should name it the "Indian ONLY forum".

ps: am a south-african!

1st of all let may see that iam so sorry things went so far and got into such debate between professionals and future colleagues or fellows which was started by krishn that was non reasonably so sensetive to meggs ignorance about india.

2nd i totally agree with meggs,its your right to post what ever you like in your signature as long as it doesent hurt others feelings & its a free forums that you cant force others to say what you like or refrain from what you dislike,dont be so sensetive guys please.

3rd i saw many indians in my life,muslims and christians and sure the largest number i met were hindus & because of the location of my country and and the interlinked history i know alot about indian history but to be quite frank with you i know nothing about hinduism religione because i dident ask since i care about the personality and the maturity of my friends rather than their religione.
peace

Originally posted by meggs

If I (or any other non Indian member) ever wanted to learn something about India and its religion, you guys have made sure I changed my mind. Why will I want to get flamed like Sara25 did??? No thank you, I rather don't learn. I respect everyone.

Everyday, I read some post written by an Indian member which surprises the hell out of me, and I really would have like to know how things are and work back there. But you know what, I don't DARE to, 'cause I'm afraid I'll be misunderstood (like happened in this same thread).

In the past we have had some non Indian members leave this forum, 'cause of the way they've gotten flamed. And at the rate this is going, you should name it the "Indian ONLY forum".
Hey Folks,
It is really disheartening to know that some non-Indians have left the forum because they didn't feel comfortable.
Meggs trust me please don't make a bad impression on your mind regarding Indians.We are a really warm and friendly lot and if you have any questions regarding how things 'work back there' you can PM me and I will be glad to reply the best I can.
take care,

Originally posted by meggs

If I (or any other non Indian member) ever wanted to learn something about India and its religion, you guys have made sure I changed my mind.

It sure is a sorry state of things that people are being flamed when they ask some questions pertaining to a culture they don't know much about.This is an interactive forum where people from all over the world participate as one family...
It should be a pleasure to spread good about our culture and people rather than give out a negative statement about Indians as a whole.
I don't know how many of us actually think it is each and everyone of us here who represents their country and what they say or do may reflect on their country as a whole.
We indians are "not impulsive " as is seen on this forum.We are people who believe in patience and strong values which I'm afraid is not being correctly displayed...I think we need to be more understanding and behave in a more matured way....we are professionals!!!
let us be more receptive of people from different cultures and accept the fact that there may be people who actually don't know about "US".
like toothlord said , In the end all that matter are the values and personality we hold. Well said toothlord!

Originally posted by elementz
It sure is a sorry state of things that people are being flamed when they ask some questions pertaining to a culture they don't know much about.This is an interactive forum where people from all over the world participate as one family...
It should be a pleasure to spread good about our culture and people rather than give out a negative statement about Indians as a whole.
I don't know how many of us actually think it is each and everyone of us here who represents their country and what they say or do may reflect on their country as a whole.
We indians are "not impulsive " as is seen on this forum.We are people who believe in patience and strong values which I'm afraid is not being correctly displayed...I think we need to be more understanding and behave in a more matured way....we are professionals!!!
let us be more receptive of people from different cultures and accept the fact that there may be people who actually don't know about "US".
like toothlord said , In the end all that matter are the values and personality we hold. Well said toothlord!

Well said:)
Nice:)

I second that:clap:

OK,To end the civil war which has happened recently
I would like to post a link that will help to get to know each other and I hope that 'll work.
http://tv4all.com/portal.htm

;)

huh!

Hey kajal, please make it clear that you are a south african! Dont insult Indians by supposedly speaking for us. You have no clue what it is to be an Indian or a Hindu... so shut up! And please do us all a favour and get a life!! Get out of this forum!

Meggs is one of the most helpful people here. And this is not an Indian forum!!(If it is... you are not welcome in it anyway!!) It is truly shameful if someone like her is forced to leave this forum because of xenophobic idiots.

lo! another one..so frustrated in life! looks like you have been so isolated in your life, that this forum is the only place for you talk! and that too you are being such a coward that you are seeking refugee in meggs and the other indians! what do you know about india and hindusism?? i can outrightedly ground in these talks! you are one of those frustrated indians adding to the burden of that great country! am glad that you aren't there though!
afterall this...do i even need to say that you are anymore welcome in these forums?
oh yeah! am ignoring an animal like you forever, as it isnt my composure to stoop down to your level and battle! i have something in life unlike you! sorry for you again!:)

hey keynesis back or whatever your name is! i am one of the silent members of this forum...but, just at the time when things have appeared to cool down on this thread, a person like you, really unhappy with peace (and yourself i suppose) has sprung this completely ridiculous comment on kajalkiran. you are just a nobody in this forum and have no right to ask anyone to leave this forum. if someone has to leave it at this time, it is YOU! kajal is one of the most helpful people in the forum and you are such an ignorant and a rude person, writing comments so unprofessionally and insensibly ! i think kajal is the most sensible person out here by ignoring you! i think several others should do the same!
mp

I agree with elementz and manishapatel..

I think keynesisback and others who spoke bad for Meggs dont know their religion properly ( Hinduism) because no where in the religion it is written that one should act like this with friends.

Hinduism is not a religion preaching to worship only Hindu God but it is the religion in which each and every one is loved and respected on the planet earth.

Originally posted by ketu229
I think keynesisback and others who spoke bad for Meggs dont know their religion properly ( Hinduism) because no where in the religion it is written that one should act like this with friends.

Just to clarify.... Keyneisback didn't speak bad to nor for me, he wasn't the one mentioning Hinduism. Kish and Kajal were.

Status
Not open for further replies.