The Skin Gun (pretty awesome stuff)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Gigantron

Robot
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
[YOUTUBE]eXO_ApjKPaI[/YOUTUBE]

This is pretty cool stuff. Just thought I'd share it with all of you.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
If nothing else that guy deserves the Don King most radical hair award.

That is cool. Just shared it on fb. They're all into robot surgery so skin guns would be hot for them. :)

cool stuff, but agreed that before and after pics are definitely needed in order to form a real opinion.

When I first read the title of this thread I thought it would be rated X.

homers-makeup-gun.jpg

can it be set to "*****"?

Pretty cool stuff!

It'd be interesting to see how the results of a large, prospective trial comparing this treatment to the current standard will turn out. A quick search on PubMed only gave me one prospective study with 19 patients (PMID: 17197946). Not sure if it's the same technology though since I'm feeling too lazy to log onto the VPN at the moment.

Members don't see this ad :)
That was awesome.

holy *#*$#
this is one of the most amazing things I've ever seen.

This is beyond amazing. The recovery time is ridiculous!

would this be derm or plastics?

Burn treatment is actually a part of trauma/critical care surgery. You can specialize in it after general surgery or through plastics/reconstructive

Burn surgery is cosmetic derm? :confused:
It's part of plastics it seems like. I honestly don't know how much trauma/CC surgeons would be involved in this though. I personally have never heard of it, but I could be (ie. likely am :)) wrong.

Oh, surgery? No that's not derm. :oops:
Haha its cool...he says burn surgery in the video though :p
It's part of plastics it seems like. I honestly don't know how much trauma/CC surgeons would be involved in this though. I personally have never heard of it, but I could be (ie. likely am :)) wrong.
Yeah that makes sense, I was just giving Geneticist a hard time lol

at the hospital I interned at burn surgery/treatment was part of acute care/trauma dept...there is more to treating burns than just watching skin grow...

on topic: this is really cool, we def need advancements in that field. however, can't help but worry about cells not "taking root" in a proper way...

From an intuitive standpoint, plastics makes more sense. I just happen to know of a gs who is a burn surgeon:

http://www.stritch.luc.edu/burn_shock/node/17

He is also the Dean of admissions at Loyola (see his pic on the Stritch main page):

http://www.stritch.luc.edu/

From an intuitive standpoint, plastics makes more sense. I just happen to know of a gs who is a burn surgeon:

http://www.stritch.luc.edu/burn_shock/node/17

He is also the Dean of admissions at Loyola (see his pic on the Stritch main page):

http://www.stritch.luc.edu/
You can do a plastics fellowship after GS. Maybe he did that?

at the hospital I interned at burn surgery/treatment was part of acute care/trauma dept...there is more to treating burns than just watching skin grow...

I fully agree with you there. Like I said though, it's just been my experience that plastics dealt with burns and not trauma/CC.

You can do a plastics fellowship after GS. Maybe he did that?

I fully agree with you there. Like I said though, it's just been my experience that plastics dealt with burns and not trauma/CC.

fo sho. Just like you can get to Hand surgery through GS, PS, or Ortho.

You can also do spine through Ortho or Neurosurg. More than one way to get to the same place.

Wow, amazing. Technology these days. I can only imagine what things will be like a few hundred years from now. Wish they showed the skin gun in action and accelerated timeline of the healing process, though.

Great invention. I am fascinated in the future of regenerative medicine myself. But I wish there was more footage of how it is actually applied and actual before/after pictures.