• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

Asomasu

10+ Year Member
Apr 4, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
For those of you unfamiliar with the story, it involves a courtier of the Dionysus, King of Syracuse, named Damocles. As told by Cicero, Dionysus tells the jealous Damocles to trade places with him for a day. The poor Damocles marvels at the chance to live like a king for a day. As he is eating the most extravagant feast and having his every whim fulfilled, he sees a sword hanging from the ceiling by a thin horsehair. He suddenly realizes that nothing can appease him and all the food loses its taste. He quickly asks to switch places again.......

Waiting for acceptances/rejections in this process. I understand what Cicero meant when he claimed that a life uncertain can lose its luster.

Please make comments on my chances, especially for Duke and help make the sword look a little duller. Thank you for your time.

Mobius1985

10+ Year Member
Apr 4, 2007
Congrats on your UTMB acceptance. Looking at your profile, you look like the perfect Duke candidate. How did the interview go?

Asomasu

10+ Year Member
Apr 4, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Thanks Mobius, the interview went well, the first was good, and the second was amazing. I know you might not believe me but I really appreciate you taking the time to post a reply.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.