1. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

The Sword of Damocles

Discussion in 'What Are My Chances?' started by Asomasu, Dec 4, 2008.

1. Asomasu

2+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Pre-Medical
    For those of you unfamiliar with the story, it involves a courtier of the Dionysus, King of Syracuse, named Damocles. As told by Cicero, Dionysus tells the jealous Damocles to trade places with him for a day. The poor Damocles marvels at the chance to live like a king for a day. As he is eating the most extravagant feast and having his every whim fulfilled, he sees a sword hanging from the ceiling by a thin horsehair. He suddenly realizes that nothing can appease him and all the food loses its taste. He quickly asks to switch places again.......

Waiting for acceptances/rejections in this process. I understand what Cicero meant when he claimed that a life uncertain can lose its luster.

Please make comments on my chances, especially for Duke and help make the sword look a little duller. Thank you for your time.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Mobius1985

7+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    Congrats on your UTMB acceptance. Looking at your profile, you look like the perfect Duke candidate. How did the interview go?

4. Asomasu

2+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Pre-Medical
    Thanks Mobius, the interview went well, the first was good, and the second was amazing. I know you might not believe me but I really appreciate you taking the time to post a reply.

5. phospho

phospho SDN Lifetime Donor
    Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Very solid application! Nice distribution of schools. I think you have an excellent chance at Duke.

Congrats on your acceptance, and best of luck!!:luck::xf:

PS: I love the story!