The Talented Mrs Sullivan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jad2121

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm surprised that there has not been a thread about Mrs Sullivan, the charismatic speaker at the Georgetown admissions office. When I interviewed there I was wowed by her. She really tells it like it is. She is the first person that I have met at an interview who really tells the faults as well as the benefits of the school. Her whole speech is based on the fact that Georgetown might not be for everyone. Ironically, this helped solidify Georgetown as my first choice. Anyone else have a similar experience?

Members don't see this ad.

I did have a similar experience. All of the things that concerned me initially about the school she explained and i became quite comfortable wtih, and Georgetown became my second choice (just after Cornell)....then, 7 weeks later, i got my only post-interview rejection. THAT sucked.

Yea, I was wowed as well by her presentation. I went in knowing that Georgetown was a top choice for me, if not the number 1. After my interview, I had such a great experience that I knew that is where I wanted to go. I got placed in the "competitive applicant pool" about a week and a half ago and just submitted my letter to get in a few days ago. I hope to hear go news in several weeks!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Also, I had to stand up in the middle of her long speech b/c my back hurt from a car accident and I couldn't sit too long, and she was really nice about it. A dean even came out to ask me if I needed anything to make me more comfortable. :)

Anyway, for those of you in the highly competitive pool, I'm very likely going to withdraw my acceptance soon, so I hope one of you get the spot! :thumbup:

I was wondering what did she say about the pros and cons of the school. I wasnt competitve enough for gtown, but asking for a friend of mine who is. Thanks!

I was also extremely impressed with Ms. Sullivan's speech. It really put at ease my concerns regarding the school, and in fact solidified it as my top choice. Now I just have to wait 6-8 weeks and hope for some good news.