The Taliban and Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Peter Parker

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Want a glimpse of what medical school would be like controlled by the Taliban? Read this great piece and then count your blessings for getting a chance to go through the US medical school system.

http://www.nytimes.com/2002/01/15/college/coll15MEDI.html?ex=1089522000&en=2e510804ff322e6a&ei=5034

Members don't see this ad.

Top 10 reasons to attend Kandahar Medical College: :D

10) Want diversity? We got more Uzbeks, Tajiks, and Pashtuns than you can shake an AK-47 at.

9) Study under the only surgeon in the world to specialize in landmine trauma.

8) MCAT? We don't need no stinkin MCAT!

7) Medical school chicks are ugly. Burkas rule!

6) No lawyers = No malpractice insurance

5) The term "gunner" takes on a fascinating new meaning.

4) Find Osama bin Laden and graduate first in your class.

3) Sleep through your anatomy lab; cadavers are against the law anyway.

2) Your toughest professor was just hit by a bunker-busting bomb.

1) No AMCAS!

P.S. Before I get flamed, I just want to say that I don't REALLY think medical school chicks are ugly!

I find this post racially insensitive and offensive.

Members don't see this ad :)
I thought it was funny.

Alicia

Nice humor indeed!

Ranger Bob,

That was HILARIOUS! I was laughing my a$$ off!!!

At first I was like it is racially insensitive, but then your mocking the Taliban, not the Afghans....

although the remark about the "diversity" was rather cruel.....

oh well.....

edogg and WatchMaCallit: I'm sorry you found my post offensive. I find that humor sometimes helps me deal with difficult situations, and the suffering in Afghanistan certainly qualifies as such. So does the medical school admissions process, albeit on a more personal level and a much smaller scale. Anyway, I'm sorry you were offended.