• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

• How To ACE Your Medical School Interview

In this webinar hosted by SDN with experts from BeMo Academic Consulting, you will learn a simple five-step process to help you translate your interview invitation into an acceptance.

DrKnowItAll

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 19, 2003
Status (Visible)
I have come to realize that I would be very distressed and unhappy matching below my 3rd or 4rth choice. To be honest, I carelessly slipped in a Chicago school at number 5 and now I'm convinced that I would be miserable living there. To make the matter worse, I ranked this program above some NYC programs, where I ideally would like to be.

So my question is: based on what you've heard, how far down the ROL do most people go for IM? I've heard that most end up at their top three, but looking at all the strong candidates here ranking 8+ programs is making me doubt this.

Just a little anxious. The top three I could surely handle. Anything else would be rather painful.

:confused:

Scarlet_Fire

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 5, 2002
Status (Visible)
A lot of 'how far down' you have to go depends on the contents of (e.g. programs contained in) your ROL. If you have listed all 'top tier' programs, then it may be slightly different than if you picked more middle-of-the-road or 2nd tier programs.

Reactions: 1 user

jashanley

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 10, 2002
Chicago
www.uic.edu
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
My question: why do you feel you would hate to live in Chicago? It is a fun city with unlimited potential, an awesome place to live.
This coming from a guy who grew up in New England, at NY's doorstep. Everyone questions their list, don't fret. You had a reason to put it there. Go with your g ut.
By the way, which Chi-town program?

About the Ads

MastaP

15+ Year Member
Feb 21, 2004
Status (Visible)
Just one week left. Anyone else getting nervous? I wish it would be next Thursday already!

Kalel

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
Feb 1, 2004
Metropolis
Status (Visible)
I'm not really nervous to tell the truth. There's not much where we match now anyways. I do wish that they would hurry up and tell us where we matched. Because the system is based on computer algorithms, I'm certain that the computer has already matched us places and the match people already know where we all will be going.

gus247

2+ Year Member
Oct 30, 2015
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Necro-bump

13 days and 23 min left until Match day. 8 days 22 hrs and 22 min until we find out if we matched. Trying to stay sane.
That's one hell of a Necro Bump

TorMed

2+ Year Member
Nov 28, 2014
I’m Canadian and we got our match last week. Happiest moment of my life was seeing I had matched (and here they tell you where).

LuciusVorenus

Bad Medicine
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 14, 2009
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
I’m Canadian and we got our match last week. Happiest moment of my life was seeing I had matched (and here they tell you where).

I don't really get why they don't tell us either. It's not like it would really affect the SOAP. I guess the only difference would be that kids who SOAP can't attend match day. Honestly though I'm not a big fan of Match day either. "Let's get a bunch of neurotic kids in the same room and give some amazing news and some disappointing news and then watch how they interact after."

DoubleBogey

2+ Year Member
Jul 11, 2017
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Check the match page “view source code” method - saw where I matched 1wk early, which was awesome!

About the Ads
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.