The time for applying for DAT

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by gobiz, Jan 19, 2002.

1. gobiz

gobiz Member

I'm going to apply for dental schools in fall 2003 and take DAT on June 2002...

I have a question aout the time for DAT...I will not be finished with Organic chem 2 on this June..Isn't there any restriction to apply for DAT without being done with required course such as Organic chemistry...?

Also, what do i need to apply for DAT? Just call and pay...that's it?

what do you guys think of the best timing for DAT? is it okay to take DAT until Setember?

Thanks for you guys coming feedback...Good luck...

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Yah-E

Yah-E Toof Sniper

Non-Student
    Gobiz,

You can take the DAT when ever you feel comfortable taking it! If by June 2002, you haven't finished Organic 2 yet, I would suggest just getting a $38 Kaplan book and study the rest of Organic material that you haven't learned yet! Again, take the DAT as you feel comfortable.

ADA and the Dental Admissions Testing does require you to have one year of collegiate education for participation, which should include courses in Biology, General Chem., and Organic Chem. As long as you have one year of college behind you, you will be fine to register for the DAT.

Each year, dental school will starts to accept applications with AADSAS starting in the beginning of June. If you want to apply early (which is recommended), you might want to take the DAT before September 2002 at the latest. Generally, anytime between June through November is a good time to take the DAT. Hope this helps.
    :cool: