The top 5 things every soon to be extern should know about...Hallux Limitus

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

air bud

I am a dog and play basketball
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
and go...

Members don't see this ad.

1) You must understand the etiology of the patient's hallux limitus/rigidus in order to treat it properly.

2. Classification/Staging and how it dictates treatment.

Members don't see this ad :)
The various surgical options. Both Joint Salvage and Joint Destructive.

I almost forgot THE most important issue.

Does the patient have good insurance????!!!!

(relax, I'm only kidding)

ANY patient with a PMH of 1) diabetes mellitus, 2) hallux limitus/rigidus, and 3) onychauxis of the hallux digit should watch out for this PRIMARY disease....GO!

ANY patient with a PMH of 1) diabetes mellitus, 2) hallux limitus/rigidus, and 3) onychauxis of the hallux digit should watch out for this PRIMARY disease....GO!

Hemochromatosis?

EDIT: Maybe you should make a new thread so this thread doesn't get off track. I like what Airbud is trying to do here and this can be very useful to a lot of students.

Lupus?

3361870231_ba7bff5514.jpg

But on a serious note, I'll go with diabetic foot ulcer, although I'm not at all certain that's the right answer.

But on a serious note, I'll go with diabetic foot ulcer, although I'm not at all certain that's the right answer.
If you look in the thread titled "Patient Case" you will find the "right" answer (subungual ulceration) along with a lot of other things... :laugh:.

BTW, I like the original idea for this thread.

If you look in the thread titled "Patient Case" you will find the "right" answer (subungual ulceration) along with a lot of other things... :laugh:.

BTW, I like the original idea for this thread.

Wow that other thread became an epic pissing contest quick.