The Truth About St. Christopher?s College of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I have heard all the arguments here about where St. Chris threads should be placed in the new forums. All of you make very some good points!

Except in the case of overt advertisements, I have decided for now to let thread starters start threads about St. Chris where they choose to, and that I will leave them where they are originally posted. With the exception as already noted, this means that wherever the thread is started, there it will remain.

My reasons are:

--Leaving it open will tend to spark discussion about the nation of the school's charter, its physical campus location(s), and the fact that its students have much in common with students at campuses in the Carrib which cater to many North Americans. It would seem to me that this would make threads about the school more dynamic and full of content and give more complete pictures of it and its students to SDN newcomers and others.

--It seems the only way to make the most possible people happy and the least possible disappointed.

--It is most in keeping with the generally "less is more" moderating philosophy of SDN. SDN International and its moderators are independent, and everyone is free to post contentions and cross-contentions as they see fit within the SDN Terms of Service guidelines.

I trust all this is taken in the good spirit I give it in, and thank all the users here.

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by Clarkenti
Yeap.
First advice... don't trust in any school or any teacher, Medicine is a universal stuff... Doesn't matter where you are studing, the books are most the same and I think if these teachers are teaching cause they know about the stuff. So, take your book and try study by your self. Medicine doesn't come from the teacher but it's come from your dedication and love .
So.. don't try to judge people and study.

I don't think that's 100% accurate. You have to admit if you have a really good teacher you can feel more motivated to learn; or you feel the material more relevant or you can make more connections between subject matter. I guess it just depends on how you prefer to learn.

This school attracts so much dubiosity....(is dubiosity an acceptable word?)
Isnt it time someone made more reliable pics/ videos of this place? Is it true there's no library??
What the heck do students do when they need to look something up?
I cannot imagine a school being allowed to run this way in the UK. It's most likely the fault of the UK govt. Maybe they should kick all these UK squatters back to wherever the schools are chartered.
It's not like their countries are in war, or it's climactically in crisis.
Shame on all the govt's that allow such clownish outfits to set up and peddle their MD degrees. It even cheapens the genuine UK schools credibility... guilt by association.

Members don't see this ad :)
It is true that we lack a library at this moment. However, we have access to Luton University library whenever we need it. The school is in the process of building us our own facilities, but during the transition, we have been left without a lot. The new facilites are expected to be done either before next term starts in january or within the first week or two of class.

Regarding the Uk govt: They are well aware of our status in this country and fully support us. This includes the GMC, Minister of Higher Education, and Minister of Health.

To see pics of how things currently stand, please view the tour on the official SC website http://www.stchris.edu

Originally posted by bts4202
Regarding the Uk govt: They are well aware of our status in this country and fully support us. This includes the GMC...

But, it would be fair to add, this support does not include unlimited registration of St. Chris students by the GMC, as the GMC might recognize students of medical schools with UK charters.

This is true initially. After 5 years of limited registration, we are eligible for full licensure. This is not exclusive to our students of course, but the support of these organizations does make our students progress through the system a little easier.

Originally posted by Meat Cookie
Moderators, doesn't this thread belong in the Africa forum?

They're aware of the controversy (many posts, above) over where to put threads from schools physically located in a different country than they're registered, and have decided for the most part to leave such threads where they lie. IMO, moving would cause more confusion than not moving.

-pitman

This is true initially. After 5 years of limited registration, we are eligible for full licensure. This is not exclusive to our students of course, but the support of these organizations does make our students progress through the system a little easier.

I saw St. Christopher's on BBC?s "Look East" a couple of weeks ago. Apparently most of Luton's residents are not aware of its existence. I think it's misleading to say that the GMC supports the school - it gives it the same credence as many foreign medical schools listed by the WHO.

This page - http://www.gmc-uk.org/news/current/mcl.htm - has a link which lists the UK medical schools recognised by the GMC. St. Chistopher's is not one of them.

I saw St. Christopher's on BBC?s "Look East" a couple of weeks ago. Apparently most of Luton's residents are not aware of its existence

Actually, this was not the focus of the story. The school is in process of putting the story on the official website. it should be done by christmas. Anyone interested can watch it then.

i'd like to know what bbc said about st chris, and i'd rather hear it from people who have seen it...
....not people working for/with/ stchris on these boards.... sorry but some of you schmucks working for stchris make such a mockery out of your pathetic attempts to propp up this school.

and yes, i concurr with the earlier writer who suggested that this school be listed under AFRICA forums

Originally posted by MPS
I saw St. Christopher's on BBC?s "Look East" a couple of weeks ago. Apparently most of Luton's residents are not aware of its existence. I think it's misleading to say that the GMC supports the school - it gives it the same credence as many foreign medical schools listed by the WHO.

This page - http://www.gmc-uk.org/news/current/mcl.htm - has a link which lists the UK medical schools recognised by the GMC. St. Chistopher's is not one of them.
Most citizens in the UK are unaware of it's existence! It's students are not registered UK medical students in any respect. I find it alarming that these students undertake clinical practice in British hospitals, even if they are supervised by GMC registered doctors. Their course is not regulated by British authorities. It may be an excellent course, it may be a cowboy operation, but the fact is patients have a right to seen by students who operate under UK guidelines and this school is outside such control. Who regulates, authorises, governs or maintains quality and safety in this institution? Themselves?! That is not right in my opinion.

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by Kev (UK)
Most citizens in the UK are unaware of it's existence! It's students are not registered UK medical students in any respect. I find it alarming that these students undertake clinical practice in British hospitals, even if they are supervised by GMC registered doctors. Their course is not regulated by British authorities. It may be an excellent course, it may be a cowboy operation, but the fact is patients have a right to seen by students who operate under UK guidelines and this school is outside such control. Who regulates, authorises, governs or maintains quality and safety in this institution? Themselves?! That is not right in my opinion.

I have to disagree with this. I wonder if you know that students from almost all the carrib schools do loads of clinicals in the UK. The people who evaluate their competency is the attending in charge. Did you know that at least half of AUC's clinicals are in british and irish hospitals? None of these schools are approved by the UK in any respect, but it is allowed due to the safegaurds in place at the hospitals themselves.

....not people working for/with/ stchris on these boards.... sorry but some of you schmucks working for stchris make such a mockery out of your pathetic attempts to propp up this school

It is quite immature of you to call me names and be disrespectful when not only have I not done anything to you, but I suggested that people watch the program themselves when it is put online.

BTS,
from your past notes, you were claiming to be a student, and putting up all this nonsense about the shadiest school, this side of Santo Domingo..( no offense to DR schools... this school might be the worst yet)
Now, by your last post, it seems that you're admitting ( FINALLY) that you work for St Chris...
and you're not really a student..

i kind of figured that, when i read in one of your post, a justification for st.chris not having a library. Are you not in the least bit ashamed to be masquerading as a student? You've mislead a lot of students..
i hope they put you away. along with all the stchris pushers...

and i'm the one who's immature?
now

I am sorry, but where did I say I worked for SC?

I have to disagree with this. I wonder if you know that students from almost all the carrib schools do loads of clinicals in the UK. The people who evaluate their competency is the attending in charge. Did you know that at least half of AUC's clinicals are in british and irish hospitals? None of these schools are approved by the UK in any respect, but it is allowed due to the safegaurds in place at the hospitals themselves.

This does not make it "right" in my opinion. As you say they are not "approved" and because of that I do not agree with these students undertaking clinical practice in UK hospitals. Competency should not be evaluated by an "attending in charge" but by an approved independent regulator.

My post referring to "schmucks working for St Chris", seemed to bother you enough that you responded by calling me immature.
Did I ever mention you in that email?
So if I didnt, then why did you respond?
That's called a freudian slip.
I never used your name, but it seems to have bothered you enough, that you lost your cool, and called me immature.
oh, since we're on the topic of that little african? Uk? Caribbean ? school, let me ask you something...

What is your status with the GMC?
and please answer only after youve spoken to your legal eagles.

Originally posted by Kev (UK)
This does not make it "right" in my opinion. As you say they are not "approved" and because of that I do not agree with these students undertaking clinical practice in UK hospitals. Competency should not be evaluated by an "attending in charge" but by an approved independent regulator.

Ok, if it is your opinion that no foriegn school should do clinicals in the UK, then I can accept that opinion. I just thought that you were singling out SC and I thought that was a bit unfair.

Dimsum, you have showed yourself as a troll and I will not respond to you any further.

Originally posted by dimsum
My post referring to "schmucks working for St Chris", seemed to bother you enough that you responded by calling me immature.
Did I ever mention you in that email?
So if I didnt, then why did you respond?
That's called a freudian slip.

No, not a Freudian slip -- none is needed to justify defending against silly accusations. Do you have any evidence whatsoever that someone being paid to market St. Chris has been posting on this board?

The issue of whether bts himself, or others, is paid by St. Chris has been addressed numerous times here (see the archives). Since you nor anyone else has any such evidence, show some maturity and refrain from the characterization/accusation.

-pitman

It turns out that mtt (a St. Chris student, past moderator on valueMD, who posted before and have gone silent now) is getting paid by the school. He contributed to the new official website.

Thanks Poly, for pulling out the MTT evidence..

So BTS, you're calling me a TROLL, just a day after calling me immature for referring to StChris employees on these boards as "Schmucks".....
...impressively mature on your part.

Dont you think people can see through your shallow Charades?
I keep writing, so that people are aware of exactly what you're doing.
You guys can spam all you want, but soon all the sites, including your own site MDPARADISE, 54, valuemd, etc, will be followed by people who are disgusted by your efforts.
I've heard your employer, oops, I meant your educational Palace is being investigated by various investigative bodies in the US, and UK< after accusations of fraud and Larceny....
but i guess all thats totally untrue, and you're HARVARD AND OXFORD AFFILIATED,
enough said

Originally posted by poly
It turns out that mtt (a St. Chris student, past moderator on valueMD, who posted before and have gone silent now) is getting paid by the school. He contributed to the new official website.

Poly, that's a silly allusion serving only to invite conspiracy theories. Yes, it has been reported here that he has been involved with the website. Therefore, he is "being paid" (unless volunteering) by the school, just as anyone who gets a job cleaning glassware could be said to be "paid" by the school. The question that matters is whether he's being PAID TO POST TO SDN.

As I stated in my first response to this fallacious reasoning months ago, I am a Web development expert, and if I needed $ for school and the school wanted me to build their website, I'd do it. I'd also do it for free if I happened to like the school enough and wanted to see it succeed or better itself. Neither says anything to the effect that I'd be "paid by the school" in any manner that implies deceit or lack of credibility.

-pitman

Thanks Poly, for pulling out the MTT evidence..

So BTS, you're calling me a TROLL, just a day after calling me immature for referring to StChris employees on these boards as "Schmucks".....
...impressively mature on your part.

Dont you think people can see through your shallow Charades?
I keep writing, so that people are aware of exactly what you're doing.
You guys can spam all you want, but soon all the sites, including your own site MDPARADISE, 54, valuemd, etc, will be followed by people who are disgusted by your efforts.
I've heard your employer, oops, I meant your educational Palace is being investigated by various investigative bodies in the US, and UK< after accusations of fraud and Larceny....
but i guess all thats totally untrue, and you're HARVARD AND OXFORD AFFILIATED,
enough said

dim,

You've fallen deep into the same anti-intellectual trap as the students who read the posts of cartoons and photos of Pizza Hut and claim they prove/support something nefarious.

If you truly cared about seeking the truth, you'd take any claims of St. Chris students being paid with the same skepticism you take the posts of school supporters. Instead, you are singly grabbing at any semblance of support for your own beliefs of St. Chris mispropriety...likely for your ego.

Likewise, your post's (inflammatory and unsubstantiated) allusional title shows that you are not interested in the truth.

-pitman

Tow company line or no job or favors.

One of the inherent problems with forums is what they do to some people's ability to reason inductively.

The cause of the problem is the nature of a "running history" that a forum provides, unlike that of a contextually indexed database which allows for easy cross-referencing. Instead, it is tedious to mine old information, indeed old threads are never looked at by many participants, but rather at best such people remember only their "feelings" or the "tone", or the last statement *they* made. So when a topic is brought up once again, allusions fly based off of a bias for which no one really knows the source(s).

People in general like to think their beliefs are factual, and some tend not to question them when regurgitating them. Yet if someone really wants to act as an advocate (pro or con), or as a seeker of truth, it does them well to remember or to research exactly what went down in the running history, and not to exploit the short attention spans of their compatriots in attempts at propping their own egos up.

And when a counterargument to an assertion has already been presented in this running history, that counterargument had better be addressed when repeating the old assertions. Otherwise, one clearly demonstrates to those who are more diligent that one doesn't really care about the nature of the truth.

If you believe St. Chris is fraudulent or blackmailing students to post here, or in whatever other conspiracy, do yourself a favor and err on the side of caution by reviewing the posts of the last 6-8 months or so and quoting your sources and forming valid arguments, lest you want to be ridiculed for having no memory or ability to inductively reason.

-pitman

Tow company line or no job or favors.

Yes indeedee, you have accurately reasoned that it is theoretically possible for a school to blackmail a student. So what? The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence -- extending your reasoning (reductio ad absurdum), you too should be considered a minion of your own school, since payment does not even have to enter a blackmail equation, and thus all posting here by members of authority-wielding institutions should be considered blackmailed minions of their respective institutions.

At best, all you can claim is a potential conflict of interest when getting paid by a school and separately posting positive statements about the school. But to the extent that this potential for conflict makes you a *skeptic* (since all you know is the potential), you should acknowledge how steep you thus make the slippery slope, and should reflect long and hard about who, if anyone, CANNOT be considered to have any potential conflict of interest.

-pitman

Pit,

i've heard that the biggest failures in life, spend their most productive years, lying to young naieve people, trying to impress them, because they've already lost the more intelligent audience..

your wisdom on this one..?

This is one reason to be VERY cautious about North American style M.D. programmes in the U.K. and the claims they make.

Medical College London

We have received a number of calls about Medical College London (MCL) which is based at Medway Maritime Campus, 39 Sandling Way, Chatham, Kent, ME4 3AZ.

MCL, although based in the United Kingdom, is not able to award UK primary qualifications leading to registration with the General Medical Council because MCL is not listed in the Medical Act 1983. It is not a university in the European Union offering a primary European qualification recognised in the Medical Act. Its degrees will not lead to automatic registration with us.

Medical degrees which are awarded by an institution on the World Health Organisation (WHO)'s directory of medical schools enable the graduate to undertake certain other requirements. If these requirements (including the Professional Linguistics Assessment Board (PLAB) test amongst others) are completed successfully by an individual, this would normally lead to limited registration.

The Medical College London is not currently on the WHO directory. As matters currently stand, degrees awarded by the Medical College London will not lead to registration with us.

We are not aware of degrees from MCL being awarded by a WHO listed university. It has been alleged that degrees are not in fact awarded by MCL, but by the St Lucia College of Medicine and Health Sciences. The entry on the WHO directory (dated 31 December 2002) states that "A licence was granted to the following school to operate from 1 January 2001 to 31 December 2001 St Lucia College of Medicine and Health Sciences". The St Lucia College of Medicine and Health Sciences is not therefore, currently on the WHO List. This means that it would not automatically entitle the graduate holder of the St Lucia College of Medicine and Health Sciences degree to sit PLAB or satisfy certain other requirements leading to limited registration.

These are the UK universities whose degrees are recognised by the GMC.

The Department for Education and Skills are aware of certain claims made by Medical College London. They have stated "All institutions offering degree qualifications in the UK must be recognised. If they are not, they must make it clear that they are not offering British degrees?.we have now decided to ask the local trading standards, which is responsible for enforcement, to investigate Medical College of London."

The GMC has jurisdiction to look into complaints against registered medical practitioners.

[*EDITED 12/07/03 by Stephen Ewen to add link, which is part of source page.]

Pit,

i've heard that the biggest failures in life, spend their most productive years, lying to young naieve people, trying to impress them, because they've already lost the more intelligent audience..

and dont forget experienced and jaded

Pit,

and dont forget experienced and jaded

Dim and poly:

Huh? And how does my student status lend to your arguments? What, you wanna battle credentials?

Do you guys understand the self-defeating nature of your allusions? Any qualifications you'd like to make, or just the allusions?

Do you understand whether you're making any point here at all?

Is this all you have to say to one and all in response to the presented counter-arguments? Then thanks for conceding every one of my points and for the turnaround on St. Chris.

Take some advice guys, stick to attacking the arguments, not the arguer.

-pitman

Dear Pit,

You want to compare credentials as a "student" of the immaculate St.Chris?
I'm an attending teaching physician at an IVY league University hospital. I honestly doubt that your whole St.Chris University credentials, put together, would amount to anything close to my credentials, so please be careful with you nonsensical verbiosity. Having read a few of your postings, I am convinced that you have a serious alcohol issue, and these postiongs are part of a syndrome called Wernicke's. ...
go look that up in the library.
Oops, I'm sorry, you guys dont have a library....
Well, look it up online.

I think pitman is not a student at St. Chris, but rather he is going to attend a med school in Australia. But I could be wrong as it is hard for me to keep track, not that I tried very hard at remembering.

You want to compare credentials as a "student" of the immaculate St.Chris?
I'm an attending teaching physician at an IVY league University hospital. I honestly doubt that your whole St.Chris University credentials, put together, would amount to anything close to my credentials, so please be careful with you nonsensical verbiosity. Having read a few of your postings, I am convinced that you have a serious alcohol issue, and these postiongs are part of a syndrome called Wernicke's. ...
go look that up in the library.
Oops, I'm sorry, you guys dont have a library....
Well, look it up online.

Boy, you fell right into that one...

1) So you think the pertinent credentials for valid argumentation are where you're doing your training? You've just proven my "ego" argument, chump.

2) Do they teach you research skills at your nice university hospital? Cus' even the slightest amount would tell you that I'm obviously NOT a St. Chris student. Nice misdiagnosis/professionalism (x2). And thanks for confirming my 'running history' observations.

3) Thanks for AGAIN sticking only to attacking character and conceding every argument I presented in support of St. Chris.

I don't care about how my posts come across to those I post to, I post for those who come here to be informed and who follow threaded arguments, not egos.

-pitman

Originally posted by pitman
Boy, you fell right into that one...

1) So you think the pertinent credentials for valid argumentation are where you're doing your training? You've just proven my "ego" argument, chump.

2) Do they teach you research skills at your nice university hospital? Cus' even the slightest amount would tell you that I'm obviously NOT a St. Chris student. Nice misdiagnosis/professionalism (x2). And thanks for confirming my 'running history' observations.

3) Thanks for AGAIN sticking only to attacking character and conceding every argument I presented in support of St. Chris.

I don't care about how my posts come across to those I post to, I post for those who come here to be informed and who follow threaded arguments, not egos.

-pitman

Pitman...I hate to be the one to say that, although I admire you for standing up to the St. Chris bullies on a consistent basis (and..I know you're enrolling in the Aus. MBBS!), you can be extrememly rude and undiplomatic yourself. I recall that you once called me a "d**k" for diverting the focus away from you in one thread. Even if it was in jest (and I think it may have been), it kind of tells us all a little bit about your character, my friend. Perhpas it's better that you leave the defending St. Chris burden to students who actually attend there and, instead, focus on your own bright career down under.

Originally posted by Friendly
...although I admire you for standing up to the St. Chris bullies on a consistent basis (and..I know you're enrolling in the Aus. MBBS!), you can be extrememly rude and undiplomatic yourself. I recall that you once called me a "d**k" for diverting the focus away from you in one thread. Even if it was in jest (and I think it may have been), it kind of tells us all a little bit about your character, my friend. Perhpas it's better that you leave the defending St. Chris burden to students who actually attend there and, instead, focus on your own bright career down under.

Thanks for the advice, Friendly, I do recall once using that term, in jest (your post wasn't a diversion from me, but of the thread I was a part of); apologies if my tone didn't carry or if you believe such a term is inherently rude. If that says something to you personally about my sense of humor (or irony..or character), then so be it -- I cannot stop people from forming opinions. But my issue here is not with lack of diplomacy per se -- I debate arguments and presumptions from people who know only how to attack arguers over arguments, not from misunderstood sympathizers. For the danger of the first is far greater than that of the second ;).

BTW careful of "us"-references, I don't think you mean to convey any sense of a group-speak.

-pitman

Originally posted by pitman
Thanks for the advice, Friendly, I do recall once using that term, in jest (your post wasn't a diversion from me, but of the thread I was a part of); apologies if my tone didn't carry or if you believe such a term is inherently rude. If that says something to you personally about my sense of humor (or irony..or character), then so be it -- I cannot stop people from forming opinions. But my issue here is not with lack of diplomacy per se -- I debate arguments and presumptions from people who know only how to attack arguers over arguments, not from misunderstood sympathizers. For the danger of the first is far greater than that of the second ;).

BTW careful of "us"-references, I don't think you mean to convey any sense of a group-speak.

-pitman

No....I'm pretty much willing to bet several people agree with what I've written. Sorry, man. :)

No....I'm pretty much willing to bet several people agree with what I've written. Sorry, man. :)

Agreed. St. Chris is shady and their students should be giving their school advice to improve image. How ironic.

I disagree

Of course you disagree. You are more interested in the admin's tactics than informing prospective students! lol.

Originally posted by mtt
We will not reveal our clinical sites to strangers because this is our policy. If you are a current St Chris student, students entering clinicals do reveal the sites to other students.

No offense, but that's like saying "we're going to sell you this car for 20K, but we won't tell you what options it comes with until you sign the purchase agreeement."

IF you can't fully diclose the details of curriculum, it reflects poorly on the school. Many would ask what you have to hide.

Pitman, I see a trend here.
Yes, a trend indeed. Too bad you don't see it though. So I'll be more explicit this time (keeping in mind my comments about "running histories", "group-speak", and lack of argumentation)...here goes, pay close attention, there are numbered references and argumentation here:

1) Originally posted by Pitman
Thanks for the advice, Friendly, I do recall once using that term, in jest (your post wasn't a diversion from me, but of the thread I was a part of); apologies if my tone didn't carry or if you believe such a term is inherently rude. If that says something to you personally about my sense of humor (or irony..or character), then so be it -- I cannot stop people from forming opinions. But my issue here is not with lack of diplomacy per se -- I debate arguments and presumptions from people who know only how to attack arguers over arguments, not from misunderstood sympathizers. For the danger of the first is far greater than that of the second .

2) posted by Friendly, in response to Pitman
3) posted by DATtaker, in response to Friendly
Agreed. St. Chris is shady and their students should be giving their school advice to improve image. How ironic.
4) posted by poly, in response to Friendly/DATtaker
agreed.
5) posted by InfiniteUni, in response to Friendly/DATtaker/poly
Agreed...

Now, since #1 (pitman) does not refer to anything Friendly has written about St. Chris per se, Friendly's dissention in #2, if in context, can only be referring to the statement, "If that says something to you personally about my sense of humor (or irony..or character)...", or to "I don't think you mean to convey any sense of a group-speak". Both refer back to Friendly's original claim, "..it [making a crude joke] kind of tells us all a little bit about your character, my friend". The supposed 'trend' Friendly sees ends with Friendly's post (ala #3), but it'd be interesting to see if DATtaker desires now to make a connection beyond using the word, "ironic", since were the trend to exist, members would be agreeing to being part of a 'group-speak' that Friendly encourages (as in, "us belonging in this thread [we are grouped]") -- not a very flattering self-indictment, to say the least.

DATtaker's (#3) assentation could become an argument, or at least be consistent with Friendly, if that were the real concern. Was the statement an attempt to link pitman (me) with St. Chris? Or is it an undeveloped argument attempting to link to my call (on ValueMD) for St. Chris students to challenge the school to improve its image? If the former, then this feeds the trend observed here of ppl unwilling (lazy or incapable or troll-like) to get some easily verifyable facts straight. If the latter, I'm always willing to hear a formed argument, but it does well to observe that InfiniteUni (#5) agreed with me on ValueMD and thus cannot be said to be responding to Friendly or to be part of any "trend" Friendly is soliciting.

Who knows then what convoluted meaninglessness poly (#4) has sheepishly agreed to?

The trend here, still not addressed by ANY of those demonstrating the pack behavior of this thread (dimsum, poly, friendly, for starters), is the lack of willingness and/or ability to respond directly to ANY counter-argument made here in response to the accusations and personal attacks against those affiliated with St. Chris, which lack I incidentally proposed could be caused by an inability to follow the "running history" of a forum or by a lack of interest in truth (leaving it to the individual to self-characterize).

Invitations for disinterested defenders to 'leave' the thread (to the benefit of the attackers) truly beg this pack analogy, Friendly. And multiple assentations where agreement is contextually and logically impossible serve only to demonstrate my claimed trends, not yours. Pack behavior is how we feign group-speak...as if we (you?) were (wanted?) a mindless collective!

-pitman

Originally posted by ZanMD
IF you can't fully diclose the details of curriculum, it reflects poorly on the school. Many would ask what you have to hide.

I agree that mtt's statement, and such policy if real, need to be addressed. This is different than assuming deviant behavior/character, conspiracies to defraud, guilt/generalization by association, etc.

-pitman

I disagree

Originally posted by soopa
Of course you disagree. You are more interested in the admin's tactics than informing prospective students! lol.

I think you may have missed bts' point here, soopa -- a bunch of unqualified "agree"s shows a meaningful trend about as well as an unqualified dissention breaks one (how ironic).

huh? What was that long convoluted meaninglessness post of pitman above?

(Just playing my assigned role...) lol

ok, ok, I will admit to tuning out after only reading 1.5 lines and skiming the rest of pitman's convoluted meaninglessness.

Can anybody succinctly rephrase for me? Is it worth it? Maybe not. ok, whatever...