The U.S. Postal Service will not pick up or deliver any mail on Columbus Day.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

opus

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I hate when the mail doesn't come. :(

Members don't see this ad.

How inconsiderate of them:mad: :mad:

I think they should deliver mail to all SDNEers on holidays,
because after all we are SPECIAL!!!!
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Originally posted by Amy B
How inconsiderate of them:mad: :mad:

I think they should deliver mail to all SDNEers on holidays,
because after all we are SPECIAL!!!!
:clap: :clap: :clap:

ooohhh!!! good idea - maybe we could hang little flags on our mailboxes so they'll know which ones are ours!! you know, I'm feeling generous, maybe they could deliver to all med school applicants. after all, we're all camping out waiting for the mail every day. ;)

:)

Members don't see this ad :)
crap now I have nothing to do on monday. my only hope is something through email. :(

Hmm...I suppose this means a bunch of tree huggin' hippies will protest on campus tomorrow...well, at least they'll chalk everywhere if the sidewalks dry up from all this rain.

The man is trying to hold us down.

no wonder i did not get any of my usaul(how do u spell usual?) junk mail!

do you think that admissions committees are working today? any chance for interview emails? or should i just give up hoping for today? :)

they are working at ucsf i think.... at least the rest of the staff are working.

Originally posted by Random Access
Hmm...I suppose this means a bunch of tree huggin' hippies will protest on campus tomorrow...well, at least they'll chalk everywhere if the sidewalks dry up from all this rain.

In fact, they did chalk some, and they put up two banners at one of the main gates on campus. They even put what looks like yak's blood all around campus, I think to represent the bloodshed from Columbus killing people? I'm not actually sure.

the good news is that UPS is running, so the new shoes i ordered should be delivered!! :D :laugh:

unfortunately, i don't think this will help ecu send me a letter any faster. have to keep thinking positively... :D

Originally posted by Sweet Tea
the good news is that UPS is running, so the new shoes i ordered should be delivered!! :D :laugh:

So's FedEx, as I got a new cell phone battery today.

Sucks because the status page at one of my schools (Wright State) says that a decision has been reached and has been mailed to my preferred address. It said that last night, and I knew that I wouldn't get it today. Now I'm wondering if I'll get it tommorow.

Originally posted by Doctor Octopus
Sucks because the status page at one of my schools (Wright State) says that a decision has been reached and has been mailed to my preferred address. It said that last night, and I knew that I wouldn't get it today. Now I'm wondering if I'll get it tommorow.

ha ha.. must be nervewracking, eh?? :p good luck!

it's a federal holiday; but it's not a state holiday...which means universities stay open.. sometimes i wonder if there's tons of mail sitting on a boat for hawai'i that's grounded for repairs. :rolleyes: